Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

When to send relationship request on FB?

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Don't bother sending the request. I give a man in his 30s exactly fourty-two days before he realizes a 22-year-old piece is still a 22-year-old.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Wait, are you looking to make this facebook official as in who your dating or just a request to be friends? If you are just requesting to be friends, I would do it after the next time you go out or if you talk/text alot then you can go ahead and request him as a friend. Im 26 and have been dating older guys since I got divorced and am finding that sometimes theya re more facebooky then I am.
    One side note though, he might have friends that are girls that are just his friends. Do not get clingy and do not get stalkerish. I never really comment on their pages or send messages unless its a pic of us or something that I knew about!!

Gotta love playing "the game" :) Good luck

Thank you! I'm actually not the clingy type in real life (quite the opposite) and do not get jealous of female friends. I just really like this guy, he seems clingy, and he is a great catch so I want to make sure (my oblivious self) isn't doing something insulting without realizing it. I wasn't originally planning on sending a request, but then realized I'm not sure whether most people do or not.

Have my answer either way. Thank you for the kind response. :flowerforyou:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    I don't see a problem with at least adding him as a friend to your facebook and see where is goes from there.....Dont make it FB official right now.
  • jac2lyn
    jac2lyn Posts: 90
    Oh, on another note...
    You said he's in his 30's and you are 22. That is fine, I do not frown upon that at all. Im 26 and was with a 44 yr old and a 39 yr old. However, chances are he is not going to want you to make it facebook official about your relationship, but go ahead and be friends. Like I said in a previous post though. DO NOT GET JEALOUS of his other friends who are girls. Also, if he asked you to go away with him already you might want to think about this relationship. You barely know him!
  • i_love_vinegar
    I disagree with the waiting. I might mention it in a text prior to friending him, but life is too short to "wait and see."

If this guy is so great, why would you not want to let him know that you think so?

Good guys get snapped up fast, and if not you - it will someone else who sees that he is fantastic.

Don't look back later with regrets.

Thank you! I think I will wait awhile anyway, but I appreciate this answer and will apply it to my life in other ways. I know he likes me because he texted me afterward as well, "You are the amazing girl I have been looking for!" and is very similar to my ex (also an "older" man) who basically proposed on the second date.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member

Thank you! I guess the reason I don't want to wait a few months is because I will be out of the country. Then a year later, he will most likely be in my country. After that I will be in my country again as well. ^^

OH! Well why didn't you say that you had to nail down that relationship status now since after the once you've seen each other... you won't be seeing each other for a couple of years.

Makes perfect sense now.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Just don't get caught kissing at recess........ principals everywhere are REALLY cracking down on this now.......
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,339 Member

Thank you! I guess the reason I don't want to wait a few months is because I will be out of the country. Then a year later, he will most likely be in my country. After that I will be in my country again as well. ^^

OH! Well why didn't you say that you had to nail down that relationship status now since after the once you've seen each other... you won't be seeing each other for a couple of years.

Makes perfect sense now.

:love:
  • birdieintx
    birdieintx Posts: 298
    I actually don't use the facebook relationship status thing at all. I don't see the point.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 713 Member
    Whats his facebook addy? Im going to warn him he has a stage 5 clinger on his hands...

Did someone say unicorns?

WAY ahead of you babe :love:

SMH. Some peoples kids.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,079 Member
    Just don't get caught kissing at recess........ principals everywhere are REALLY cracking down on this now.......

Harassment!
  • i_love_vinegar
    Oh, on another note...
    You said he's in his 30's and you are 22. That is fine, I do not frown upon that at all. Im 26 and was with a 44 yr old and a 39 yr old. However, chances are he is not going to want you to make it facebook official about your relationship, but go ahead and be friends. Like I said in a previous post though. DO NOT GET JEALOUS of his other friends who are girls. Also, if he asked you to go away with him already you might want to think about this relationship. You barely know him!

Thank you! It's great to hear from someone who also dates "older" men. Fortunately I'm not the jealous type.

He is one of those people I feel I have known my entire life, so I simply think we felt extremely comfortable from the get-go. I would make sure to have my own room though.

Thank you! I appreciate the input!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,340 Member

Harassment!

I am not joking........ you can wind up in juvie for that now.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    I recall one time not too terribly long ago where you posted about liking 2 guys who were friends and how to figure out which to date and what would happen to all of the friendships, etc... not that that had anything to do with this, but maybe just enjoy time together for now....
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 720 Member

Makes perfect sense now.

:huh:
  • QueenJayJay

Harassment!

I am not joking........ you can wind up in juvie for that now.

I was agreeing. :smile: (remember my job? lol)
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Thank you! It's great to hear from someone who also dates "older" men. Fortunately I'm not the jealous type.

He is one of those people I feel I have known my entire life, so I simply think we felt extremely comfortable from the get-go. I would make sure to have my own room though.

Thank you! I appreciate the input!

Feeling like you've known someone your entire life is not the same as knowing someone for your entire life. It just means that you're projecting a lot of your qualities onto him which may or may not actually be there.

So yes. Separate rooms would probably be a good idea.
  • QueenJayJay

Makes perfect sense now.

:huh:

x2
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Meh. If it feels right I say go ahead and send it. I'm sure he'd agree.
    ETA: Its not often you find someone with you you "click" with right away. Take advantage of the short time you have together now.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    I say send him the "relationship request" and see what happens. :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.