BLACK TEEM WEEK 10!!

Options

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

Sam-- not sure what party-- puttin' two and two, your baby's 1st birthday? I haven't had time to read back posts--

Bottom line-- you know what has always worked for hubs and me? Tell extended family to stick it and do what works for you and yours-- this is when the party is, be there or be square.

We are heading to NY in just over 2 weeks and we were planning on having another party up there for both the girls. Everything was fine and dandy up until today when hubs tells me that his grandmother freaks out when new people are around and my side of the family is no longer invited to the girls birthday party. About an hour goes by and he then tells me that it is going to be the saturday that we get there(hopefully). We are leaving on thursday. I spent about 2 hours making (by hand) 10 invites to send to our families and then he tells me that his father is not inviting hubs' aunt or his cousins to the party and I thought this was OUR girls' party not his and he tells me that he doesn't want them there either. Great thanks for telling me this now AFTER I made all these invites. So, needless to say you can guarentee that I will have either lost a ton of weight from stress exercising or I will have gained a ton from stress eating! 2 weeks there might just kill me!
    smileypullinghairout.gifsmileypullinghairout.gifsmileypullinghairout.gifsmileypullinghairout.gifsmileypullinghairout.gifsmileypullinghairout.gifsmileypullinghairout.gif

Oh and for A's party we have decided it's going to be me daddy M and mimi and that is it!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options

Sam-- not sure what party-- puttin' two and two, your baby's 1st birthday? I haven't had time to read back posts--

Bottom line-- you know what has always worked for hubs and me? Tell extended family to stick it and do what works for you and yours-- this is when the party is, be there or be square.

We are heading to NY in just over 2 weeks and we were planning on having another party up there for both the girls. Everything was fine and dandy up until today when hubs tells me that his grandmother freaks out when new people are around and my side of the family is no longer invited to the girls birthday party. About an hour goes by and he then tells me that it is going to be the saturday that we get there(hopefully). We are leaving on thursday. I spent about 2 hours making (by hand) 10 invites to send to our families and then he tells me that his father is not inviting hubs' aunt or his cousins to the party and I thought this was OUR girls' party not his and he tells me that he doesn't want them there either. Great thanks for telling me this now AFTER I made all these invites. So, needless to say you can guarentee that I will have either lost a ton of weight from stress exercising or I will have gained a ton from stress eating! 2 weeks there might just kill me!
    smileypullinghairout.gifsmileypullinghairout.gifsmileypullinghairout.gifsmileypullinghairout.gifsmileypullinghairout.gifsmileypullinghairout.gifsmileypullinghairout.gif

Oh and for A's party we have decided it's going to be me daddy M and mimi and that is it!

You gotta do what right for you, watch out for yourself only

Well off to do another 5 miles my scale is going the wrong way this week and I dont know why because I have pretty much eaten the same things as I always have...

I know its because I am so close to goal weight like 3 pounds now, but still want it to go down not up!!!!!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    OK Black team so I walked 9.3 miles today to burn 770 calories I did my extra 30 minutes for sure today.

Gotta go to bed gotta get up at 345 am to be at work at 515 am

Ya'll have a fabulous sunday and I will be back on here tomorrow afternoon if I have time I wil have my two kids plus my friends two kids so we will see

HAVE FUN!!!!!!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    You can put that foil packet in the oven, too. I like to add a dash of lemon (never tried the garlic Jeannie). My favorite is mahi mahi or orange roughy with pineapple juice, ginger, old bay and a charred orange pepper.

Tonight we are having marlin steaks with peach salsa.

I just love fish.

I was just thinking about the 1st time I fell in :heart: with you.

I read a post of yours and you ended it with something like

Lynnie, the girl who loves beer

or something like that and it was just the cutest thing I had ever seen! Made just like ya kiddo!

Aww Jeannie and I always remember your smiling over the shoulder AV and great attitude. You and Sara were my first of many MFP loves.:heart::heart:

Lynnie, the girl who is grateful to count you as my friend. (and loves beer)
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Jeannie how was the fish?

Marla you'd love to be in Ohio now it is nice and cool. Sorry about your toof.

Sam, if THEY want to have a party, then THEY can bake a damn cake. Have your own thing at the park, and whomever deserves to be in your circle of close family will show up. The cream rises to the top.

Roni, you look so pertiful!!

Lori, Iove you honey. And one of the things that made me love you on the hottie thread was your positive attitude. So, my lil sis. I say this with the greatest of love. Quitcher*****in and get back to work. You've worked too damn hard. You've come too damn far. And I'll be damned if I let you give up, backslide or give in!!!!!

My activity today was 5 miles on the bike and half an hour of tennis-ish. (
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Jeannie how was the fish?

Marla you'd love to be in Ohio now it is nice and cool. Sorry about your toof.

Sam, if THEY want to have a party, then THEY can bake a damn cake. Have your own thing at the park, and whomever deserves to be in your circle of close family will show up. The cream rises to the top.

Roni, you look so pertiful!!

Lori, Iove you honey. And one of the things that made me love you on the hottie thread was your positive attitude. So, my lil sis. I say this with the greatest of love. Quitcher*****in and get back to work. You've worked too damn hard. You've come too damn far. And I'll be damned if I let you give up, backslide or give in!!!!!

My activity today was 5 miles on the bike and half an hour of tennis-ish. (I can't really play tennis)

I am now going to enjoy some fish, veggies and a treat of no-pudge fudge brownies.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,756 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys it's why I keep coming back here! I need you. I picture Marla telling me to snap out of it and Lynnie always tells me like it is when I need it.

I really am happy to have all of you. You came at just the right time. I had been doing this myself for a long time, no real 'friends in the process' if you know what I mean. But that was when it was fresh, new and yes, easy and I was fine doing it solo.

You all came along when it started to get hard, slow and it's not so fresh and new- basically just about the time I got totally sick of all of it! Thanks for being here! It's nice to know others are working hard and struggling through it just like me. Makes me feel not so alone.

We went to Hooters for dinner tonight and I thought of you- my Black Team. I imagined what you would say if you walked in and it wouldn't have been pretty! :blushing: :blushing:

DH is in need of losing some weight too. Tomorrow, I am going to start logging my foods again and also getting him to do the same. I haven't given up. I errrr ummm extended my vacation? Yeah, that's it!

Oh yeah, Lynnie- I loved you when I met you for calling me a hottie! I don't picture myself that way and you made me feel so warm and fuzzy. lol
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Thanks guys it's why I keep coming back here! I need you. I picture Marla telling me to snap out of it and Lynnie always tells me like it is when I need it.

I really am happy to have all of you. You came at just the right time. I had been doing this myself for a long time, no real 'friends in the process' if you know what I mean. But that was when it was fresh, new and yes, easy and I was fine doing it solo.

You all came along when it started to get hard, slow and it's not so fresh and new- basically just about the time I got totally sick of all of it! Thanks for being here! It's nice to know others are working hard and struggling through it just like me. Makes me feel not so alone.

We went to Hooters for dinner tonight and I thought of you- my Black Team. I imagined what you would say if you walked in and it wouldn't have been pretty! :blushing: :blushing:

DH is in need of losing some weight too. Tomorrow, I am going to start logging my foods again and also getting him to do the same. I haven't given up. I errrr ummm extended my vacation? Yeah, that's it!

Oh yeah, Lynnie- I loved you when I met you for calling me a hottie! I don't picture myself that way and you made me feel so warm and fuzzy. lol

Lori you are a true hottie and I would lick an ashtray to have a tummy like yours! You CAN do this, you are so worth it. Don't give up. But do give up trying to beat me in Cube Crash. I kicked your azz! Mwuahahaha
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    OK Black team so I walked 9.3 miles today to burn 770 calories I did my extra 30 minutes for sure today.

Gotta go to bed gotta get up at 345 am to be at work at 515 am

Ya'll have a fabulous sunday and I will be back on here tomorrow afternoon if I have time I wil have my two kids plus my friends two kids so we will see

HAVE FUN!!!!!!

That's amazing-- 9 miles?

Way to go!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Lynnie-- I just love Ohio, period--

I'm not close to my family at all, emotionally speaking that is( or physically, thank God) -- but something about my birth state grabs me-- get a thrill every time I cross the state line-- kooky.

It's been cool and lovely here for the most part-- actually rather chilly tonight--

But life is totally bowling us over-- and no time to yap about it--

Heading to type--

God bless us all this day, my friends!
  • 72lori
    Options

Lori you are a true hottie and I would lick an ashtray to have a tummy like yours! You CAN do this, you are so worth it. Don't give up. But do give up trying to beat me in Cube Crash. I kicked your azz! Mwuahahaha

Oh sweetie, my tummy feels like a jello jiggler right now, please no ashtray licking!

I know I can do it. I haven't give up I promise. I worked really really hard the whole time hubs was gone- from September to May, I lost 47 pounds in that time. He got home the beginning of May and I've had one excuse after the other since then as to why I'm struggling through this. I don't want to blame him, it's not him- different lifestyle with him here I suppose. I need to figure out how to make it work.

I will figure it out. I promise, promise, promise, I'm not giving up. I really like muscles. I want more. I want ripped arms. It's on my agenda. I also want a body fat percentage of 20%. Eating crappy isn't helping either one of those things.

I need reenergized- again. *sigh* Thanks for the push, it's what I needed. It's a lifestyle change that I need to do forever..... I know it. A little break here and there is ok, I just took one a little too long I think. Seriously, anybody who says this is easy is nuts!

Actually one of my kid's mothers kept telling me how good I looked in the spring. I had told her the first 35 was easy. She told me she kept thinking of what I said and started weight watchers and has lost 25. She is on top of the world. She is excited. She is energized. She feels terrific. I'm going to go rub her or something. Maybe I can get it back the excitement too if I steal some of her mojo!
  • lynniejones
    Options

Oh sweetie, my tummy feels like a jello jiggler right now, please no ashtray licking!

I know I can do it. I haven't give up I promise. I worked really really hard the whole time hubs was gone- from September to May, I lost 47 pounds in that time. He got home the beginning of May and I've had one excuse after the other since then as to why I'm struggling through this. I don't want to blame him, it's not him- different lifestyle with him here I suppose. I need to figure out how to make it work.

I will figure it out. I promise, promise, promise, I'm not giving up. I really like muscles. I want more. I want ripped arms. It's on my agenda. I also want a body fat percentage of 20%. Eating crappy isn't helping either one of those things.

I need reenergized- again. *sigh* Thanks for the push, it's what I needed. It's a lifestyle change that I need to do forever..... I know it. A little break here and there is ok, I just took one a little too long I think. Seriously, anybody who says this is easy is nuts!

Actually one of my kid's mothers kept telling me how good I looked in the spring. I had told her the first 35 was easy. She told me she kept thinking of what I said and started weight watchers and has lost 25. She is on top of the world. She is excited. She is energized. She feels terrific. I'm going to go rub her or something. Maybe I can get it back the excitement too if I steal some of her mojo!

You might want to ask her permission. And record it for hubby. BWHAHAHA
  • 72lori
    Options

He, he! Only you Lynnie. I actually almost retyped that and then thought.... oh, nobody will read it like that. I shoulda known better. It's why I :heart: my black team.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Dropping in to say hello again! Hope you are all having a great weekend!! Catch you all tomorrow!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

He, he! Only you Lynnie. I actually almost retyped that and then thought.... oh, nobody will read it like that. I shoulda known better. It's why I :heart: my black team.

The things I miss to go to sleep at night...

That was hilarious!

Shuntae, the girl who still enjoys the occasional wings and beer (though not usually from Hooters)
  • 72lori
    Options
    Went for a walk, plans to eat well today, plans to get my head back in it. It's all good. Love you black team!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Afternoon black team! I have been way to quiet lately and though I have been lurking I havnt been around much.

Sam-I hope everything works out well with the party situation. Family can be so difficult sometimes.
    Marla-Hope the tooth doesnt start hurting you. I am in desperate need of a trip to the dentist. Hope yours holds up.
    Lori-Keep pushing, you'll be back on your feet in no time.

Had a great morning today, Got out and ran my 3rd road race (Second 5k). It was a great run down by the water. It was on a gravel path which makes it a bit harder but It was a beautiful day for it. Came in at 25:04 so I managed to beat my prior best time by a little over two mins. Guess who placed first in the Male 20-29 catagory!?.That's right folks...It was ME! However, Guess how many males there were between the ages of 20-29?.....You guessed it! JUST ME!. lol But I don't mind winning by default. I got a cool pint glass out of the deal. lol Anyhoo, I'm going to get the little guy down for his nap. I will check in with you all later. Still basking in the glow of the runner's high.... ahhhhhhh

:drinker:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Andrew- 1st place. Wooo-hoooo! Way to go.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Afternoon black team! I have been way to quiet lately and though I have been lurking I havnt been around much.

Sam-I hope everything works out well with the party situation. Family can be so difficult sometimes.
    Marla-Hope the tooth doesnt start hurting you. I am in desperate need of a trip to the dentist. Hope yours holds up.
    Lori-Keep pushing, you'll be back on your feet in no time.

Had a great morning today, Got out and ran my 3rd road race (Second 5k). It was a great run down by the water. It was on a gravel path which makes it a bit harder but It was a beautiful day for it. Came in at 25:04 so I managed to beat my prior best time by a little over two mins. Guess who placed first in the Male 20-29 catagory!?.That's right folks...It was ME! However, Guess how many males there were between the ages of 20-29?.....You guessed it! JUST ME!. lol But I don't mind winning by default. I got a cool pint glass out of the deal. lol Anyhoo, I'm going to get the little guy down for his nap. I will check in with you all later. Still basking in the glow of the runner's high.... ahhhhhhh

:drinker:

You're my hero, Batman--

Have a great day!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Go Batman!

Did it look something like this?

Batman-Running.gif