Subway

Options
12346»

Replies

• purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I rarely frequent subway, but when I do, I get a salad because I'm gluten intolerant. So salad with spinach, grilled chicken, tomato, banana peppers, olives, green bell pepper, cucumber, and a little oil and vinegar.
  • todaysanewday
    Options
    I will just copy and paste from "my meals." Here's what I put on my whole wheat 6 inch:

Subway - Banana Peppers, 4 g (about 3 rings) 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Subway - Pickles (3 Chips), 3 chips 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Subway - Black Olives, 3 rings 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Subway - Jalepenos, 4 grams/ 3 rings 2 0 0 0 0 0
    Subway - Tomato (3 Wheels), 34 g 5 2 0 0 0 0
    Subway - Lettuce , 21 g 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Subway - Chipolte Sauce, 1.5 tbsp for 6inch sub 100 1 10 2 0 0
    Subway - Cucumbers (5 Slices), 5 slices 0 1 0 0 0 0
    Subway - 6" Turkey Breast on Wheat (No Cheese)(No Condiments), 6 " Sandwich 280 46 4 1 18 30
    Subway - Green Peppers, 7 g (3 strips) 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Totals: 387 50 14 3 18 30
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Most of the subs are delicious and you can't go wrong with what you pick.

HOWEVER....

the sodium count can be quite high. So if you struggle with lowering your sodium intake (as I do), treat yourself to Subway sparingly.
  • dododo123
    dododo123 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If it is 5 dollar foot long, I always get the steak sandwich. More than calories, I care about the money I spend. If there is no 5 dollar foot long deal, I don't buy from Subway because you can easily pack a turkey and cheese sandwich at home, at a fraction of the price, with actually fresh ingredients and no one touching your food before you even start to order it.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I fruiting HATE Subway! You can make a far healthier and tastier sub/sandwich yourself for way less money. Sorry, just my opinion. However, put a Jimmy Johns in my line of sight and I could care less about nutrition and cost. I love me some JJs. :D

Actually Jimmy Johns isn't all that bad if you're just watching calories. I had a #10 for lunch and a #14 for dinner a Yogurt breakfast a pear for daytime snake and 25 pringles for evening snack and still came in under my calories. I like the bread at JJs, it's like a frecnch breadsub. Hard on the outside but soft and delicous on the inside. Subway bread is for the birds...literally.
  • eatherhey
    eatherhey Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    12"
    BMT
    Plain white/Italian
    Pepperjack cheese
    Lettuce
    Pickles
    Olives
    Banana peppers
    Light oil
    Cut into 1/3s eaten over the course of the day. :D Nom.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Subway. I overdosed on it this summer... but my favorite sandwich is a 6 inch wheat with Turkey, Pepper Jack, Bacon (a little bit won't hurt!) toasted, then Spinach & Green Peppers topped with a little Sweet Onion sauce. Yum, yum, yum!

Or the chicken teriyaki is amazing.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Most of the subs are delicious and you can't go wrong with what you pick.

You can go quite wrong at Subway. If you eat their flatbread it's awful for you, or if you get a footlong. I think it's funny when people get subway and think they're being healthy, then order the Mayo, bacon, ham, and all the other crap they can think of to put on it.
  • jsiler181
    jsiler181 Posts: 81
    Options
    My *favorite* is the 6" chicken bacon ranch on either wheat or flatbread. Shredded cheese, a dab of extra ranch, and black pepper. Sooooo yummy! There was a time when I ate that at least twice a week.

Since that's bad for me (as in need-an-intense-workout-to-offset-the-calories/no-more-eating-for-the-day bad) I usually get a Turkey and Black Forest Ham with black pepper and oregano on wheat. I can't stand veggies on sandwiches (I know-I'm strange) so sometimes I eat it plain or I'll put a smidge of honey mustard on there for some added flavor.

I've been curious about the Sweet Onion Teriyaki for years but haven't gotten up the nerve to try it as I'm not a very adventurous eater. May have to give it a whirl though to break out of my ham and turkey rut.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Last night I had Subway: 6inch turkey breast & ham on honey oat w/pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumbers, banana peppers, pickles and mustard. W/a side of apple slices.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    well, since our mall is down to three food places.. pizza.. chinese (which i found out recently i seem to be allergic to something in their food.. had a really hard time breathing after eating some.. ) and subway. so my only decent choice is subway. i had the flat bread the other day.. really like that.. when i get the regular bread, i end up picking most of it off.. too much bread and i love bread. i like the chicken salad they have in the spring.. although ill get roast beef, or chicken as well. lots of lettuce, spinich, tomatos, green peppers.. NO cheeses.. and very little if any dressing. oh.. usually 6 inch.. but will buy the 12 if on sale and bring half home for lunch the next day.

works for me! yummmy
  • chandrasmith1958
    Options
    honey oat bread has a very nice flavor.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I prefer quiznos-subway bread is full of empty calories and sugar, and the meat is super-processed.
  • carrieebg
    carrieebg Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My combination is:

6in Honey Oat bread
    Roast Beef
    Pepper Jack Cheese .....toasted
    spinach
    tomatoes
    black olives
    green chili or jalapenos
    guacamole
    salt & pepper

I am going to have to try some of the posted combinations here:)
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    5 dollar foot long

Honey oat oven baked chicken (when it is part of the 5 dollar deal)

The works plus banana peppers

Salt and pepper

Either honey mustard or sweet onion sauce

I eat it throughout the day.
  • ellel1234
    ellel1234 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was just there today :) I love the 6 inch tuna on wheat bread (toasted), no cheese or sauce + cucumber, tomato, olive and lettuce. It is about 470 calories but totally fills me up and does not leave me wanting more food. I love it. I know the turkey has fewer calories but I just love the tuna, with turkey I feel like it's too plain and with tuna I don't even feel the need to add any cheese!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I usually get the Chicken Teriyaki on Wheat with only Honey mustard as a topping. Recently I tried something different.. the Buffalo Chicken. It was pretty good as well.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    You can go quite wrong at Subway.

agree.
    If you eat their flatbread it's awful for you,

disagree.

http://www.subway.com/nutrition/NutritionList.aspx?id=breadtop&Countrycode=USA
    I think it's funny when people get subway and think they're being healthy, then order the Mayo, bacon, ham, and all the other crap they can think of to put on it.

i see this almost every time i'm there. while i'm sure some people go there to get high calorie sandwiches, i suspect that many think that everything on the menu is healthy. i have seen people order sandwiches so laden with mayo and southwest sauce that they could have had two big macs for less calories.
  • jragan68
    jragan68 Posts: 22
    Options
    I LOVE subway , and when I started this weight loss I played detective with their menu. The subs on their menu that are best for you are the turkey, turkey and ham, and the subway club (has roastbeef). No cheese is ideal but I HAVE To have cheese I keep my calories low and can afford the calories for the cheese besides calcium is good for you :) . Whole wheat bread, LOADED with all the veggies. Mustard is the best, but I enjoy honey mustard, or low fat mayo with a packet of low fat italian.
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    bump** :)

i'm boring and get 6in white bread with turkey american cheese and light mayo. toasted and a cup of chicken noodle. call it a day. i know i should eat wheat bread..but i just love bread.. i cant take it. thats my goal. nxt time im at subway ill get wheat bread. *sigh*

If you love bread, you should try Bahn Mi Che Cali. They make their subs on buttery French baguettes.