Anyone starting from around 230-250?

Options

Replies

• Crystaliam
    Options
    I can definitely relate to that. I have lost and gained so many times over the years. I am also starting out in the 250's and hoping that this time I will be able to keep it off. Good luck to you and congrats on your 4 lbs weight loss! If you have any tips, please share. :)
  • drgmommy
    Options
    Hey there1 I just started TODAY - I'm 5'8" and 243 :(. I'm 42, on steroids AND have a thyroid problem. My primary doctor told me that it will be close to impossible for me to lose weight but I intend on proving her wrong. When I start a "diet", I always have good intentions then as the days go by I'm less and less motivated until I completely cheat and give up. I'm hoping by being on this site that you all will help me stick to it! Message me anytime.

Dina
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hey there1 I just started TODAY - I'm 5'8" and 243 :(. I'm 42, on steroids AND have a thyroid problem. My primary doctor told me that it will be close to impossible for me to lose weight but I intend on proving her wrong. When I start a "diet", I always have good intentions then as the days go by I'm less and less motivated until I completely cheat and give up. I'm hoping by being on this site that you all will help me stick to it! Message me anytime.

Dina

Dina - i have found so much support and info on this site! I love it! Will send you a friend request. :smile:
  • keyrai
    Options
    you are never alone when you are here their are plenty of people here to support you and give you directions. im on my own quest as well im at 252 right now my start weight was 258 you may add me if you like. we might not be on the same diet plan but we are both going in the same direction. best of luck your never alone!!!
  • Donna_Houghton
    Donna_Houghton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I started on 242 and am now 222 - sounds like there are a lot of us in this zone! I can't wait until I break into the 100's... It feels so far off at the moment. I was also the heaviest I've ever been and I kind of tried to flip it round in my head to be 'this is the heaviest I'll ever be - it will only go down from here'. Good luck everyone!
  • KMiche82
    KMiche82 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello I started at 242 currently 237 going kinda slow I guess lol! Oh I'm 5' 7 1/2"
  • CollieRN
    CollieRN Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just joined last week, I'm 5'10", female, 35 years old, starting weight of 239. I just finished week 3 of the Couch to 5K program and have recently started doing the calorie counting thing, so far it's working. My appetite has decreased so much and I'm eating healthier, not wanting to waste any of that hard time put in at the gym. I'm new to this site, but looking for support and encouragement as well!

17734425.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • liljgrafix
    Options
    My original weight was 220 im down to 200.8 now and still trucking
  • clare1510
    Options
    Hi

I am starting again at 240. Feel free to add me! x
  • Mikey1983
    Mikey1983 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started at 255, I am currently at 231, let me know if you want to add me.
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' tall and started out at 267 pounds. Since December when I started, I'm down to 245 pounds. We're not the biggest nor the smallest, but hopefully we will be successful in achieving our goals.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I started at 280. I lost 41 last year but got injured and now I'm working on losing what I put on during my injury. So now I'm at 29 lbs lost. :( But its okay. I have been on for a year and have the tools to lose it again.

You can add me if you like!
  • wanda_50
    Options
    Yes....at my heaviest weight I was 265. I was 254 when I started on MFP. There are alot of people on this site that started at a high weight & the motivation & inspiration is great!! I am now down to about 235...cant wait to get under 200!! Good Luck
  • mcivabowden
    Options
    You are not the only one! I started out at 264 and am now at 173. You can do it! Add me if you would like :)
  • kallibrae
    kallibrae Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I started at around 230 and now i'm down in the 190's.
  • rkennedy39
    rkennedy39 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and when I started in mid July I was 222 pounds. I am not now 170. I actually weighted myself this morning and I need to update my weight loss. I weigh myself once a month.
  • grahamcarol
    Options
    Hi, I started just over a week ago, 5'11" and weight 140.6kg (around 309lbs) have had many yo-yo diets, so thought I would try this way now as a "life style" change instead of another diet. I lost almost 6lbs in my first week, Avoid as much fat and sugar as I can.

Good Luck..
  • A_Bowen3
    Options
    started a few days ago. and i am 232 lbs.
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    I started in this weight range and am down 19 lbs!!!

Add me if you're a supportive friend and fun to talk to! :flowerforyou:
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I started at 250 exactly. That was nearly 3 years ago, though.