The difference weight lifting makes....

Options

Replies

• MissConfidence
    Options
    Eleven pounds difference from first to last picture. Same weight in the middle and last.

11pounds.jpg

Wow! You look AMAZING! Now, tell me your secrets (please) :happy: What's your lifting routine?
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    Anyone know of a good lifting app? There's plenty for cardio ones (c25k, etc...) I know but it would be great to have one for strength training.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of a good lifting app? There's plenty for cardio ones (c25k, etc...) I know but it would be great to have one for strength training.

I use jefit. Also, the iphone app for Strong Lifts 5x5 is freaking awesome but I don't have an iphone (my lifting partner does). Makes me sad.
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    For poor people with no gym, I recommend getting the book Body for Life and as much of a dumbbell set as you can afford from ebay or wherever. Body for Life is on Amazon used for about the cost of shipping. It is much easier to do at home successfully than New Rules of Lifting for women. I have gotten great results from Body for Life and switched to New Rules for variety.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Also, scope out Craigslist or your newspaper for people spring cleaning and getting rid of exercise equipment they bought and never used.
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    When people talk about women lifting heavy, how heavy do they mean?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    When people talk about women lifting heavy, how heavy do they mean?

It's relative and depends on the individual. As heavy as you can safely. If you can knock out 12-15 without feeling any challenge, it's too light.
  • shahendrickson
    shahendrickson Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kmbhoya2000
    kmbhoya2000 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Great post!! Thank you!!
  • sophsw
    sophsw Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    FYI, the mods had to remove a few of the pictures. Sad but understandable I guess.
  • J3NZ0R
    J3NZ0R Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    So who is the girl in the black bikini? I want to know what she did to get her *kitten* to look like that!
    If I had to guess I'd say deep squats, deadlifts and maybe lunges.

Lunges + squats + deadlifts = very nice bum. Trust me. :)
  • mistylee0104
    mistylee0104 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tina180130
    Tina180130 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump thanks
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    I LOVE lfiting weights and wish I could do a proper workout, rather than my own version.

A girl in work with me goes to the gym too. She recently told me she spent 2hrs in the gym and burnt over 1000 cals. All well and good but I asked her did she do any weights? No...cardio..cardio and some more cardio. I think this is a mistake.

I personally think weights tone you up in a way no other exercise does. I feel so much more toned. I need to lose 14lbs or so. My scales have stayed the same since I started back 4 weeks ago but I know I have toned up.

Love love love lifting weights.
  • dslynn8
    dslynn8 Posts: 21
    Options
    Bump, for motivation!
  • jcolier
    jcolier Posts: 64
    Options
    Awesome!
  • LollipopViolet
    LollipopViolet Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Bump because I went to the gym and upped the weight I was lifting quite a bit, very successfully!
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    bump