Replies

• tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    OMG, yum!
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Made these last night. Not great. Would prefer a garlic or wasabi flavor over the vinegar. Just my personal preference (I love wasabi peas!)
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    hmm... BUMP!!! i'll have to try these sometime. I LOVE the texture of roasted chickpeas- never thought of making them salt and vinegar. Thanks for sharing!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing I have to try these!! I can't seem to get the link to work.....can anyone pm me the recipe.....or post it here so I can just see it??

thanks!
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    http://www.doubletroublekitchenedition.blogspot.com/2012/02/salt-and-vinegar-chickpeas.html

still not working? if you're having trouble i'll send you the recipe

wasabi would be really good too!
  • chrissy10taylor
    Options
    bump
  • HeatherFP13
    HeatherFP13 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy! thanks!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the feedback regarding texture! The last attempt I made with chickpea snacks was a crockpot version....and I'm betting roasting/drying them in the oven would make them crisper.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    http://www.doubletroublekitchenedition.blogspot.com/2012/02/salt-and-vinegar-chickpeas.html

still not working? if you're having trouble i'll send you the recipe

For some reason, both in firefox and IE, the page appears then after a second goes blank. Very frustrating. But I was able to view it by saving the page and then opening the local version. For others with the same problem, here's the meat of it:
    Ingredients:

2 cups canned chickpeas
    1-2 cups white vinegar
    1 tsp Coarse sea salt
    2 tsp extra virgin olive oil

Directions:

Line a baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper.

Take chickpeas and vinegar and place in a medium sized pot. Add a dash of sea salt. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Let sit in pot for 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 425F.

Carefully drain chickpeas.

Place on lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sea salt. Massage with fingers until fully coated. Roast for 45 minutes, flipping once half way through

Can't wait to try it. We've got a can of chickpeas at home that I've been wondering what to do with!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Cooked up my first batch of salt and vinegar chickpeas last night. I loved 'em! Nice and crispy with a nutty popcorn-type flavor. I couldn't really taste the vinegar, but perhaps the rice vinegar I used was too mild. I'll try white vinegar next time. (In other words, I'll follow the danged recipe!)
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I made them last night with white wine vinegar and they definitely kept the vinegar taste, but were delicious. Mine burned a bit in 45 minutes, but even then they were so good. Must make again!
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    try curry on them.
  • cs8166
    cs8166 Posts: 6
    Options
    mmm will try!
  • lucasnjewels
    lucasnjewels Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    nice!! so glad you guys had success with this! I can't wait to try some different variations
  • DeborahStanley
    DeborahStanley Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump
  • alicia2601
    alicia2601 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    YES! I found this thread at a good time! I just ordered a sub for lunch and was tempted to get a bag of salt & vinegar chips to go w/ it but I didn't. But now i'm going to try this chickpea recipe and hopefully i'll like them and won't even need the chips anymore. Thanks for posting!!
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    saving this recipe,yum!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Sound delish!
  • Happyhealthyliz90
    Happyhealthyliz90 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bump