peanut butter- yay or nay ?

Options

Replies

• berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I am a sweet-a-holic. I gave up candy, try to eat less cakes, cookies, cupcakes (I am also an avid baker) There is no way in HELL I will give up my JIF. NEVER. I will eat it and all of it's "badness" with an apple everyday. It makes life good.
  • Lilith8984
    Lilith8984 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of peanut butter with apples. But I have to be in the mood for it..
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I am an addict!!
  • DivaDiane
    Options
    LOVE Naturally More Peanut Butter. Available at Walmart, currently $3.26 for 16 oz. jar

Ingredients: dry roasted peanut, flax seed, wheat germ, sugar, honey, egg white
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Forget moderation. As my friend Cory would say, "grab a spoon and dig in." Love peanut butter (the natural kind without the hydrogenated oils). My day just isn't the same without some of that nutty goodness. Peanuts are a great source of good fat and protein. Sure it might be a little high cal, but I see so many people complaining about not being able to eat 1,200 calories that I think they would be better off with more peanut butter in their lives. Amen.

PS. My brand of poison is the Adam's All Natural Peanut butter.

http://www.adamspeanutbutter.com/
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Forget moderation. As my friend Cory would say, "grab a spoon and dig in."
    Can I just say how much I adore that I got referenced in an answer to a thread I haven't posted in yet? :heart:

Step one: Grab a spoon.
    Step two: Open peanut butter.
    Step three: Scoop peanut butter out with a spoon.
    Step four: Insert spoon in mouth.
    Step five: Enjoy a mouth full of heaven.

ETA (by request) Step six: Make eye contact with someone
  • Madiantin
    Madiantin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Smucker's all natural is amazing! I have been totally spoiled by it though - can't eat any other pb now.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Pretty excited that I get to be the first to say it: Better N' Peanut Butter! I get it at Trader Joe's. It's soo tasty and the calories are half that of peanut butter. I love the soft, creamy texture, too. Luscious.

2 tbsp=100 cals
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter every single day.

And I usually eat it with some dark chocolate. Every day.

Have you tried dark chocolate peanut butter? Sooo gooood.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter is one of the most disgusting things in the world to me :\
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    :heart: YAY:heart:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    YESSSSS!!!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I eat it all the time on fruit or caramel rice cakes. I grind my own at the grocery store and add a little kosher salt when I get home. 1 T = 100 cals, so no reason not to work it into my eating plan. I use powdered peanut flour (same as PB2 but 4 times cheaper) in smoothies and baked goods to save on fat/calories.
  • vabrewer33
    Options
    IF and only IF you measure carefully and control your portions. I forgot this little fact and just eye balled peanut butter. After 1 week I had gained 6 lbs...very very bad! But with control it is good source of protein and fat (yes, the good fat that everyone needs a little of in their diet).
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Yay. But then again, I dont deny anything thats natural. Everything is awesome for you in moderation and portion controlled
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Oh....yaaaaaayyy.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter is one of the most disgusting things in the world to me :\
    Are you sure you're human?
  • jdavison91
    Options
    PB2. Great low calorie substitute, can make a paste with it, or put it in shakes.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Yay. And I go for the natural kind. Just ground peanuts. No sugar, no added oils.
    How do you use that stuff? Do you have to mix it up every time you use it? What happens if you dump the oil out

When you buy a big jar it does separate and you just mix it back in. I just buy a small amount at a time now (I grind it at the store so I can buy whatever amount I want). If you dump the oil out instead of mixing it back in you are just left with a hard lump of peanut stuff.
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I hate peanut butter!!!