5'5 Women

124»

Replies

• It greatly depends on your personal build. I am 5'5" exactly and I could never get down to 120. I don't have a big or super muscular build, I do have an hourglass figure and D-cup tata's though. My goal weight is 130, although hovering between 130-138 will be okay with me. I think when you get closer to your goal weight, and as your physical activity increases, the goal starts to revolve more around how you look and feel rather than a number on the scale.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    I'm 5'5" and currently weigh 123.

You are my twin!

We really are twins! Same height, same weight, same age and same number of kiddos (although I have one boy and one girl). :)
  • najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    120 would be nice:)
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    I am 5 foot 5 and my goal is 120. I weighed that before my pregnancy and it was a very fit weight for me. I do have a small frame though. Also I wont stress to much on the number when I get closer because I do want to build strength. Its all how I feel and how my clothes fit. Each person is different.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    At 5'5" I'm busting my butt to reach 140. I'm currently about 147 and have lost 28 pounds so far. I do a lot of cardio training AND strength training because I dance and snowboard heavily. I guess you would say I'm "well-muscled" now. I am thinner now at 147 than I was two years ago at 143 when I only dieted heavily to lose weight. It is still really hard to come to terms with it though. I want to have that model thinness my wide 28 inch hip bones will never allow.
  • Everyone's body shape is different, so for some a certain weight will be to little on them, and to much on another! But for me I think 123-125 lbs is perfect:) don't ask why the odd number lol, I just felt the best there!!
  • Jennifer0878
    Jennifer0878 Posts: 94 Member
    I'm 5'6" and currently weigh 113.6 lb. It might sound small, but it's really not. I'd love to be 105-110, although I'll take strong over skinny any day! :smile:
  • I am 5'5 and 114, and heck, I could use some toning. But I am happy at my weight.
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    I am 5'5 and aiming for 120 as well... I haven't weighed myself for a while, but I am about 125ish right now! just 5 more lbs!!

Whoop whoop good for you almost at your goal!!!! I cant wait for that day :)
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    I am just under 5'6" and my goal is 136. I got down to 146 ten years ago and still could've lost another 10 pounds, so that's what I'm basing it on. I honestly don't know if 136 is too low to maintain, though, because I have a lot of muscle mass and huge boobs. (Sorry to be blunt, but they are enormous. I'm not bragging. It's a pain in the *kitten*...or back, rather. Ha ha.) Anyway, I'm 39 years old and haven't been in the 130s since I was 15 years old, so I'll have to let you know...not really helping answer your question, am I? :) It really depends on your body type...everyone is different.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    I have 123 lbs of non-fat on me right now, so I am aiming for 150. It really depends on your build and body fat %.
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    I am 141 now my first goal weight is 130. I will re-evaluate once I reach it!
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    5' 5.5'' (yes, that last half really counts, hehe) and I currently weight 144 and I'm aiming for 136-138. The reason it isn't lower is because I desperately don't want to make my boobs any smaller than they already are. :( Also, huge hips and a giant bum run in my family.

I just want to look good and non-squished in size 6 US jeans. I've never been there - I went straight from a 2-4 in early high school to a large 8.
  • It definitely depends on body type and age. 120 lbs. does not look the same on a 20 year old as it does a 40 year old.
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    130 or 140... im 155 now, as long as my lower pear looks good and my face/upper body aren't skeletal im good!
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    i'm just under 5'6" & i'm 114 (start at 110 when i joined mfp) trying to get to 120 (i have a small frame)
  • Hi ladies!! Fellow 5'5"er here :)

At my heaviest I was 183 and wearing a size 14 and my lightest post-pregnancy weight was 155 (we won't talk about the 130 lbs I was pre-pregnancy LOL!). I am currently sitting around 163 and wearing a 8 or 10, depending on the brand and material.

I gain and carry most of my weight in my belly and I HATE it! I have a beautiful hourglass shape if I could just get my flat stomach back! Since I got back on track I have notice my saddle bags shrinking, which is nice because genetics tell me they will only get bigger with time if I don't do something about them, but come on belly! SHRINK!

OH! My goal is to get back down to 130 me, but I will be satisifed at a tone, sculpted, healthy 140 :)