What was ur first job :-?

Options

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I was a server at the most awful breakfast place. I had evil bosses. Worst first job ever :(
    But then... I found Baskin Robbins. It was love.
  • woman1961
    Options
    my first job was working for my granfather mowing lawns 50 yards a week got lots of exercise then i miss him hes been dead since 1987
  • Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    Dairy Queen!

It's what made me gain so much weight in the first place.

It was both the best and worst job ever. Wouldn't recommend it overall.
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    First job was a party hostess at AMF bowling!! Lasted 1 month :D
  • Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    Heehee! So many other people worked at DQ! Small world.
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    My first real job was a bus boy at a place called All the Fixins! It sucked but I need school clothes. It was during the summer and I was 15 years old!
  • zincalloy
    Options
    Fed up with school so just after my 15th birthday I left to work in a newsagents in Victoria. Only lasted about 4 months before moving on.

It felt lovely to have some cash in my pocket.

Never been out of work since and that was 29 years ago.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i babysat before a real job in retail but my job i officially got taxes taken from was
    kb toy works toy store
  • duharvalgt
    Options
    I guess my first real job was working in Waterstones( a bookstore)
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Cutting tobacco. 10$ a day and all the hot water I wanted for FREE!

Good times.
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    when i was 17, about a month after i graduated high school, i got a job working for a subsidiary of Kodak called Qualex, Inc, which ran photo labs in various stores. i started off working in a lab that was in a Target store, and then i was moved to the one in the local BJ's Wholesale Club (people would be traded back and forth as coverage was needed). I was there for a year and 11 months, and i think i would have been there longer if Qualex hadn't gone under and closed or sold all their mini labs. The ones in BJ's stores were all closed, and the ones in Targets were sold to Target and then staffed by their own employees.
    we were notified we'd be out of jobs less than 2 weeks before the lab closed. i had to help de-install it, which was really depressing. i was there a month short of the two years i would have needed to be there to get a severance package :-/

i loved working in a photolab. i did it a few more times later (including twice as a Target employee in the lab at Target). i really miss it, and wish that it were a more thriving industry. but as it is now, every lab i've ever worked in is gone.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    i was a hostess at a diner when i was 15.

when i got my first real job @ 17... i was an engraver and i loved it.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    my first job was sacking groceries and running the register at a regional grocery store.
  • SkinnyShadow
    SkinnyShadow Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Singing at functions :p
    $25. a song... not bad for a kid!
  • Guajardo73
    Guajardo73 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Drive in movie theater! Amazing job! Free movies but the food got me big!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    "selling" clothes at Wanamaker's - standing around talking to the other employees..I do love fashion though. :smile:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    My first job was actually with my mom. We sampled products through a third party at WalMart. On my own my first job was Arbies... that lasted approximately one month.

I absolutely love the job I have currently. Working in a computer lab on campus. Glad to never have to work dead end jobs again. School is awesome! :bigsmile:
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Burger King. Nothing like dead end jobs to motivate a person to go back to school.
  • Melyssaks
    Melyssaks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Substitute teaching. Starting with what I love :)
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    I was working in the electronics dept at target...i got to talk about music, movies and video games most of the day. Looking back i still cant believe i was happy making $7.75/hr