SWaT-March Walk with Leslie Sansone workouts

Options

Replies

• floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    so nobody here lost a lot of weight with the Walk at home series?

If your heart rate is up, you're sweating, and you're moving, you're losing. Of course, if you don't eat within your calories, you won't lose.
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Goal 25 mi

walked 1 mi to date

24 mi to go
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'v3 walked 6 miles so far this month. It's going to be rainy the next few days so I don't know if I'll be doing a walking video or walking outside.

As for losing a lot of weight by walking:
    I lost 80 pounds but put 30 back on and am now working on it again. I know it can be done but it takes diet along with exercise. Most authorities believe that weight loss is 80-90% diet and the rest is due to exercise. I just know that I feel better if I walk or do some other workout most days.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone: Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan .... although it has not been released yet (per Amazon) .... it has been spotted at some Target stores already ....Yea!! :bigsmile:

I'm going to stop off after work to check this out.

8 miles so far ..... 52 more to go
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I havn't logged outside walks I didn't think it counted as I do it everyday so thought I'd only log Lesile Sansone as my extra activity
  • MummyDB
    MummyDB Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi. I would like to join you all too. My primary cardio is Leslie Sansone. Most mornings I get the power mile in. At least Monday to Friday. Sometimes that's all there is time for. Hope adding myself to the group will help motivate me to up my amount of fitness. So far this month I have completed 3 miles.

Will give myself a goal of 25 miles to start. So 22 more to go!!!

Been back on MFP about a month after about 8 months Missing in action. :-). Just over 10 lbs lost. Would love to loose another 30 if not 40 lbs.

Feel free to send me a note to add as a friend too. Most of my group doesn't have a clue who Leslie Sansone is.
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Goal: 90 miles

Completed today (3/5) – 4 miles (Leslie Sansone 4 Mile Super Challenge)

Total completed – 18 miles

Left to complete – 72 miles
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Goal: 90 miles

Completed today (3/5) – 4 miles (Leslie Sansone 4 Mile Super Challenge)

Total completed – 18 miles

Left to complete – 72 miles

18 miles in 5 days?!?!?!?! You're a machine, girl!
    I didn't even start yet
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    My goal for March is to walk 100 miles. So far my total for March is 42 miles so I have 58 miles to go. (March 1: I walked 10 miles. March 2: I walked 11 miles. March 3: I walked 11 miles and March 4: I walked 10 miles.)

Wow! You have really taken off! :drinker: You may have to increase your goal next month! :flowerforyou:
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    My goal for this month is to 70 miles.
    For the first 1-5 day
    Logged in 12.1 miles
    Calories burn 2819
    Steps 27514

Jan. I did only 55 miles
    Feb. I did 60 Miles
    March. I will shoot for 70 miles. Wish me well everyone. I love this..
  • Karen_ZH
    Karen_ZH Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I've used Leslie's DVD's for about 4 years. I also have a treadmill that I use when I want to actually watch a program on TV. I usually average between 2 and 3 miles per day, 5 days per week. Last week, I walked just about 18 miles over 7 days! That was the most ever in a week for me.

For March, I'd like to hit 50 miles altogether.

I've been regularly working out since January 2011. For the past 4 months, I am stuck at the same weight/size. About 10 days ago, I decided to log my food every day and got serious about using MFP. I also started using Shaklee's Cinch products. I am hoping this will help nudge me from this plateau.

I am looking to drop 30 pounds by Christmas. I think that is a respectable expectation.
  • ellenrogers
    Options
    Finished my walk for today! 10.75 miles Today!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,257 Member
    Options
    235 / 800 minutes of exercise for March

Volleyball tonight... Tied 2 - 2

Jenny
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    JFGIm5.png
  • mamamea413
    mamamea413 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    March Goal:124 Miles Doing Leslie Sansone 4 Really Big Miles(with firm band & jogging boost) 5 days a week!
    Walked:16 miles (4 miles each on 3/1-3/2-3/3-3/5)
    Miles left=108 to go

Sorry I haven't checked in...been on vaca...still walked 4 miles a day doing dvd . What was really so cool was my husband and I went to Destin FL. we had a great time had great food, did a lot of walking outside. I was so concerned I would blow it..you know overeat and give myself a "good reason" ( VACATION TIME)for not recording my food and all...but I did it every day, some nights dozing while trying to find the food I just ate! I didn't bring my scale( all though I thought about it) when I got home 1 week later and weighed myself at the end of that day! I had LOST! 3 pounds!

Which proves mfp works! portion control smart choices=good time with no guilt after.

Big shout out to newbies: WELCOME!!!
    Thanks also for the encouraging words Luneytoonz

Congrat's on all we made or exceeded their goals!
    Congrat's to all we walked don't be discouraged....you got up and did something!! That's great!!
    We all are looser's ...of pounds inches and stinkin thinkin
  • mamamea413
    mamamea413 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    have any of you lost alot of weight with just mainly doing the Leslie Sansone workouts ? Do you also do other workouts for toning or do you feel Leslie incorporates enough in her workouts ? My stomach area is my awful area and I am worried that i need to be doing something else to help that.

I know this isn't considered a "lot of weight" but I did want to chime in and just say that I've done a lot of different exercise over the years from yoga to Aerobics and crunches for the stomach in particular. I personally have seen a great difference in my tummy just using the 4 Great Big Miles with the firm band(which I love). I started walking again over a year ago lost 7 pounds during the holidays gained back 3 got sick was in the hospital for 3 days after getting back on my feet(no pun intended) around September I've been walking just about 5-6 days a week and have lost 17 pounds total. Joined mfp in Jan. Hope this helps. I'm sure the combination of Cardio/Strength-Training-Firming together is the key. You can always add more but I would make sure I'm keeping a balance of the two/three.
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Goal is 25. Have walked 5 to date.
  • jessica_johnson2011
    jessica_johnson2011 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    March goal: 100 miles

March 1 - 10 miles
    March 4 - 6 miles
    March 5 - 8 miles

76 miles to go!
  • beckaboo79
    beckaboo79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    MArch 1- 1 mile
    March 4- 2 miles
    March 5- 3miles.

6 miles down, 19 more to go!

Goal=25 miles
  • MummyDB
    MummyDB Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Did the Leslie Sansone 4 mile advanced today. Yipee!! It is 100% because of me adding myself to your group that motivated me to fit in a longer work out. It felt SO goog!! So thank you!

Goal for month 25 miles
    7 miles to date.
    18 to go.