Water....How do you get your daily allowance in?

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Out of a reverse osmosis machine. When the decline of civilization happens and life as we know it is over, I will be able to cycle my own urine through a machine to make drinkable water and the rest of you will wish you were cool like me.

HaHa!....Wait, is it solar powered? :laugh:
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I want the added flavor I add the crystal light packets to my water. I think its 10 calories for 16 oz.

I use the packets as well. The lemon & peach tea are really good, and when it starts getting hot, I love the raspberry lemonade flavor. They are about $2.50-$3.00 for 10 in a box & there's plenty of flavor variety so you're not drinking the same thing all the time.
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I put chilli in my food!

ha...clever!
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of herbal teas. And a few days ago a started using an app on my android phone called "water your body" to help me keep track of how much i drink and when i need to drink as i tend to forget a lot. I used to get loads of dehydration headaches due to that
  • rachelwesson
    Options
    I drink water and sometimes Green Tea. That's it. I used to hate water. Now I drink over 100 ounces a day
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Ususally drin a few 1st thing when I wake up before exercising. I drink 2 right after exercising. Then I drink 2 more before taking the kids to school. I'm a coffee drinker so I try to drink plenty of water to flush out my coffee. I drink water with my lunch, and supper. Then I try to dring 2 glasses before going to bed. I also use big water bottles. My bottle will hole 50.7 ounces which is roughly 6 glasses. My exercise bottle is just a 16.9 ounce. So I drink 2 of the 50.7 a day then 3 of the 16.9. Lets just say i go to the bathroom a lot!!! But just to share a little info, My 86 year old grandma just drinks water. She sill gets around, mows her own grass, is very active is hardly ever sick, and does not take a lot of medicine. She still exercises daily and has very clear clean complexion. She does not have wrinkles. Just saying there are soooo many benefits to drinking water!!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Just do it! You'll be amazed at how quickly you get used to it! I feel so much better drinking water, and now when I try to drink something with sugar or artificial sweetener in it, it makes me feel *blech* afterward.
    Like others have said, I got a water filter and a good water bottle that I keep within reach. My water bottle is 25oz so I only have to keep up with filling it 3xday, and it's the perfect size to slip down into my purse or a cup holder. And since I'm a big ol' kid, I got one with a picture of Bruce Lee on it (got a Star Trek one for hubby and Cookie Monster for my daughter). That makes it more fun.
  • jsyersiii
    jsyersiii Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I keep a 32 oz. bottle on my desk at work, and carry a 24 oz. bottle around with me at home. If I'm mindful, I'll sip constantly. If I'm forgetful, I'll chug 6 - 8 ounces whenever I remember. It was hard at first, but once I started doing it, I saw that my body really craved the water. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and the first thing I do is drink. For me, water at room temperature works best. I have to take small sips of cold water.

Hey, has anybody else noticed that your salt intake increased after your water intake increased? Nothing seems to taste salty when I'm really slamming the water, and my guess is the body is doing that on purpose to get me to increase the salt.
  • ZebraGlee78
    ZebraGlee78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I think of drinking as drinking preventative medicine. I honestly believe (and don't know the scientific evidence to back this up) that part of the reason I rarely got sick (in the past 10 years, I got sick once, in 2009, for one day), is because I drink water. I am not perfect about constantly drinking it, but generally I'll just drink 20 gulps and then when I have to go to the bathroom, I'll drink 20 more. That's how I got through Basic Military Training without dehydrating.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I drink ocean spray on-the-go sugar free cran-limeade, cran-peach, or cran-pomegranate mix. I spoke with my dietician and she said it was better to use the mix than not to drink it at all, AND she said that you can count Green tea as water but if you do sodas or beer you can only count about 66-75% of the volume because of the diuretic effect.
  • mitchipooo
    mitchipooo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It's all about the lemon, when I get to work first thing I do is make a coffee and put half a lemon in a big glass of water. I keep refilling it throughout the day, usually managing to drink five or six cups at work. I don't count my coffee/tea/juice, only good old H2O.
  • pammye65
    pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I drink strawberry powerade zero and love it. When Im done with the 32 ounce bottle i clean it out fill it with water and let it set in the fridge until the next morning. I drink 2 to 3 of the 32 ounce bottles while im working out. Yep thats 16 to 24 cups of water i drink in an hour. I go to the bathroom alot but its so worth it and i feel great. Also the add in flavors can be counted they are just flavor.
    Iove Powerade!
  • pammye65
    pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of herbal teas. And a few days ago a started using an app on my android phone called "water your body" to help me keep track of how much i drink and when i need to drink as i tend to forget a lot. I used to get loads of dehydration headaches due to that
    great idea..im going to download it
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I really do not like water, but i know it is good for you and vital for weight loss. But I was wondering...does anyone use the flavor additives, count their tea or coffee as water, or is it best to just drink PLAIN water.....i cant see where it really matters as long as its water. I mean coffee is made with water, tea is made with water......Thanks!
    Could you, or anyone, please substantiate the statement "water…is vital for weight loss."

Easier yet, could anyone cite a link that even explains the role of water in weight loss. I know that it makes your stomach full but, other than that, what's the story?

I'd love to get a response to this because the information that I have shows that there's no need to drink extra water. Can someone help me understand why water is so important?
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    just drink it!
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I don't like water either so I use Crystal light, but it's very diluted. I just need a little flavor.
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I just drink plain water. I have a nalgene bottle that I constantly re-fill from my work's purified water dispenser. When its done, I re-fill it.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Ummmm coffee does not count. Some teas may count. Best just to drink plain water in my view. You get it in by working out hard so you are thirsty and desire it. Fill up a large container or water bottle which makes it easier to remember and do each day.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    As I've posted before, you do not have to drink just water. As my kidney doctor told me, anything that will turn to liquid, such as jello, ice cream, pudding, counts as liquid. The only liquid that doesn't count are caffeinated drinks and alcohol, as they are considered diuretics.
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I put it in my mouth and swallow

That's what she said

omg I don't swing this way but NOW I :heart: u...:love:

You can't pss up a good "that's what she said" moment. :happy: :heart:

Can we talk?? LOL