appetite suppresant

Options
Help! does any know of any reasonable SUPPLEMENTS to help with appetite....geez...i need some control

Replies

• yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Hot black coffee or hot tea.

Or Adipex.

I'd go with the coffee/tea option.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Add Chia seed to your diet. You can eat them straight or in water, or you can mix them into another food you might eat. They absorb fluid and fill your belly for hours but are rich in nutrients.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Exercise. It's free. There are side effects, though. Lower depression, less anxiety, cardiovascular health, weight loss.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Water.
  • NYirish75
    Options
    Yes, water. I makes such a HUGE difference in weight loss for me.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Exercise. It's free. There are side effects, though. Lower depression, less anxiety, cardiovascular health, weight loss.
    this
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Agree with the water and excersizing. Try to eat smaller portions throughout the entire day with tons of veggies and higher proteins to keep you full longer. I'm on 1300 calories a day and am constantly eating all day long. It's doable without having to resort to taking pills, etc.
  • ladyt314
    ladyt314 Posts: 28
    Options
    oh really great idea...how much are they?
  • Quasita
    Options
    I just wanted to clarify that I do support using exercise and water but seeing as the OP was asking for supplements, I assumed that they already knew those... LOL Chia seed is really good for you so it's a good addition to any diet, I mix them into my tuna and it's FAB.
  • lindawayne11
    lindawayne11 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Water and add some lemon slices. It works. Also, green tea...I've learned to drink it without adding sugar and it's pretty good. Plus I feel full afterwards.
    Other hints, I chew sugarfree gum sometimes when I just want to snack on something and I'm not really hungry. This helps.And if its nice out, I take a walk or go to the mall or something. Anything to keep my mind of snacking. All this works great.
  • rowyourboat
    rowyourboat Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Agree with the water and excersizing. Try to eat smaller portions throughout the entire day with tons of veggies and higher proteins to keep you full longer. I'm on 1300 calories a day and am constantly eating all day long. It's doable without having to resort to taking pills, etc.

I agree. The more water, fruit, and veggies I eat, the fuller I am. Also, eating sweets and foods with a lot of sodium open up my "I'm hungry, I need more" gates.
  • Quasita
    Options
    oh really great idea...how much are they?

I assume this is about the seeds. My local store has a 30 serving bag for around 15 bucks but you can buy them online for cheaper. I just got them locally because I didn't want to go through the hassle of ordering without knowing if I liked it! ;)
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Really, really, super hot coffee... Drink it as fast as you can.
  • spazwgeo
    spazwgeo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with using suppressants unless you plan on taking them forever. I try to eat a lot of protein throughout the day it really helps to curve my hunger and cravings.
  • loreenkoby
    Options
    I just bought chia seeds at the health food store! I was also thinking about saffron supplement, Dr. Oz says it's a natural suppressant
  • Roxey7
    Roxey7 Posts: 10
    Options
    I buy my Chia at www.nuts.com - much cheaper and very quick delivery...I put them in my yogurt and green shakes
  • ladyt314
    Options
    Okay ive been back on track for about a week now but my problem is that i can go for about a month straight before i go on a binge and can no longer control my foods or appetite and it throws me off track TOTALLY! so this time around im trying to avoid that ...I am now excercising and drinking plenty of water but thats not doing it
  • Partyofpugs
    Partyofpugs Posts: 105
    Options
    I eat protein with every meal. I also have some carbs. The higher protein/higher fiber combination holds me the best. If you think you are really hungry, open a can of green beans and eat them. If you don't want those, then you have hunger from stress/boredom/emotions. Get out, move. Then 30 minutes later check in with your hunger. Good luck!
  • nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    caffeine is an appetite suppressant, and can help you push harder in your workouts if you have some about 20 minutes before you work out.
  • ladyt314
    Options
    oh really... have you tried the dr. oz diet?