Ladies - Brazilians

Options

Replies

• WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    You don't grow grass on a playground.

*yes it hurts like a MOFO the first time you do it
    *use breathing to help with the pain: breathe in when the wax is applied, when the strip is getting yanked off, breathe out
    *I wax myself, I use a hard wax, and a hair waxing prep oil
    *use aloe lotion afterwards

it is so uber liberating to be bare, and I feel 'cleaner'.

Never known a guy who did man-scaping...but have seen pics, and I do prefer that.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Listen up ladies!

I'm here to share my amazing (little known I think) secret, and you will never have an ingrown hair again. Get ready for perfect bikini lines... guaranteed and way cheaper than all the crap that doesn't work that is supposed to.

Buy spray antiperspirant/deodorant (I use Suave) and spray the first few days after you shave or wax.

When I was in college I worked at a spa for 5 years and a stripper who was getting a bikini wax told me this secret lol. Been doing it ever since, and I swear I give myself brazilians (I have a Nudesse pot) and haven't had a bump in 10 years.

Just make sure you don't buy a brand of deodorant that dries white or you won't look very hot on the beach :)

I'm going to try this!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Listen up ladies!

I'm here to share my amazing (little known I think) secret, and you will never have an ingrown hair again. Get ready for perfect bikini lines... guaranteed and way cheaper than all the crap that doesn't work that is supposed to.

Buy spray antiperspirant/deodorant (I use Suave) and spray the first few days after you shave or wax.

When I was in college I worked at a spa for 5 years and a stripper who was getting a bikini wax told me this secret lol. Been doing it ever since, and I swear I give myself brazilians (I have a Nudesse pot) and haven't had a bump in 10 years.

Just make sure you don't buy a brand of deodorant that dries white or you won't look very hot on the beach :)

I'm going to try this!!! Thanks for sharing.

Im way excited about this little tidbit! thanks! Its one of the reasons I dont go back to the Brazilian thing. Well, that and the cost. I do not know how you ladies do it yourself!
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    From a guys perspective... I personally love a woman with a Brazilian! It improves many things!

Can I get the women to chime in for the guys... Do you prefer natural, manscaped, or totally bare? Thanks for your input!

For the ladies - I LOVE my brazillian and get on every month. It does get less painful with every appointment and IMO is well worth it!

For the men - My hubby keeps his short and curlies pretty short around the sausage and completely shaved around the man-cherries. LOVE it! :blushing:

We both get the "extras" for maintaining our lawns.
  • birdieintx
    birdieintx Posts: 298
    Options
    I don't have the time or cash to even get my regular hair cut regularly let alone my kitkat waxed. However I've been bare for years now and there is nothing like it. But it's just me and my lady shick making it happen.
  • jedavis824
    Options
    the less body hair the better for men and women. this isnt the 70s people!

lol what? body hair is completely natural and there is no reason to remove it other than personal preference.
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I get one every month and it doesn't hurt as much after a few visits. I personally must have a bad A waxer because there are only two strips that actually hurt. The rest is pretty much the same as a bikini wax.

Maybe I have high pain tolerance :-)
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Heeeellll no.

I did it once, and NEVER again. It felt like a wild leopard attacked me in the nether regions.

And 'take some advil before'? How about a morphine drip.
  • Emili03
    Emili03 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've had laser done on my legs and it did feel like a sharp pinch or a rubberband pop to me. Maybe no one has ever popped you with a rubber band very hard, lol :)
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I work in a jewelry store and we pierce ears.. I buy the skin numbing liquid we use on ears and apply liberally before a brazillian... it doesnt completely take the pain away... but it helps a WHOLE LOT!!!

I dont do it all the time, but when I do.. my hubby seems a little more frisky :devil:
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    OK- IMO totally worth it. It makes me feel sexy and smooth and CLEAN. Plus as a runner who is still a little more chubby, stubble from shaving hurts- like a lot- after 2-5 hours of running (I was marathon training). First time is a little em- Bare @ss-ing. You get used to that part at least. I thought "the back" was going to hurt the most- Not so. It's less painful than legs. The middle- which is the part that chafes when running for me- is a breeze. Upper inner thigh- NO BIGGIE after the first time. I swear half of it didn't come back. But *sigh* the front and top.... ouch. Most likely most women care about those the most since it is most exposed in a bathing suit. and yeah- you gotta breath through that pain. It's brief. But it hurts. To me I don't have her do it all- just shape a little and make sure nothing would hang out a bikini bottom. She takes a #2 clipper to it and we are good. I don't get ingrown hairs from it, it grows back finer and doesn't have the stubble feeling to it because the ends are soft. She does do it in small strips- while it takes longer I think it helps to make sure she pulls it in the right hair growth direction (which probably helps with the ingrowns). I am getting laser done in a week so I have had to only shave for the last month and being able to compare shaving to waxing recently- i would take waxing any day. I bought a groupon for laser at basically what it would've cost me to keep up waxing for a year- (Doing brazilian and underarms) I figure it's worth it if I never have to shave there again and only have to shave my legs. (To me leg waxing isn't worth it- Your leg hair grows at such different rates it never seems like they can get it all- doesn't get that really smooth feeling IMO). I wish I could laser that but my leg hair isn't dark enough...
  • jacquelynkay
    jacquelynkay Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I"m thinking ......Ouch!
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Love them. It's one of my rewards for losing weight. And for me they're not that painful at all.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Once you go bare, you never go hair.

The pain is worth the pleasure you'll get from it.

^^ exactly that! :)

I get sugared though - not sugar wax but actual sugaring where no cloth strips are involved. SUpposedly its a lot less painful and better - but I've never done it any other way so I can't really tell you.

Pain wise - eh, it hurts but its not a lasting pain. And that is speaking as someone who gets it ALL removed if you know what I mean. ALL of it.
  • katielhinchey
    Options
    I'm an aesthetician and many clients prefer to get it done with hard wax because it's less painful compared to strip wax. The first time is always the worst but worth it! You'll notice I huge difference between waxing compared to shaving or using nair. Good luck!
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I couldn't bare to think of waxing.. Manscape for sure.

I have no idea how you ladies do it, but I'm not one tony away from showing the appreciation required for such a feat!
  • Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    I would rather do the laser removal therapy, it lasts longer and after multiple treatments... sometimes it won't come back.
  • Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    Not my thing, uncomfortable with strangers that close to my body as well.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Not my thing, uncomfortable with strangers that close to my body as well.

me too! LOL :)
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Torture but worth it!