What is the name of the last book you read?

Options

Replies

• ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    "Water for Elephants" by Sarah Gruen. I am a huge reader and I highly recommend this book, could not put down, and it was'nt full of crime and detectives like lots of books out there.

This is one of my favorite books..such a page turner, although the movie was blah
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I just finished re-reading The Hunger Games Trilogy.... Book 1 and 2 are really good. 3rd book not so much...but still have to read to finish the series.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Like many others - I just finished the Hunger Games series. The movie looks kind of dumb, though...
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I've read the first two haven't read Mocking Jay yet because I dragged through Catching Fire. Reviews for this book aren't helping lol
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Mowing through Dale Brown's Dreamland series. Basically an aviation (Air Force) themed action series. I only picked it up because it was ghost written by Jim DeFelice.

Read the first 6 and now starting (just picked it up today at the used book store) Satan's Tail. I have five more to go after this one.

Decent time wasters until COUP D’ÉTAT shows up in paperback April 24
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    "Heaven is for Real" a story of a three year old who went to heaven and met Jesus. Definitely a moving and thought provoking book.

Usually am a big fan of Dean Koontz but haven't read any of his lately.
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Helen of Troy by Margaret George. Love the way she writes stories seen through the eyes of the that person. My favourite is her one on Henry VIII. I also have her Memoirs of Cleopatra and Biography of Mary, Queen of Scots, Elizabeth Tudor and Mary Magdelene (which isn't as good as all the others)

I'm going to have to look at some of these books,

The last book I read was The Other Boleyn Girl, by Phillipa Gregory, I love her writing style although I hate how inaccurate she portrays the characters although it really makes for a different story
  • dirtycaviar
    Options
    Just finished The Story, which is an abridged version of the Bible put in chronological order to read more like a... well....story. Now I'm half way into A Princess of Mars which is the book the new movie John Carter is from.

Is A Princess of Mars any good? I was considering reading that next.

I read a lot of sci-fi and I really like it so far. I hope the movie holds up.

They are making a movie?? I had no idea! My first name is Dejah and it came from the novel back in the 70's. I guess this means I won't be one of the few with that name anymore. :-/
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    The Bible - The most owned, least read book. :smile:
  • Ashleyanne271
    Ashleyanne271 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. This is probably my 3rd or 4th time reading it. They are my "go-to" books when I get in a reading rut. Plus, I'm getting ready to go to Harry Potter World in a couple weeks! Yay!:happy:

Oh, and for Hunger Games fans you should check out Veronic Roth's 'Divergent". It's another YA dystopian book. Very good!
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I recommend The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks. I think its the best book he's written so far aside from A Walk To Remember.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Miserly Moms, it was about ways to cut spending to go down to one income...or at least make it so I don't have to work full time!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Currently reading. "The fountainhead" - Ayn Rand
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Currentlly reading Cemetery dance... Dead people being brought back to Zombie like state with extraordinary strenth...
  • roberts1013
    roberts1013 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just finished the Hunger Games trilogy.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    It was called "Menu".
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Star Wars: The Old Republic "Fatal Alliance"

An outcast spec ops trooper for the Republic. A sullen padawan, turned away from the Jedi trials. A Sith apprentice, eagerly awaiting to turn on her master. An Imperial spy, praying the Republic's higher echelon does not discover him. A smuggler with a mutinous first mate. A Mandalorian Bounty Hunter playing both sides.

All the characters cross paths with each, and must put their differences aside to stop a quickly growing threat that could wipe out the universe.

(pretty geeky, huh?) :tongue:
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    The Bible - The most owned, least read book. :smile:

I read it religiously. :smile:
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    It was called Soul Eyes, I forget the poor author's name. lol. But I got it at the Dollar Tree and so it was good for a buck. It was about a psychic goddess lady who could heal people.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    The Food Revolution

It's about the detrimental effects of typical diet on people's health & the planet. Highly recommend it.