Friends Who Actually Comment!

Options

Replies

• nmitch1689
    nmitch1689 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have only a few MFP friends who comment on my posts. I was struggling for the past few days because of a plumbing problem that left me with 5 holes in my living room and half the carpet taken out. I posted yesterday that I was beginning to stress eat and thanked my MFP friends for their support. Out of my 28 friends, I only got posts from 3 friends.

As much as time permits, I try to comments on all my friends posts every day. I need some friends who will do the same for me. I've been doing this for a little over 5 months and love MFP!
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have only a few MFP friends who comment on my posts. I was struggling for the past few days because of a plumbing problem that left me with 5 holes in my living room and half the carpet taken out. I posted yesterday that I was beginning to stress eat and thanked my MFP friends for their support. Out of my 28 friends, I only got posts from 3 friends.

As much as time permits, I try to comments on all my friends posts every day. I need some friends who will do the same for me. I've been doing this for a little over 5 months and love MFP!

You're an awesome MFP friend and I'm SUPER happy to have you as one of mine! How's the plumbing issue progressing??

Jennifer
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Lol, I have 45 friends and spend like an hour a day just cheering them all on.

Me too and then once a month I get soft and add more friends and then begin feeling overwhelmed - it's a vicisious but lovely circle. I only ADD Friends if #1 they let me know why they want to be added, #2 they are fitness focused and don't use this board for anything but fitness, #3 they have a profile picture and have completed their profiles (users who have neither of these don't engender my trust or deserve my daily time).

I am totally in this same cycle. My list is always bigger than I think I can handle while keeping things personal and meaningful. Still, I find it hard to refuse a knock on the door from a new person wanting to be friends.

I am starting to wonder about the people who 'friend' me, and never say a blessed thing to me. Why do they bother? I enjoy getting to know people here, beyond looking at their logging entries. If when I look at my friend list, and see faces there that I know nothing about, I feel no guilt in deleting them. I used to, but not anymore. I really want to focus on people who make an effort to talk to me in some form at least once a week. I understand that 'life happens,' but I actively try to make MFP accountability and sociability a part of my life, and expect no less from my friends here.
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options

yikes! thats no fun!! Hope you were able to get that taken care of!! :( Feel free to add me for some support. :)
  • jqf2
    jqf2 Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm having the same issue and also looking for support! I'll add you.
  • kathybro75
    kathybro75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have friends who comment on almost every post. i find this very encouraging and always try to motivate them in return. feel free to add me if you need more motivators:drinker:
  • FedUpWithFlab
    Options
    I'm new just started and am looking for some support and in return I'll give the same ^^
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i TRY TO COMMENT ON FRIENDS POST AND REVIEW DIARIES. THE PAST COUPLE OF WEEKS i HAV NOT COMMENTED MUCH AND FEEL BAD, BUT HAVE HAD FAMILY ISUES AND BEN A LITTLE UNDER THE WEATHER.

I welcome both the good and bad critizism. I feel it helps me and makes for less research to find what improvements to make.

If i feel I get no support from someone, i drop them.
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I intend to keep my friends limited because I know I don't have the time to comment all the time and I would feel bad if I didn't. I joined MFP mstly because of the way you can log all your in and out calorie needs. the community is nice as well and I enjoy posting here and there, but I don't think I'd want more than 20 friends (sounds bad I know).
  • tiarah83
    tiarah83 Posts: 45
    Options
    I agree. I don't get a lot of comments but I do get some and it makes me happy. I'll add you and comment. It's definitely a great motivator and encouragement is awesome.
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I think I spend more time at work, commenting and writing to my MFP friends then I do actually working.

I'm guilty of this too. shhh...don't tell!! lol :)
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    I love to cheer people on. ADD ME! :0
  • paigea1969
    Options
    Just started on 3-1-12 and feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders ( no pun intended) have done it before and having to do it again is very frustrating...
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I enjoy listen and commenting on my friends. Feel free to add me if you wish.

You are a good commentator :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Lol, I have 45 friends and spend like an hour a day just cheering them all on.

I had to cut my friends list down because I was getting up over 100 and there was no way I could keep up with everyone, because it really does take like an hour to go through 40-50 people. LOL
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I sometimes feel as if I am all alone.

I try to find comments that have little if any responses and try to respond. That feeling of being alone is scary.

Thanks for the post.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I put inspirational quotes on my page every day for my friends and try to encourage and pat them all on the back daily. If its late in the day, I may just put one congratulations on my update to let everyone know that I am thinking of them. I too have many friends that don't even know I exist............:( but...............I have many more that do and they are fabulous!
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    I try my best, but I have 40+ friends so I can miss some updates. I do make an effort, though.

Same here. Not all of my friends comment on all of my updates, and I'm ok with that. I try to especially comment on somebody who I know has been having a rough time lately.

Agree on both ^^^
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I try my best, but I have 40+ friends so I can miss some updates. I do make an effort, though.

^^ This!! I just cleaned up my list to include those that motivate me & those that are serious about needing support & motivation from me. It's difficult to stay on top of everything, but I've been doing my best as of late. You're welcome to add me (include a message) if you fall into this category :smile:
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I actually get a little annoyed with the people who say "wtg!" every time I walk the dogs or bike down the street to work. I'll cheer someone on for a major workout, or for great food choices in their diary, but I don't like meaningless comments.