The HOT mommy at the gym debate

Options

Replies

• Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't see a reason to go to the gym in full makeup. It is bad for your skin by clogging your pores ect and if you do break a sweat it feels terrible. I do however hate dropping or picking up my kids without looking good and I have 5 kids so I'm not just commenting without knowing what it's like to have children and keep yourself together.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I don't give a damn what anyone else does at the gym.

I wear tight tanks and full makeup. I also work my *kitten* off. Why does anyone else care if I choose to wear makeup?
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm young, only 17, but I certainly notice when other women (or even men at times) are coming in trying to look hot and hardly exercise the entire time. They talk amongst themselves, maybe use a little 3 - 5 lb dumbbell, or are walking on 1.0 speed on the treadmill, hardly working out that hard. I suppose any exercise is better than none, but it can get annoying. And by annoying, I mean when I have to wait for these people to shut up and share the strength training machines instead of being on one for 15 - 20 minutes straight.

I will come into the gym with or without makeup, my hair done, etc, but the only reason I'd be wearing makeup or have my hair done is because it's the afternoon / night and I've finished my day at school. I usually come in looking like a scrub in spandex and leaving with rosy cheeks and drenched in sweat.

If I'm at the gym, I'm there for the gym. Not to socialize, not to make friends (though I'm not opposed to making friends, or striking up conversation), but to WORKOUT.

This is exactly how I am!

I do enjoy seeing people fixed up and I admire the cute outfits and I shop for cute workout clothes all the time because it inspires me...but when I roll out of bed to workout before work my hair is usually standing on end and I have sleep in my eyes and look a pretty hot mess! I really should put a little effort in, but at 6am I don't see as many people...however after work it's a different story and there are a lot of hotties that I want to look good for too.. and I find sweat pouring off of people and soaking their clothes very attractive!

But I hate the ones that aren't at the gym to work out, just to look good! Get out of my way!
  • meldaniel
    Options
    I think people who complain about pretty gym bunnies need to mind their own business. If looking nice gets you into the gym and working out then good for you! What do I care if someone looks all dolled up at the gym? And if you have friends at the gym great! And if you look nice even if you max out at 5 lb hand weights, well...that is wonderful!!

I frequently shower, fix my hair and have makeup on before I go to the gym. I have a life before I work out, then I work out, get dressed and go on with my life. I really hate having to get ready after working out because it delays my getting on with the day. I also like to feel pulled together from the start. It works for me.

But does your makeup not run in the gym? And even if it doesn't surely it melts off with the steam in the shower. I do not understand how people work out with a full face on, I would feel itchy and icky all day if I did that. I couldnt give a feck what way people are in the gym btw, but I have always wondered about it when I see it!

I don't wear super heavy makeup, but I've never had a problem with it. I do get very sweaty and heck, probably plenty of it sweats off, but I do look in the mirror afterwards and I'm fine. I know some people can't stand wearing makeup working out, but it isn't a problem for me:)

Same here. I dress in cute gym clothes because I wear them all day running around town! With my 3 year old it is way easier to just go as is than to come home and start from scratch. Plus sweaty hair is easily fixed...i just re-do the ponytail and off i go! Why is anyone bothered by women looking nice at the gym anyway? Silly!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,719 Member
    Options
    So while working out at the gym with a client (who is in very good shape and very pretty), she commented on a group of females (in their 30's to early 40's) that were wearing full makeup, perfect hair, tight clothing and laughing up a storm with the 5lbs dumbells while working out. Her comment was "don't know why these hot mommies always try to one up each other everyday when they come to work out". Apparently everyday (I don't see them everyday) they compete with each other on who can look the best at the gym. My client busts her *kitten* (and it shows) and doesn't give a damn about how sweating and beat up she looks when working out.
    She gets that they want to look nice, but failed to see why at the gym they had to portray being a hot mommy. Personally I like looking at hot mommies, but do most females feel this way about other females in the gym?
    Oh and for the hot mommies who try to look perfect at 7:00am in the morning just to drop off their kids, the kids have been telling me that there's no need for their mommy to look hot just to drop them off.
    It doesn't bother me to see hot mommies competing with each other, but I'd bet money that your client who busts her *kitten* looks way better than any of those hot mommies.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Eh, to each their own. I rarely wear make-up, even to work (unless I'm trying not to look like a zombie), so I wouldn't. But, that's just me.
  • mandamama
    Options
    I go to an all womens gym, I rarely RARELY see women all dolled up. It must be something more done at a unisex gym maybe? Can't wait to be the skinny hot mom HAHAH though I will not be wearing makeup, talk about melting your faceoff ick.
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I find that when I look better at the gym, I work harder. I don't mind spending more time in front of the mirror with the free weights because I look decent haha. I go to my university's gym, which is generally filled with sorority girls (including myself; Greek life is HUGE at my school) so most of the girls there are wearing makeup and nicer workout attire. I don't mind it at all.

It actually bothers me more when I see people dressed in junky clothing that isn't really appropriate for working out. For example, I always see a girl running around the track with bare feet, printed pajama pants, and a messy ponytail that half her hair is falling out of. It looks like she is sleep-exercising or something. It bothers me less to see women trying to look good than women looking straight up crazy.
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    The only time I go to the gym with makeup on is when I've come straight from work (Which is 95% of the time). If it's a morning work out, I go and look like a mess. . . I don't think it really matters either way. . . I just find the concept of primping explicitly for going to the gym a little silly.

That being said, my step brother constantly teases me for wearing a blue t-shirt with a massive ivory flower on the shoulder for working out in.
  • transfixedtoast
    transfixedtoast Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    pfft, you're judgemental if you have a strong opinion on this issue. Just live and let live guys, seriously.
    It's really none of anyones buisness but their own.
  • jeardawg
    jeardawg Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Not really in the gym to notice or judge people. Heck I have worked out next to people I know well and not really even realized they are there. The only time someone in the gym even gets my attention is when they lollygag (and I do mean lollygag) on a machine or piece of equipment that I would like a crack at (and they aren't receptive to me working in).
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I am a hot mommy at the gym...and yes I look perfect at 7am...what's the problem...???? I end up looking like hell in a hand basket but I put this **** all back together before I leave..so I walk out looking the same as when I walked in...lol! It's all personal preference...non hot mommies look great too!!! Anyone who is there is a rockstar IMO!!!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I don't look go to go to the gym, I go to the gym to look good. Why put on makeup if you intend to sweat?
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I could care less how other people look at the gym, usually I've got my music blaring in my earphones and I'm "in the zone" to kick some *kitten*. My *kitten* that is :)
    I look like crap going in the gym, and I look even worse coming out. I don't G.A.F.
    I am there for ME. If I'm there to impress anyone, it's gonna be MY trainer ;D

I couldn't have said it better myself. But I did see a girl with some small shorts on bending over (excessively) at her machine. I stretch in the locker room, no one needs to see my goods besides my bf. I rarely go without makeup but at the gym? That's re-dic! I'm in there to sweat and do my thang! And I'm still a hot mom without the sexy workout pants that says "Juicy" across the booty.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't have a gym membership (I workout at home) but when I did, I typically went to the gym in the evening or middle of the day. I already had makeup on for the day, it's not like I'm going to take it off so I can go workout.
  • K_M_O_C_K
    K_M_O_C_K Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I think if you're already coming from somewhere that you had put on make-up for etc it makes sense, but to put on make-up for the sole purpose of working out seems odd. BUT, I say that because make-up is an irritant for me while working out, and I'm not there to look good for anyone other than me. I say to each their own but I think if I saw the dolled up Mommies I'd be concerned that they were judging ME b/c I wasn't. Not sure if that makes sense?

I also came across a great quote recently that your client might like, "Skinny girls look good in clothes, fit girls look good naked :)"
  • worej
    worej Posts: 108
    Options
    I'm getting really frustrated with just how concerned these boards seem to be with what other women wear to the gym. Aren't we critical enough of other women as it is? What does it matter what anyone there looks like? Either I'm getting a great workout or I'm not; that has nothing to do with how I dressed myself. And it also affects nobody else, so I don't see why it's up for discussion so freaking often.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I always wear makeup - at least mascara - to the gym, but just because I feel uncomfortable being in public without visible eyelashes.

When I see other women who are all made up, it doesn't really occur to me to wonder if they are trying to look better than everyone else - maybe they just got off work?

That being said, the ones who put the full face of makeup on and then go very slowly on the treadmill or elliptical for 10 minutes so they don't break a sweat and ruin their perfect appearance make me giggle. They don't make me mad, they just make me giggle.

I look like a drowned rat when I get out of the gym - sweat-drenched, red-faced, and just generally icky - but I also look like I got a good workout. Whatever other women choose to do with their time at the gym is up to them (except for the obnoxious girl hogging the leg area last night while she played on her iPhone... I wanted to smack her, but instead I just did some extra reps of other exercises while I waited for her to get bored and leave so I could do my thing)
  • koolmum
    Options
    I would also like add, when I'm training a client at the gym, they don't have alot of opportunity to check out the other clients or even chat with me about anything that doesn't have to do with their workout or their nutrition. They are far too pre-occupied with trying not to puke, faint or die :laugh:
  • porschej21
    porschej21 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people that could be said to be annoyed by the "HOT mommies" but in my case it is the college girls who go to the gym to find a husband that drive me nuts. I won't even go to the gym on campus because I don't want to be a part of a fashion show! Despite the fact that I am crushing on the guy that works the front desk at the gym I go looking like crap, kick some butt, and leave looking worse. In all honesty though, this makes me feel HOT! So, I guess we all need to do what we feel makes us look or feel good about ourselves! I'll try to stop being so judgmental!