What was ur first job :-?

Options

Replies

• bigdaddybry
    bigdaddybry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    to busy for a job during high school, 2 days after graduation i beacame a garbage man
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    baby sitter
    first official job waitress at 14 at fast food place
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I did babysitting jobs from about age 12 or 13, but my first 'real' job was working at Dairy Queen making ice cream cakes.
  • jireh4me
    Options
    Working the Drive Thru window at Hartz Chicken. Ooh La La!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    dairy queen for 3 years, became a manager, left for college. now i work at barnes and noble and the starbucks inside it
  • oldsoul918
    oldsoul918 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I worked at an Agriculture Research Station and cross-bred different types of wheat to come up with heartier varieties. We did that during spring break. I worked there during the summers too and that's when we havested the plots of wheat (and some barley) so they could test it. Pretty interesting stuff, really.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    cabana girl at a private beach club.

sun poisoning summer.
  • megob180
    Options
    Working on a farm, literally getting up at three in the morning to pick strawberries and then work until three in the afternoon did not work for me when I was sixteen
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    A summer work study program for the county communications system. :)
  • SarahE1092
    Options
    My First job was a professional pooper scooper. I worked in the Kennels at a vet clinic near my house. I washed, fed, walked, and played with dogs and cats. Ew not to mention tons of Ferrets! blah I hate ferrets.
    Worked my way up to Vet assistant and worked there for 3.5 years. good times....

I am now a LVT, and still work with animals, and poop : D
  • moodymarble
    moodymarble Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    First job ever was cutting grass, then went on to dish washing and busing tables at a truck stop, then worked in a little take out joint affectionately known around town as "The Chew n Choke".
  • tmhscp1978
    Options
    Opryland Themepark @ 15!!!!! Man I miss that place.
  • scotslass
    Options
    13 - In the lighting section of a Market Stall place....urgh it was awful lol
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    QA Staff in a American data processing company.
  • scotslass
    Options
    Opryland Themepark @ 15!!!!! Man I miss that place.

Im so jealous that would have been awesome!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Worked at my Dad's camp. Some people think it was easy working for your father. NOT!!!!!!
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    the first days work I did was a one single day vacation job at a women's clothes shop called Next that we have in England.
    the next proper job was at a horrible place called Card Factory.
  • HopeytheHopester
    HopeytheHopester Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    12, babysitting...:)
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    McDonalds.

I was 15, wanted to make money, so i applied to McDonalds and a million other places.
    Got the job, forged my parents consent on the form since i wasnt 18 yet.

Great time, simultaneously miserable, tho fun.

btw, never eat @ McDonalds, jesus, dont. Believe me. Dont. EVER.

trapping pocket gophers, i was paid $1.00 each for the front paws, had to have both of them, because they could still dig with one. and milking cows but my dad said the pay was for my room and food.
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My first job was at Hardee's which is a fast food burger place I like to call arteries because it is so fattening, I was 16 years old and it was the first job I applied for and got it so I thought getting a job was not all that hard like everyone said. I got every job the first try till I was about 24 but now everyone expects you to have all kinds of degrees!