What size do you want to be?

Options

Replies

• mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I am really confused with sizes. Wouldn't a US size 2, equivalent to a UK size 4 be bordering on anorexic?
    I would love to be a UK size 10 waist down (think I am already there upwards) but I am very hippy so don't think that will ever happen.

Size has nothing to do with an eating disorder. A person can be anorexic and not a size 00, 0, or 2. They can be bigger, in fact. There are bodies of all shapes and sizes, and if someone can get to that size in a healthy manner and maintain it, it means they're healthy, not suffering from an ED. :)

What would be the body measurements of a 00?

It really depends on a person's frame. I have a coworker who is so slim she has trouble fitting into anything but kids clothes and 00 if a brand carries it. She just happens to be tiny (frame) and somewhat thin. Not anorexic at all.
  • haha My baby boy is a size 00!! US sizes are so strange lol (my opinion!)

I want to get to an australian size 12 maybe even a 8-10 - depends how much more i need to lose once I get into the 12's (My butt is already fitting into 14 pants and I've only lost 10 of my 30kg!)

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!
  • KristinLeAnn252
    KristinLeAnn252 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine says she can fit into some 00s and she's 5'0 like I am. Not sure on exact body measurements but since a size 0 is about a 24" waist and 34" hips, I assume a 00 would be about 23" waist and 33" hips.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I'm currently about an 8, give or take depending on the store and brand. I would LOVE to get to a 2!

I am really confused with sizes. Wouldn't a US size 2, equivalent to a UK size 4 be bordering on anorexic?
    I would love to be a UK size 10 waist down (think I am already there upwards) but I am very hippy so don't think that will ever happen.

uh no. Just because you are a certain size does not mean you struggle with a mental disease like anorexia. You know some people have small frames right? I am a US size 4 now.
  • emfilomena
    emfilomena Posts: 120
    Options

Size has nothing to do with an eating disorder. A person can be anorexic and not a size 00, 0, or 2. They can be bigger, in fact. There are bodies of all shapes and sizes, and if someone can get to that size in a healthy manner and maintain it, it means they're healthy, not suffering from an ED. :)

What would be the body measurements of a 00?

Not exactly sure, but even if a person is small enough to fit into a size 00, doesn't mean they have a mental illness such as anorexia. Characterizing being very petite as "bordering on anorexic" is highly offensive to both those who have anorexia, or another ED, and the person who is wearing a size 00. It's like calling someone who is overweight "fat", which isn't right either. Might want to watch your wording there.
  • summayyah29
    Options
    Hello everyone my gosling is to aleast get down to 6-8
  • RainAndPain
    Options
    115 pounds, size 2.
    I know I'll never get there. My butt is too big for a size 2 LOL. But... I guess I'd wanna be 120-125 size 4.
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind being the size I was in high school, which was a 12. I'm sure if I actually worked ridiculously hard (like beyond what I'm already doing) that I could get to a single digit number. I don't ever remember being a single digit though so I don't know what that would be/look like for me.

But I started this year out as a 5'5" 29 year old woman weighing 303 pounds in a size 24. I'm now at 278.8 and fluctuating between a 22 and 24 depending on the cut of the jeans apparently.
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    I am currently a 4, with some 2's I can wear. I used to be a 0-2. I would be happy with a consistent 2. But am learning to accept myself at a 4.

Lucy :)
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    well im a 4/5 jeans a M/L in tops so id love to be a 2/3 and small in tops i was that this summer but somehow quite a few lbs have crept back on like 15 and im only 5 ft 3 so that is a big dif.
  • christschild2
    christschild2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    LADIES? Have you noticed that there are only a couple of men who responded to this post? Do you know why? Men are not concerned about their size as long as they are comfortable. We are the only ones who want to put a number on our size. That's because every magazine that is geared to women tells them that there is something wrong with them. It could be physical, mental or superficial, they will tell that something is wrong with you. Would you believe that Weight Watchers told me that I could be a lifetime member unless I could keep my weight at 142lbs and I'm 5'8" tall? Would you also believe that at 155lbs, my measurements were 36-24-34 and I was told that I needed to lose weight to joined the service, albeit a couple of pounds? Would you believe that I even thought that I was fat because of what these people said to me? I'm done with the numbers. If I fit my clothes and look good to me then that is all that matters. I WANT TO FEEL COMFORTABLE TOO!!! That is not for men only.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Aiming for around a 27-28" waist - I guess that'd be around a 6 or 8? Sizing is so inconsistent these days that I'd rather just focus on my body measurements and see what size that correlates to in the store.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    LADIES? Have you noticed that there are only a couple of men who responded to this post? Do you know why? Men are not concerned about their size as long as they are comfortable. We are the only ones who want to put a number on our size. That's because every magazine that is geared to women tells them that there is something wrong with them. It could be physical, mental or superficial, they will tell that something is wrong with you. Would you believe that Weight Watchers told me that I could be a lifetime member unless I could keep my weight at 142lbs and I'm 5'8" tall? Would you also believe that at 155lbs, my measurements were 36-24-34 and I was told that I needed to lose weight to joined the service, albeit a couple of pounds? Would you believe that I even thought that I was fat because of what these people said to me? I'm done with the numbers. If I fit my clothes and look good to me then that is all that matters. I WANT TO FEEL COMFORTABLE TOO!!! That is not for men only.

I'm 5f1" tall and according to my doctor and the height/weight chart, I supposed to be 101 pounds. My doctor wants me to get down to that weight. I've told him that I wasn't doing that. The biggest I ever was, before gaining weight was 125 pounds. It took me four years to gain 20 pounds, raising my weight up to 145. Of course, I have gained more as the years went by. I will never get down to 101 pounds. I don't want to be 125 pounds or even 145 pounds. I don't want to wear a size 7 or smaller. I have a body fat percentage goal that I'm aiming and I could be wrong, but I think it will land me at a size 10. If the size is a 12, I'll be happy with that number. It the number is a size 8. I'll be happy with that number, but I don't want to go lower than that.

I will be happy with my high scale weight number. I will forever be classified as being overweight/obese on the bmi chart, which I don't care. I'm concern with what matters most to me and that's my body fat percentage. I'm aiming to lose pounds of fat and not scale weight. There's a difference between scale weight loss and fat loss. They aren't the same thing. I'm on the slow road and I love it. It's going to take me a year or so to reach my goal and I'm okay with that.
  • DominiqueSJay
    DominiqueSJay Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    size fit and sexy!!
  • linzirussell
    linzirussell Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    im 5'10 and a UK size 12. i wana get down to a size 10 tho! not sure if ill get there cos ive got wide shoulders but ill keep trying! aiming to lose another 18 pounds:)
  • alesiakristi
    Options
    I am between 12/14 now, 14's are too big but 12's are snug. I will be happy when my 12's fit comfortably again and if I can make it to a 10 that would be great. I haven't been a 10 since college 8 years ago.
  • fruitsalad15
    fruitsalad15 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I officially said like a 12-14 but really I want to be like an 8, I just don't want people to think I'm stupid for thinking I could go from 24 to 8.

No one will think you're stupid! If you have the motivation, GO FOR IT!

COMPLETELY Agree!!! you can do anything you want and people who think its stupid can do one!!! :-)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

I dont think women can say what or how men think of themselves. Their sizes do have numbers, they just happen to be the same number as their measurements. There are so many men on this site alone who are watching that waistband size or measuring their blossoming biceps. Its just that their sizes aren't as crazy as ours. Either you have a 32 inch waist, or a 40 inch waist - It doesn't change from brand to brand or cut like ours. (well some of their jean cuts- may be a different size for them- hello man-skinnyjeans). I think if guy sizes were more similar to ours they might be in here more often. I know Ive seen tons of guys here get really pumped about moving from an XXXL to an XL :D
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    The right one for me, whatever that turns out to be.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

I'm 5f1" tall and according to my doctor and the height/weight chart, I supposed to be 101 pounds. My doctor wants me to get down to that weight. I've told him that I wasn't doing that. The biggest I ever was, before gaining weight was 125 pounds. It took me four years to gain 20 pounds, raising my weight up to 145. Of course, I have gained more as the years went by. I will never get down to 101 pounds. I don't want to be 125 pounds or even 145 pounds. I don't want to wear a size 7 or smaller. I have a body fat percentage goal that I'm aiming and I could be wrong, but I think it will land me at a size 10. If the size is a 12, I'll be happy with that number. It the number is a size 8. I'll be happy with that number, but I don't want to go lower than that.

I will be happy with my high scale weight number. I will forever be classified as being overweight/obese on the bmi chart, which I don't care. I'm concern with what matters most to me and that's my body fat percentage. I'm aiming to lose pounds of fat and not scale weight. There's a difference between scale weight loss and fat loss. They aren't the same thing. I'm on the slow road and I love it. It's going to take me a year or so to reach my goal and I'm okay with that.

Whats your body fat % goal?