Anyone starting from around 230-250?

Options

Replies

• Nanita02
    Options
    Trust me, you are not alone, I'm 224 from 250 lbs ( ugh )
    Looking forward to saying goodbye to the 200's.
    Let's do it!
    :)
  • dmoberg11
    dmoberg11 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just joined in January at 247 and have already lost 21 lbs - down to 225 today! This site is awesome and the motivation is very encouraging. Feel free to add me! We can do this together!
  • Mickie814
    Options
    I am at 235 right now! I am looking for others to share with as well.
  • twkelly
    twkelly Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and started at 243.5 on Jan 17. I'm currently at 217. This is a great site with lots of people who are willing to help and give advice. Lots of different advice so be prepared for confilcting information. Everyone is supportive though and it's really a great way to track your calories and exercise. Good luck on your journey to health.
  • Nanita02
    Options
    You go gurl! I have lupus fibromyalgia diabetes, steroids n I go way back, added 40 plus pounds n rough road doesn't get easier with age ... But we r not quitters!
  • klvaters
    Options
    I just started yesterday and I am starting at 245!
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Definitely not the only one!! I started Sept 2010 at 243 and only 5'5". I fell off the wagon from Dec. 2010- April 2011, but am currently down to 191. It's a long, long journey but as long as you stick with a slowly but surely mentality, you'll get there. Set small goals so that you're having something to celebrate often. It really does help. Good luck & best wishes! :flowerforyou:
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    When I started this journey last spring I was 247 and have gotten really serious about it since after Thanksgiving. Good luck to you on your journey.

Anyone is free to add me to continue this journey together.
  • elarvor
    elarvor Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started at 250lbs last year, I lost 20lbs initially but fell off the wagon at Christmas and gained 5lbs but I'm back on track and have lost 20.5lbs int total since using this. I started back on my 'Shrink Liz' mission 2 weeks ago and this time round I have added people from various forums - people I don't even know - and their support has been amazing. You are by no means the only one between 220 & 230; if you want this then you'll do it :-)

I bought a dress 3 sizes too small for me and I have been using it as my visual target which I can honestly say has helped me massively. I have a picture of the dress on the fridge door, in my purse and even on my computer screen at work. It's a constant reminder of what I want and always acts as a 'kick up the bum' when I'm not feel motivated or think about straying from my healthy eating plan.

Feel free to add me.

Good luck xx
  • paintedlady1978
    Options
    Well I'm 265 and terribly ashamed to admit it. But I'm taking a big step in changing it and sticking to it. Feel free to add me or message if you wanna talk. :-)
  • twinsmom903
    Options
    I "re-started" on Saturday. I'm currently 216! You are NOT alone sister!
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I started at 240# in August. I am now under 170#. Feel free to add me if you'd like. :)
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    My first time around here I started at 215 and got down to 165. Unfortunately I gained it all back due to being lazy and getting out of routine, and the pounds brought a few friends. Right now I am fluctuating but I am right around 225.....my immediate goal is to get down to at least 200, hoping to get my cycles regulated since my husband and I are trying to get pregnant. But depending on how much longer it takes (it's already been 10 months) I'm ultimately shooting for 160-165 again, either before I get pregnant or eventually after.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm down to 233 from my high of 245 on January 1. Also feel free to add me. I think you'd be surprised how many of us are here with a long way to go. :)
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hi Gabby! I started in January at 225. I have lost 7 pounds and plan to lose a lot more.... hopefully before my June wedding. I am 5'5" and would love to have more friends that share similar goals and are looking to give and get some good support! Feel free to add me. :happy:
  • tragikvampeera
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and I started yesterday at 255.6 and when I weighed this morning I was down to 252.4! I know it's water weight but it sure got me motivated! Good luck to you all! Since I'm new, I could use some diet buddies, lol!!
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone. I'm at 220 now, but my highest ever was 240. Oh, and I'm 5'5"
  • dwelly
    Options
    I started at 253 on Jan 24th and I am down to 233 as of Feb 27th
    I didn't think I could count calories and diet effectively and getting back to the gym has been easier than I thought
    Keep the faith and stick to the program and it will work out to better continued health
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm starting at 250......I'm 5'7". This is my first post on here, since I just started MFP yesterday.
  • cchastain1984
    Options
    :smile: Oh no, I'm 27 years old and starting from 320. Good luck to you!!!