Do you shower at the gym?

Options

Replies

• samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Some days. When I use the ladies locker room there is seldom anyone there and i use the shower stall for wheel chairs so there is lots of room to dress. I don't do that because I am fat i do it because I am very modest .
  • beccci91
    beccci91 Posts: 214
    Options
    hell ya, they have the nice shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Also I'll shave there too cause razors arent cheap and use up the qtips and mouthwash they supply

I would LOVE to know what gym you go to!!! lol

Nope, my gym only has the hand soap kind of dispensers with god knows what in them! and I also like to be able to take the shower head off the wall and properly rinse all the soap off me...
  • redmichelle67
    redmichelle67 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    No way ......I take a shower before I go and one when I get home.........damn I take 2 to 3 a day .... At least I smell good ...Giggles

8136776.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BeckyAnneGreenGables
    Options
    Yup, because I go to work right from the gym. No luxurious anything, I haul all my own stuff in and out, but...I'm more likely to exercise at the start of my day than at the end of my day.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I work out a lunch, so always shower before heading back to work. I'd say my gym has sort of average facilities. I have to supply my own toiletries. But we do have individual shower stalls with frosted doors. I'm at the gym to work out and then get on with the rest of my day. If you don't want to see naked people, you shouldn't be in a gym locker room. Fortunately pretty much everyone there during the middle of the day just seems to be focused on getting their thing done; no creepy lurkers.
  • Tmrice721
    Tmrice721 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yep, I go to work 2 hours early just to workout and take a long shower, it's free so I take full advantage.... so yep I'm that chick riding on the subway with a weekender rolling bag tripping people up on my way to work...lol
  • cotso
    cotso Posts: 86
    Options
    hellz no! I kinda have a rule against being naked around other dudes, I'm weird like that! lol besides I live close to the gym so I shower at home
  • ToBeSmaller
    Options
    No, cause my get cute ritual is entirely too long AND i won't even put my bare feet on the changing room floor. I can't imagine my tootsies touching a shower floor used by others...ewwww...
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    I kind of miss the extras that some gyms provide now that I work out only at the YMCA or at home. But I don't know why I would haul my stuff to the gym for a shower unless I was working out and then rushing to get somewhere.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    On certain days I do. Somedays the only day I can get a workout in is to go at lunchtime. I sweat a LOT,so I do a quick cool shower before redressing and fixing my hair and make-up. However, I live within walking distance of my gym, so when I workout before or after work, I just head home to shower. I suppose in theory I *could* do that during my lunchtime workout, but then I'd feel like I had to take the dog out, and check my messages, get the mail, start a load of laundry.........you get the picture.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    hell ya, they have the nice shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Also I'll shave there too cause razors arent cheap and use up the qtips and mouthwash they supply

I would LOVE to know what gym you go to!!! lol

Nope, my gym only has the hand soap kind of dispensers with god knows what in them! and I also like to be able to take the shower head off the wall and properly rinse all the soap off me...

Lifetime Fitness,
    Free towels, lockers, lotion, qtips, razors, shave cream, mouthwash, body wash , shampoo/conditioner ...

http://clubs.lifetimefitness.com/Benefits/16324/
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    My gym doesnt have a shower. I guess that what you get when your gym is free
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    No way. Never have, never will. Modesty - yes. Body Image Issues - yes. But, mostly, it's just icky. ICKY.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Yes, if it's a lunchtime class and I'm going back to work afterwards. Possibly not if its the evening and I'm heading home afterwards.

The gym has quite nice showers, with shower gel and shampoo, but that's it - no towels or lotion etc.

I dont feel a bit embarrassed about being naked in the changing room area - I dont think anyone's looking at me. And if they are, so what?
  • april92377
    april92377 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Usually no, because like so many others who posted, I only live about 10 minutes from my gym. Plus, because of my crazy additicion to cardio exercising, I'm often not really finished with my workout just because I come home. I also have a home gym and like to wind down from my class, or elliptical workout with a good run on the treadmill in TV that I get to pick the show or DVD, then shower after I'm completely finished.

However, on the days when I swim, then I definiately take a shower there, blow dry and leave clean.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i should shower at the gym, because i want to use the sauna there. i use to love it after a work out. but it means bringing a full change of clothes to the gym. i usually only go to the gym on my days off (i have a weird schedule, so i'll have days off during the week) and my gym is a five minute walk from home. so its easier to skip the sauna and just walk home and shower.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    No, its dirty and disgusting and im not talking about the facilty

No, it's dirty and disgusting and I AM talking about the facility :) Maybe if I had shoes and gloves made of antibiotics...
  • Agefyter
    Agefyter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Oh HELL NO! I've showered there a couple of times after swimming but there shampoo/cream rinse/soap are terrible and I haven't stepped in a shower when there wasn't a couple of long black hairs in the pan. I always wear shower shoes and don't have a problem with being naked (not that it's pretty but that I just don't care), it's just not clean enough for me. YUCK!
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    Never ever, ever. Never. NE-VER.

Seriously, the gym is about 5 minutes from my house, and by showering at home I run no risk of running into my students while either of us is only partially clothed . Bonus! :laugh:
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    My gym is so small it doesn't actually have showers. :')