EGG--CELLENCE For Easter!! (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I have come to a realization... I have not been giving "me" my best efforts. I am letting life happen to me, instead of making my life happen. I seem to always be "waiting" for my dreams to come true, instead of actively pursuing them. I need to put in the "hard work & dedication" (BL Quote) if I want results.

Some of us had incredible weeks - reaching weights that haven't been seen since High School! (insert happy snoopy dance of joy here for your achievements)

Some of us are doing everything we know to be right, and our bodies don't seem to be cooperating - to this group, I say keep up the hard work! Your results will pay off even if your patience is being tested.

Some are struggling with life getting in the way - taking on too much, forgetting to fit "us" in there somewhere...
    Some are sort of (for lack of a better word, and I only say this b/c it describes ME of late) "half-a**ing it".

So, yes, there are irritating things in all of our lives outside of our control - but at the end of the day we will feel best if we can put our heads on our pillows & think to ourselves "you know what, in spite of all the craziness, I gave my best today".

Here's to a triumphant week for us all!!

Hugs,
    Amy
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    well i did it...i completed my 1/2 marathon in under 3 hrs....2:54:54, so pretty much 2hrs and 55 minutes lol....

it was an amazing experience and i'll be doing a post and/or a blog soon, i have to get pics from the 2 girls i ran with - we took turns taking pictures so we didnt have to keep our phones out the whole time....

quick jump on the scale shows me up to the high 170s but i'll push forward this week as planned and hopefully by next monday i'll be back down and if not i'll record my actual weight then...

great job to everyone who lost this week and to those that didnt, hang in there, it will come....stay with it...
    denise
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Week81-1.jpg
    Week82.jpg
    Week83.jpg
    Week84.jpg

Comments later... :smile:
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Cathy 13....I feel your pain! We sold our house last Spring and had to get out in 10 days, so off to the #1 daughter's house. Lot's of stress!!!!

Bellamia88.....Wow!! Great week! WTG!!!

1ArmyMom1......I'm on a long plateau too....it sucks!! We may lose the battle, but we will win the war!!

AmybyExample.....loved your comments! Thanks and I hope you have a great week!

Kristen.....You are doing so well! Thank you for doing all the work for this challenge!!

To everyone.....Have a wonderful week....I hope we all lose big!!
  • AmyMW7
    AmyMW7 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    good job to everyone this week.

so i thought i'd share . . .

2 years ago today, i walked into JCPenny looking for a new bra . . . i literally couldn't find one that fit in our whole town!!

a worker asked me if she could help me and i lost it . . .
    we had just adopted our second daughter (our 5th child, so life was busy at home) and i was so sleep deprived, needed a new haircut, nothing fit, was living on milk duds, and life was just difficult!!
    i was also 225 pounds . . . my highest weight ever (aside from pregnancy).
    she gave me a hug and at that point i realized i needed to do something. (crying in penny's was for sure a low point)

The next day (march 1st) i started keeping track of my weight loss and wrote it down weekly.
    that first year, i just cut out sugar and walked! i lost about 55 pounds from March-December.

About this time last year, i stopped caring and over 5 months gained about 15 pounds back . . .

Late last summer, i looked at pictures from summer vacation and was horrified at what i had gained back.

August 2nd, i started MFP and have lost 41 pounds!
    I've learned so much being here and i truly love the challenge groups . .. this one has been my favorite!!

I am literally 1.5 pounds from my goal weight . . . what i weighed 19 years ago on my wedding!!

anyway - i wish i could figure out how to post pictures - i have a great before/after one. when i do, i'll be sure to post.

Keep up the good work, everyone!!
    it's way worth it!

thanks for listening:-)

-Amy
  • 1ArmyMom1
    Options

2 years ago today, i walked into JCPenny looking for a new bra . . . i literally couldn't find one that fit in our whole town!!

we had just adopted our second daughter (our 5th child, so life was busy at home) and i was so sleep deprived, needed a new haircut, nothing fit, was living on milk duds, and life was just difficult!!
    she gave me a hug and at that point i realized i needed to do something. (crying in penny's was for sure a low point)

The next day (march 1st) i started keeping track of my weight loss and wrote it down weekly.
    that first year, i just cut out sugar and walked! i lost about 55 pounds from March-December.

About this time last year, i stopped caring and over 5 months gained about 15 pounds back . . .

Late last summer, i looked at pictures from summer vacation and was horrified at what i had gained back.

I've learned so much being here and i truly love the challenge groups . .. this one has been my favorite!!

I am literally 1.5 pounds from my goal weight . . . what i weighed 19 years ago on my wedding!!

anyway - i wish i could figure out how to post pictures - i have a great before/after one. when i do, i'll be sure to post.

it's way worth it!

-Amy

That's awesome... congratulations!!! So inspirational! Thanks for sharing your story.
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    thurberj - "amazing"... :blushing: Thanks Jody. :-)

Vacationista - Great going on still exercising while you were traveling on business.

mrsgstone - 6 lbs in 6 weeks... I totally think you can do it!

rosiebug - I think it is fantastic that you did so well not doing emotional eating. :flowerforyou:

Pam3 - Good luck with all of the changes coming up.

Ncytiz & SenseAtional - YAY for getting to your high school weights!

ysamatar & redbird99 - Woo hoo for inches lost!

Jewcybabe - "learn to not underestimate myself"... GREAT!

AmyByExample - Thank you so much for what you shared.

bluiz13 - Great job on your 1/2 marathon!

dajndae - Thank you so much for sharing your story. What a true inspiration you are! Here is how to post pictures (since we'd LOVE to see them)...

1) Upload your picture to an online storage site like Flickr or PhotoBucket.
    2) You might need to resize your picture (640x480 is a good size. Somewhere between 340 and 640.).
    3) Copy the image code for the picture of your choosing (Code will have at the beginning and at the end.).
    4) Paste the code into the "reply" box on MFP.
    5) **VERY IMPORTANT** Change the and to a lowercase img and /img or the picture won't show up.

Example:

thisisnotarealpicture.jpg

For the picture to show up you would have to change the capital IMG to lowercase img in the front and back of the example link.

Congratulations to everyone that met or exceeded their mini goals! For those that didn't reach them but have still been losing... great! For those that are having a hard time with their eating/water/exercising... time to dig deep and find it in you to change. You can do this! We are here to help!

Congrats to cmpettey, Ncytiz, bellamia88, julidav, RaindropWishes, SallyCC, ChristineHetz80, Sailingsal, nekosimba, and rosiebug on being this week's winners of losing!

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to RaindropWishes for being our, overall, biggest loser of pounds AND percent!

Would a couple of our winners please give us a mini challenge for the week? Thanks!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! Thank you to those who are sharing their stories! The successes along with the struggles are so inspiring & motivating! We can do this! Let's have a great week!
  • raindropwishes
    Options
    Thank you for the congrats, I'm so surprised and proud of myself :bigsmile:

Congrats to everyone who's still going - even if you're not losing every week the fact you're here is still amazing! Keep it up.

Thank you to everyone who's shared their inspirational stories. They definitely help me stay positive and motivated.

:drinker: to another week for us all =)

My goal this week is to dedicate at least 80 minutes to exercise this week.

Good luck everyone. I'll try checking in when I can during the week :smile:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    here's a link to a movement challenge i've been doing since november 2010 if anyone wants to push themselves a bit harder in march...miles wise....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/508462-march-move-your-ss-challenge?page=1#posts-7083208

denise
  • AmyMW7
    AmyMW7 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    thanks!! i think it worked! here is my before and after:

2012-01-12_12-33-46_520-1-1-1.jpg

The left is me at 225, the right is me at 150!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    dajndae: Wonderful picture and you look great!!

Keep up the good work.

Congratulations everyone this week!!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations on your success!

• rainas25
    rainas25 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! Sorry I haven't been very active on here, I'll try to work on that. This challenge has really helped me stick with it and be accountable and I really appreciate that. Ever think about making this a group? Or maybe if we do another challenge after this one...seems like it would be easier to stay up on the posts.

dajndae -Thanks for sharing your story and pics! You look fantastic!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options

it's way worth it!

-Amy

i saw the pics you look GREAT.....thanks for the encouragement......
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options

Awesome transformation and such a heart felt story!!
  • mrsgstone
    mrsgstone Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    dajndae- Love your story! You look so good. Hope I have a before/after story such as yours someday soon! Thanks for sharing.

rainas25- I totally agree! I have been thinking about when the next challenge will be so that I can lose the rest of the weight! This group/challenge has been a great motivator and also helps you be constantly reminded on how far you have come.

KC- Thanks for your comments! Also, I really hope you are planning on doing another challenge! You are a wonderful host and always have everything organized and ready in a timely manner. :0)
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I am ready to shake up March. Weight is 145 SOrry I've been missing the weigh in. Life had me a bit overwhelmed
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    good morning all,

my move is completed(until the 9, when we move into our new place)so starting today i am back to logging EVERYTHING i eat and my goal is to stay within my calorie range, today i still have to meet the realtor and tenants and ran some errands so exercise will have to wait until tomorrow......i have missed my workouts so much, and my healthy eating as well....have a great day all ....:flowerforyou:
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Love this challenge and reading your posts. I agree that I think this challenge has helped me stick with my plan when I get discouraged.
    Thank you to Kristin for doing a wonderful job transferring all our numbers to that great chart!! Even when I have a rough week, I love looking at the chart...gets me motivated for the next weigh in.
    Amy...great transformation. When I read the transformation stories or see the pictures, I get encouraged....and that can be just what it takes to keep me going on some days. So thank you!!

This week was a good lesson for me. On Monday, I weighed in here with a low weigh and I was happy. I have been on cycle 1 of the 17 Day diet and followed it strictly...and felt good ( this is my third round of this plan) On Tuesday (my weigh in night for a group I belong to here at home in real life), my weight was up by about 3lbs..... I had a sore throat and fever.... Just a reminder that the number on the scale doesn't always measure our progress. Yesterday, I was running around doing errands and saw a pair of jeans that were a great price. I was able to take off my size 18 jeans and put on a new pair of jeans --size 14...that felt great!! So there are a lot of ways to measure our progress.....and today on the scale I am back to my low!!

Thanks again for all your help. I love this challenge and would like to be in on another challenge when this one is over.....