Irritating NSV....What's Yours?

Options

Replies

• whencynstops
    whencynstops Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I got a new job a few months ago and I went to buy a new suit because part of the job requires proper dress. When I was trying it on the pants were too tight. Everyone kept saying "wouldn't you feel more comfortable in a larger size?" and I said, "no, because I am about to lose weight." Well, I ended up buying the smaller size despite their suggestions.

So, fast forward a few months and I have my first presentation at a conference for 50 business execs from all over the world. I put on my t very nice (and expensive) suit and wouldn't you know it, the damned thing is too big! I spent a few hundred dollars to look good and I ended having to wear a suit that was one full size to large for me.

So, now I have a very nice suit for sale, only been worn once! haha
  • Mrsairforce
    Mrsairforce Posts: 130
    Options
    A year ago we had to get my ring resized UP and now it barely stays on my finger so I don't wear it (don't want to lose it!) We arent going to size it down until we can afford the wedding band to fuse it to.
  • mandie0378
    mandie0378 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have saggy pants too, but don't want to buy new until I am closer to my goal. Or, whenever I accidentally moon someone. lol
  • nwilson1213
    nwilson1213 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Dirty diaper-looking, saggy-butt pants!!! :laugh:

Fortunately, I have an assortment of clothes covering a range of about four sizes smaller than I am now. So glad I held onto them. This isn't my first weight-loss rodeo, but I sure want to make it my last! And on the subject of NSV's, I had a major one this morning when three of my fellow bootcampers complimented me on how strong and fast I have become!
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Suggestion for those with loose wedding bands:
    If you have, or can invest in, a nice fairly simple neck chain, you can slip your wedding ring onto the chain & wear it as a pendant (until you're ready to get the ring re-sized).
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Too thin for my fat pants, (saggy butt, saggy thighs, plumber's crack) too fat for the next size down.
  • grumpy2day
    grumpy2day Posts: 212
    Options
    My tummy feels tighter and I took back a notch on my belt! Added bonus, the pain in my hip and groin during certain movements has lessened considerably since I started running.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    That I almost need to buy new bras. (When you are a 36H it is an expensive proposition)

This - A bra for us girls with bigger ta ta's are very expensive

I agree but I haven't lost any weight around my just yet.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Last week some rude young men/punks were "cat-calling/flirting" with me as I was out for my morning walk. It's was irritating/annoying to the MAXIMUM, and yet--that hasn't happened to me in YEARS AND YEARS!!!!
  • skump425
    skump425 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Dirty diaper-looking, saggy-butt pants!!! :laugh:

SAME HERE!
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    How long does it take from beginning a diet to start seeing these sort of things happening?
  • Jeaniehop
    Jeaniehop Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I ran into my cousin that I haven't seen in months and she barely recognized me she jokingly says "Who do you think you are getting all skinny?" YAY!!!!! Me and skinny in the same sentence! A not so irritating NSV! High fives all around we're kicking fats *kitten* lol.
  • DaddyofMEA
    Options
    Used to I would have to find a place to lean or sit if expected to stay on my feet for a period of time.

After standing around for about an hour I noticed that I was actually standing around for about an hour! Doing some core work and losing a few pounds in the last 6 weeks seem to be paying off!!
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Knowing that the only finger left that my wedding ring will fit on is my thumb! So, I have to decide if i'm going to get it re-sized or have my hubby start shopping.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    my running pants are too loose now so I spend half my run tugging up my pants

:grumble:
  • Jethro1970
    Jethro1970 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cut a new notch (smaller) in my worday belt!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    That I almost need to buy new bras. (When you are a 36H it is an expensive proposition)

This - A bra for us girls with bigger ta ta's are very expensive

I agree but I haven't lost any weight around my just yet.

I finally fit INTO my bras again after losing weight. They were all too small before!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Non Scale Victory....and right now mine is the in-between sizes thing. I just bought pants 2 weeks ago and there are already baggy and sloppy looking but I'm not small enough for the next size down...ugh!!

Congrats on your NSV too :)

This, and from the post below it, the dirty, saggy diaper looking pants thing!
  • rheamanda
    rheamanda Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Jgging two miles and thinking, gosh that went by fast...and I can still breathe!
  • Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have two. Rings -- mine fell off my finger a while ago when I was packing a box. It's a lucky thing I heard it hit the bottom, cause I sure didn't feel it!
    AND Bras! Buying new bras once a month is killing me. I hate if they're too big -can't have the girsl slipping under when I'm running, or whatever... and I need more than one because I need to wash it when I work out. But I'm not one of those itty bitty things (YET) that can just pick up a cheepie at Wallyworld for $5 and carry on... Nooooo, I have to need the ones that are FREAKING expensive!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!