Absorption of fat molecules into fat cells...anyone know?

Options

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Have you ever taken a biology class?

Nope. Do you have an answer?
    Yes. None of this makes any sense. You're wasting your money. That's my final answer.

I think the best thing to do would be to post before and after pics once this has been done. Then all of you can decide for yourselves if I wasted my money. If it doesn't work, of course I have wasted my money, just like I tried to dye my hair with red, but because my hair is so dark, it never shows, so that IS a waste of money.
    And here is where your logic is flawed. It was only a waste of money because you did it wrong. If you'd lightened your hair first, the red would've shown fine. Or maybe it was a simple problem of you should have used a higher volume developer. Either way, of course it didn't work. You did it wrong.

And that's your problem here. You're doing it wrong. People are telling you how to do it right, and you're ignoring the advice andlogic. I do hope you do post pictures when you're done. I'm sure you'll look fantastic. I'm also sure that those results will be due to the diet and exercise.
  • roguex_1979
    roguex_1979 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Have you ever taken a biology class?

Nope. Do you have an answer?
    Yes. None of this makes any sense. You're wasting your money. That's my final answer.

I think the best thing to do would be to post before and after pics once this has been done. Then all of you can decide for yourselves if I wasted my money. If it doesn't work, of course I have wasted my money, just like I tried to dye my hair with red, but because my hair is so dark, it never shows, so that IS a waste of money.
    And here is where your logic is flawed. It was only a waste of money because you did it wrong. If you'd lightened your hair first, the red would've shown fine. Or maybe it was a simple problem of you should have used a higher volume developer. Either way, of course it didn't work. You did it wrong.

And that's your problem here. You're doing it wrong. People are telling you how to do it right, and you're ignoring the advice andlogic. I do hope you do post pictures when you're done. I'm sure you'll look fantastic. I'm also sure that those results will be due to the diet and exercise.

I think people on here have just not read my initial post correctly or got what I've said following:

I have dieted and exercised and lost 30lbs.

No one has given me any advice and logic, they are just giving opinions and not backing it up with science fact. Considering my initial question was FOR THE FACTS I find it ILLOGICAL that everyone is saying I'm doing it wrong or am wasting my money.

And if I lose over 3 weeks (which is how long it will take to have 6 sessions, 2 a week) the expected amount of inches, it will NOT be down to the diet and exercise because it hasn't so far.

It would be a HUGE coincidence if it was down to diet and exercise.
  • CosmicBella
    CosmicBella Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I think you meant to post this question here:

www.myfakefatlossgimmicks.com

Hahahahahahahaha... Win !!!
  • beerbomber
    beerbomber Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You ever notice how someone waste money on something it only makes them feel better to convince other people to waste their money on it as well, so they tell you how great it is.
  • roguex_1979
    Options
    You ever notice how someone waste money on something it only makes them feel better to convince other people to waste their money on it as well, so they tell you how great it is.

Ever notice how someone who has never HAD the treatment or knows nothing about the treatment has an opinion about it and tells everyone how bad the treatment is.

And actually, I haven't tried to tell anyone else to 'waste their money' at all. I haven't recommended the treatment to anyone. I HAVEN'T HAD IT YET.

I asked a question that NO ONE is bothering to answer. Thanks all!
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all - did any of your mother's teach you that?

No. My Mommy never taught me that. However, she did teach me this: If you see someone on stranded on the side of the road, stop and help (unless they look like a serial killer). To me, people who have misguided misconceptions (i-lipo, hcg, diet pills, etc) are equivalent to a person stranded on the side of the road with the jumper cables clamped on their tires. Yay for them for trying to fix their own problem, but you aren't gonna get anywhere with your jumper cables on your tires. Period. We're not being mean or condescending by telling you the jumper cables go on the battery. We're simply trying to guide you in the right direction. No matter what Dr. Oz says, science says that jumper cables go on your battery and that I-lipo, HCG, diet pills, and all the other "give me money and I will fix you up quick" scams are a waste of money, a waste of time, and just plain don't work. Diet and exercise are the only way to healthy long term weight loss. So keep chanting "support us! don't bash us!" but when we see your jumper cables clamped to your tires on the side of the road, we are going to heed our Mommy's advice and stop to help. We have all been where you are, we have all learned from our mistakes, we just want to spread the knowledge.
  • roguex_1979
    Options
    I am actually getting a little annoyed with everyone who is opinionated about the fact that I am having the i-lipo. Can I use the analogy of 'No uterus, no opinion' (thanks Rachel from Friends! :laugh: )? If you haven't had the i-lipo, don't tell me it's a waste of money. I'm still having it done. Or if you are going to tell me it's a waste of money, back it up. Why do you think it's a waste of money? It might actually end up answering my QUESTION!

For future people reading this who have not yet posted a reply and would like to, if you're not going to answer my original question, don't post. For posters who have already posted and feel the need to continue, if you want to rant about how people are stupid and waste their money on quick fix treatments, start your own post and let me know you've done it do I can troll it like you've done mine and say something that has no bearing on the OP's original rant.

And to those who are 'defending' me and coming under fire yourselves, don't worry, and thank you. :flowerforyou:

So, to sum up:

1. Never had it done or personally know someone who has had it done, no opinion that matters to me about the treatment itself.
    2. Not going to answer my question, don't bother posting your negative opinion (see previous point). If it's positive, maybe PM me to avoid others on this board from ribbing you too.
    3. If you MUST post a negative opinion, at least tell me why you think that.

Ta!
  • roguex_1979
    Options
    If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all - did any of your mother's teach you that?

No. My Mommy never taught me that. However, she did teach me this: If you see someone on stranded on the side of the road, stop and help (unless they look like a serial killer). To me, people who have misguided misconceptions (i-lipo, hcg, diet pills, etc) are equivalent to a person stranded on the side of the road with the jumper cables clamped on their tires. Yay for them for trying to fix their own problem, but you aren't gonna get anywhere with your jumper cables on your tires. Period. We're not being mean or condescending by telling you the jumper cables go on the battery. We're simply trying to guide you in the right direction. No matter what Dr. Oz says, science says that jumper cables go on your battery and that I-lipo, HCG, diet pills, and all the other "give me money and I will fix you up quick" scams are a waste of money, a waste of time, and just plain don't work. Diet and exercise are the only way to healthy long term weight loss. So keep chanting "support us! don't bash us!" but when we see your jumper cables clamped to your tires on the side of the road, we are going to heed our Mommy's advice and stop to help. We have all been where you are, we have all learned from our mistakes, we just want to spread the knowledge.

I agree with this actually.

But imagine for a second, if you will, that the person you are helping by telling them that the jumper cables go on the battery not the tires asks why it is wrong/how it is wrong/they genuinely haven't got a clue, and you helpful and not at all condescending people say: 'Because it won't work' and they ask again for you to explain yourself, but you've walked off and the next person comes along and says the same thing 'because it won't work, you're wasting your time trying that' and another person and another person, it gets very frustrating for the person who doesn't understand.

Now of course, the person who has the cable the wrong way etc then tries and blows their tires up, they will learn from experience. Just because you helpful and non-condescending people seem to be in the know doesn't automatically mean everyone else knows.

Using another analogy, a child goes up to their parent and asks, 'Will it be sunny tomorrow? I want to go to the park and buy an ice cream' and the parent says 'you're wasting your money', that's not helping the child. That doesn't answer his question and makes him feel small. I asked a scientific question and did not expect a barrage of 'you're wasting your money' from anyone. I was expecting no answers, a couple of helpful answers or links to helpful websites (of which I did get a few - but they too didn't answer my question). The opinions on the treatment was not necessary, and certainly not in the way most of the posters have written them.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I will be going for i-Lipo sessions shortly, and the Spa I am using does the standard 20mins followed by 10min power plate.

My question is, how long does it take for fat molecules, once in the blood stream, to go 'Hey, no one is using us as energy, so lets settle down!' and situate themselves in the fat cells/corpuscles/whatever?

Some spas say 30mins minimum exercise after the session, but they usually mean treadmill/bike/elliptical. Does this mean the power plate is better so you only need 10 mins to be able to use the fat that has been reintroduced into your blood stream? And how long do I have to get to the gym to really blast that fat after the plate session so they don't re-settle?

sweetie I am sorry you are going through so much just to get this answer :flowerforyou:

Unfortunately in the field of nutrition and exercise there are so few closed and reliable studies to give you a definitive answer.
    My guess (it would be a guess) is it depends on many factors such as age, activity level, eating habits and how your personal body deals with fat.
    Also I found this to be true in my weight loss journey if you have been starving your body a lot lately it will want to hold on to energy to have it readily available when it needs it and if your body has been at a surplus lately or at least getting and the nutrition it needs it should take more time for it to decide to hold on to energy in the form of fat.
    I am sure there are many other aspect and reason's why the body would want to hold on to energy and store it as fat quicker and slower, but there really aren't enough studies done on it.
    This is the main reason no one has attempted to answer your question.
  • teagin2002
    Options
    I can tell you this from my journey, try everything you can and don't worry about anyone else. Everyone's journy is different and for some reason on here people think because you mentioned something that it is being promoted (not true). You are the only one who will reap the benefits or deal with the hurts too, own it as your won and be proud to have done so with the intent to better yourself luv :flowerforyou:

I hope this works for you luv and good luck!!
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Okay... I just have to jump in.

Not that the other myth busters aren't doing a FABULOUS job...

But I can't think of a single biological reason why 'lasers' would rid the body of fat. The supposed reasons shared here by pro-laserlipo folks is... well nonsense. And that's me being nice about it. Laser-lipo is an expensive gimmick.

Do you know what biology I CAN think of in regards to lasers? Intense light in the right frequency range can cause DNA strand breakage and this can sometimes lead to cancer. Are you CERTAIN your expensive gimmick is safe?
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    I am actually getting a little annoyed with everyone who is opinionated about the fact that I am having the i-lipo. Can I use the analogy of 'No uterus, no opinion' (thanks Rachel from Friends! :laugh: )? If you haven't had the i-lipo, don't tell me it's a waste of money. I'm still having it done. Or if you are going to tell me it's a waste of money, back it up. Why do you think it's a waste of money? It might actually end up answering my QUESTION!

For future people reading this who have not yet posted a reply and would like to, if you're not going to answer my original question, don't post. For posters who have already posted and feel the need to continue, if you want to rant about how people are stupid and waste their money on quick fix treatments, start your own post and let me know you've done it do I can troll it like you've done mine and say something that has no bearing on the OP's original rant.

And to those who are 'defending' me and coming under fire yourselves, don't worry, and thank you. :flowerforyou:

So, to sum up:

1. Never had it done or personally know someone who has had it done, no opinion that matters to me about the treatment itself.
    2. Not going to answer my question, don't bother posting your negative opinion (see previous point). If it's positive, maybe PM me to avoid others on this board from ribbing you too.
    3. If you MUST post a negative opinion, at least tell me why you think that.

Ta!

You know what? We don't need to try it to have an opinion about the process.

I have an opinion about taking meth, but guess what, I've never tried it.

And you know why I speak up? And why most people on this thread speak up? Because they're trying to help you and others. Clearly, you choose not to listen and that is your right.

And people ARE backing up their arguments about why they think it doesn't work. You just choose to ignore that fact.

The procedure does not make any biological sense to me and I've yet to see a double-blind, placebo controlled, normalized for race/sex/age, quality scientific study with a reasonable number of participants. IF/when I do, then I'll be a little less skeptical.

Also... WHY laser? Traditional liposuction actually removes the fat from your body. It's a surgery... and if you don't control your diet, you're going to gain weight again... but at least traditional lipo makes sense to me.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

I agree with this actually.

But imagine for a second, if you will, that the person you are helping by telling them that the jumper cables go on the battery not the tires asks why it is wrong/how it is wrong/they genuinely haven't got a clue, and you helpful and not at all condescending people say: 'Because it won't work' and they ask again for you to explain yourself, but you've walked off and the next person comes along and says the same thing 'because it won't work, you're wasting your time trying that' and another person and another person, it gets very frustrating for the person who doesn't understand.

Now of course, the person who has the cable the wrong way etc then tries and blows their tires up, they will learn from experience. Just because you helpful and non-condescending people seem to be in the know doesn't automatically mean everyone else knows.

Using another analogy, a child goes up to their parent and asks, 'Will it be sunny tomorrow? I want to go to the park and buy an ice cream' and the parent says 'you're wasting your money', that's not helping the child. That doesn't answer his question and makes him feel small. I asked a scientific question and did not expect a barrage of 'you're wasting your money' from anyone. I was expecting no answers, a couple of helpful answers or links to helpful websites (of which I did get a few - but they too didn't answer my question). The opinions on the treatment was not necessary, and certainly not in the way most of the posters have written them.

Sorry, I thought this was a site for adults. If a child asks about putting jumpers on the tires, that's one thing. If an adult asks, chances are, they are a moron.

I suspect that a child would understand much better than an adult why quick-fix weight loss gimmicks don't work in the long term. Here is how I would explain it to a child.

In order for these things to work in the long term, one must change their lifestyle to maintain a certain level of fitness and body composition. If one can successfully implement this new lifestyle, their body would ultimately change on its own. If one does not implement a new lifestyle, then the body will go back to where it was before.

So, go ahead and get your i-Lipo. And think about your life 3 years down the road. Either you will have changed your habits or not. If not, you will gain the weight back and be back where you started or worse. But if you changed, you will be perhaps leaner and fitter than you've been in your whole life; which begs the question, why bother with the quick-fix in the first place?
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    I will be going for i-Lipo sessions shortly, and the Spa I am using does the standard 20mins followed by 10min power plate.

My question is, how long does it take for fat molecules, once in the blood stream, to go 'Hey, no one is using us as energy, so lets settle down!' and situate themselves in the fat cells/corpuscles/whatever?

Some spas say 30mins minimum exercise after the session, but they usually mean treadmill/bike/elliptical. Does this mean the power plate is better so you only need 10 mins to be able to use the fat that has been reintroduced into your blood stream? And how long do I have to get to the gym to really blast that fat after the plate session so they don't re-settle?

sweetie I am sorry you are going through so much just to get this answer :flowerforyou:

Unfortunately in the field of nutrition and exercise there are so few closed and reliable studies to give you a definitive answer.
    My guess (it would be a guess) is it depends on many factors such as age, activity level, eating habits and how your personal body deals with fat.
    Also I found this to be true in my weight loss journey if you have been starving your body a lot lately it will want to hold on to energy to have it readily available when it needs it and if your body has been at a surplus lately or at least getting and the nutrition it needs it should take more time for it to decide to hold on to energy in the form of fat.
    I am sure there are many other aspect and reason's why the body would want to hold on to energy and store it as fat quicker and slower, but there really aren't enough studies done on it.
    This is the main reason no one has attempted to answer your question.

Actually, there are plenty of reliable studies and very definitive answers on how to lose/gain/change weight.
    Unless someone has a disease or hormonal problem then their bodies work exactly the same as the rest of the population.

The methods are the same. But so many people want alternatives and "quick" fixes. You can cloud this with as much "your journey" as you want, it will not make this fad, nor any other weight loss fad true.

As many people have mentioned, this forum is here to educate, and sometimes that means correction in basic science.

Fat "molecules" burning away? Yep....pick up the shake weight and the sauna suit, we're on our way to weight loss!
  • Silvergamma
    Silvergamma Posts: 102 Member
    Options

Everything you need to know about adipose tissue is in that link (which is a fascinating read, yay science).

I'm sorry that you are getting so much negative feedback, but at the end of the day infra red radiation doesn't cause fat cells to release their stores back into the blood stream. Hormones trigger adipose tissue to release triglycerides back into your system. Your body produces those hormones when it needs energy, and there isn't a ready supply available.

There also isn't a way to spot reduce fat in certain areas. Fat is used in a reverse order to how the body stores it. So for example, I'm a classic pear shape. I store fat around my hips and thighs first, then my tummy, chest, and upper arms. As I have lost weight it has come off my upper arms, my chest, my tummy, and lastly from around my hips and thighs. If you want to see your tummy go down it's a matter of patience and perseverance. Once your body has used fat supplies from elsewhere, it will start using those more stubborn supplies.

Best of luck.
  • roguex_1979
    Options

Everything you need to know about adipose tissue is in that link (which is a fascinating read, yay science).

I'm sorry that you are getting so much negative feedback, but at the end of the day infra red radiation doesn't cause fat cells to release their stores back into the blood stream. Hormones trigger adipose tissue to release triglycerides back into your system. Your body produces those hormones when it needs energy, and there isn't a ready supply available.

There also isn't a way to spot reduce fat in certain areas. Fat is used in a reverse order to how the body stores it. So for example, I'm a classic pear shape. I store fat around my hips and thighs first, then my tummy, chest, and upper arms. As I have lost weight it has come off my upper arms, my chest, my tummy, and lastly from around my hips and thighs. If you want to see your tummy go down it's a matter of patience and perseverance. Once your body has used fat supplies from elsewhere, it will start using those more stubborn supplies.

Best of luck.

Yay! An actual answer! Thank you! Love your profile pic, btw! Love FMA!
  • emma110984
    emma110984 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    LMAO! This is so funny... I just came back from my last session of i-lipo!! It was a riveting experience... I feel so good and refreshed after the results!!!

To those people with their wikipedia knowledge... have you not heard of the lymphatic system?? Why is this basic concept so hard for people to understand!

Anyway, I will continue to get pleasure reading these comments... guised as 'help and support'! You people are the best!!!!
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    LMAO! This is so funny... I just came back from my last session of i-lipo!! It was a riveting experience... I feel so good and refreshed after the results!!!

To those people with their wikipedia knowledge... have you not heard of the lymphatic system?? Why is this basic concept so hard for people to understand!

Anyway, I will continue to get pleasure reading these comments... guised as 'help and support'! You people are the best!!!!

How does the lymphatic system relate to this process? I'm genuinely interested.
  • teagin2002
    Options
    Hello zafferFL, I don't mean to call you out.

That being said, please share any info on how quickly or slowly the body is willing to store energy as fat at a particular time. If you have access to this information Please share it with me as I am very interested in learning more about it. :flowerforyou:

Actually, there are plenty of reliable studies and very definitive answers on how to lose/gain/change weight.
    Unless someone has a disease or hormonal problem then their bodies work exactly the same as the rest of the population.

The methods are the same. But so many people want alternatives and "quick" fixes. You can cloud this with as much "your journey" as you want, it will not make this fad, nor any other weight loss fad true.

As many people have mentioned, this forum is here to educate, and sometimes that means correction in basic science.

Fat "molecules" burning away? Yep....pick up the shake weight and the sauna suit, we're on our way to weight loss!
  • Silvergamma
    Silvergamma Posts: 102 Member
    Options

How does the lymphatic system relate to this process? I'm genuinely interested.

Ditto. The lymphatic system is super complicated, so I will admit that I do find it hard to understand how surficial exposure to infra red radiation would trigger the hormones required to make adipose tissue release fatty acids into the body for energy use.
This discussion has been closed.