A Tear Jerking NSV

Options

Replies

• Best NSV I've seen yet!!
  • QueChulaYo
    Options
    :smile: Amazing revelation!!!! thanks for the needed inspiration, congrats to you and your healthy choices!!!:smile:
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all the comments. I think it hit me padticulary hard because since I started this thing last July it has been about me me me me me and how I look and how much I lost. I realized yesterday when I saw my son depending on me doing something physical "in this case picking him up too slide down" it hit me how good that feeling was.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Good for you! And everything you do does effect your family:-) Loved reading this!
    Great Job:-)!
  • PhoenixBlaise
    PhoenixBlaise Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a wonderful NSV! That right there is why I'm getting this weight off! I bet your son won't even remember the "fat" Dad! Way to go and keep playing! It's a great form of exercise!
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic realization! You've got to be so proud of yourself. Your son will grow up in a healthy environment.

I know being a single parent, my son wants to toss around a football and my daughter is interested in basketball. I'm going to be able to play with them this summer. Before, I would always stay inside with the A/C but not this summer!
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    *LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE* and hugs too :)
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    You are an awesome father
  • leahalissa
    leahalissa Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    These are the stories I like to read in the morning. Becoming a better you when you have children is a gift to them, definitely. Congrats on working hard for your family, too :)
  • I don't consider myself that much of a sensitive guy but today I had a nice NSV that made me a bit teary eyed.

I have a soon to be 2 year old and we finally took him to the park next to our new place and ... I was running around with him, jumping, laying down in front of him and letting him run me over with his bubble lawn mower, going down slides with him, climbing on the jungle gym, jumping from the jungle gym.

My wife pointed out that 120 lbs ago I would not have been able to even fit through one of the things I was climbing up too..

Kind of hit me like a bag of bricks when I realized how much we didn't do a little over a year ago and if I would have continued to do what I was doing I would have ruined my sons life and my wife's life... Either by having them pick up my bad habits or simply missing my son growing up...

This isn't always about looking good and feeling good about weight loss, this is a lifestyle change. This changes your life, your behavior and it can impact your entire family. It was cool.

Seriously.....these are the kinds of stories worth reading. Congrats to you and your family. Continued success along the way. Be blessed.
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Wow...congrats to you on your decisions to change your life and in doing so, you are enriching the lives of those you love! Props!
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful = congrats on your loss.
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I really couldn't think of a better NSV. That's so wonderful. You'll cherish these moments forever. I'm glad you're healthy enough that you, your son, and your wife can enjoy those great moments. Here's to MANY more precious moments! Congratulations! :drinker:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Dude that's awesome. Beyond an NSV, almost like a NSW.... Non Scale Win!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    That's awesome that you experienced this moment. Treasure it, don't forget it, and let it continue to drive you.

Me, I had the thoughts of similar things before I ever lifted a finger. I would have rather had the moment catch me off guard, but the possibility of the moment is what started the momentum, so I'm OK with that too.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    That is a great story and a wonderful NSV! Wishing you much continued success.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    THIS IS AMAZING. I totally understand why it made you all teary eyed.

I remember having the same "aha" moment when I realized I could keep up with my son when I wouldn't have been able to before.

You have given yourself and your family a wonderful gift. You should be SO PROUD!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    My wife pointed out that 120 lbs ago I would not have been able to even fit through one of the things I was climbing up too..

Kind of hit me like a bag of bricks when I realized how much we didn't do a little over a year ago . . .

That "bag of bricks" could be the 120 lbs you've lost. 120 lbs is about 24 bricks!

24bricks.jpg
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    What a great story!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome. Makes you realize why you want to be healthy and be there for your kids through every moment
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!