eschwab855 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    BMW R1200 GS Adventure 2010 GS 30th anniversary edition
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    whats a motorcycle?
    CBR. 2008?

yup. 08 CBR1000RR... Just ticked over 75,000 miles on her the other night.
    Motorcycles have been my primary transportation for over 5 years.. last 3 years they've been my only transportation right up until 2 months ago when I bought a Jeep.

Wow! A sportbike with 75,000 miles! I've seen many totaled with less than 1000. Some dont make it to 100.

Yes, a literbike at that..... lol.
    My ducati 749 had 87,000 before it was stolen. I wonder if they realized that when they took it.
    previous ducati to that had 92,000...but it was rebuilt with a big bore kit around the 72k mark.

My little HawkGT holds my personal record though. I didnt do all the miles on it, but i did do more then half.... it has over 270,000 miles.

I have more miles on motorcycles then some people will ever drive in cars. lol
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    BTW I still have the HawkGT... it was my first bike, and I never want to get rid of it... It just needs a rebuild, there isnt much compression left in it..lol

Some day I will get back to rebuilding it.. I have a bunch of trick parts for it.. Cams, ported heads with oversize valves, different ignition, SV carbs.. and a bunch of rebuild parts... gaskets, new cam drive, new oil pump, etc.... but I am missing the one piece i need.
    I need a billet crank. If I put all the trick stuff on without changing the crank, it will just grenade themselves... problem is, you cant find one.... and even if you do, they were worth about 3,000 dollars... now they're worth more since they dont make them anymore.
  • jbosey
    jbosey Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I wish I had kept my first one...I dont even remember selling it! I think I sold it when I was 16 so I could buy a car.
  • rogermedic71
    rogermedic71 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I ride. I have an 06 Heritage Softail. Trying to not look like the typical fat middle aged guy on a Harley!
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    I ride. I have an 06 Heritage Softail. Trying to not look like the typical fat middle aged guy on a Harley!

I already know I am going to end up as a stereotype someday.... im going to be that old guy with the Goldwing. lol.

I like goldwings now, but Im not ready to trade in my sportbikes just yet.
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    "OMG, LOOK AT THE SIZE OF MY *kitten*!!" :blushing:
    This made me chuckle. It reminds me of a sticker I saw at a Rally: "Does this bike make my butt look fast?" Hey but good on ya for riding on the Isle of Man. I have seen some of the race videos and WOW is all I can say. Just WOW.
    I have got to remember that!
  • rw4004
    Options
    I literally have been on bikes my whole life-yes baby carrier on back (I know its not legal don't yell at me I was the baby!)I love the Honda Shadow,and Rebel.Nice to meet other bike people.:)
  • rw4004
    Options
    i ride a 2001 Honda Shadow.

shadow600400.jpg
    Love the shadow!
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    LOVE! I ride a Harley Softail Deluxe .... beautiful! First bike was a Honda Shadow ACE and loved her too. SO ready for riding season!
  • suzancarroll
    Options
    I have been on bikes since I was little. There is nothing better. Our bike has over 100,000 miles on it, my husband has had this bike since he bought it new in 1994.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I used to have a 200cc 1982 Vespa.

Does that count?
    :)
  • MrDude_1
    Options

Does that count?

yes. it has gears and a clutch... to me its just as real of a bike.

I used to work in a vintage bike shop that specialized in Vespas.... so I have a bit of a soft spot for them.
  • mnsnowflake
    mnsnowflake Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Been on the back of bikes all my life... got my endorsement and my first bike - 1971 Honda 350 - a couple years ago. I now have a 1980 KZ750 and LOVE IT!! :)
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    got in my first ride of the year today after the storm passed. it's still fairly chilly, but it felt good to be on the bike again.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Does that count?

yes. it has gears and a clutch... to me its just as real of a bike.

I used to work in a vintage bike shop that specialized in Vespas.... so I have a bit of a soft spot for them.

YAY!

I loved my Vespa. Too bad I had to sell it to pay for my tuition. :( booo
  • taylormaryj
    taylormaryj Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sweet My first bike was a Honda Shadow Spirit 750cc. After six months made the switch to a 2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
    i ride a 2001 Honda Shadow.

shadow600400.jpg
    Love the shadow!
  • lexidell46
    lexidell46 Posts: 143
    Options
    I have pictures of me about the age of 2. on a Honda. My first bike was a 69.triumph. then a 1970 Sportster .