5'6 Girls what weight do you want to be?

Options

Replies

• chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Currently 142 and 21% body fat. Want whatever weight will give me around 18% body fat.

Maintain my current amount of lean mass that would be 138 lbs :)
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    I will be thrilled with 160-165. Am 183 now. Started MFP at 206.
  • reashamoriba
    reashamoriba Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am currently at 307 and aiming for 190. I have a large frame. I did the waist test.
  • dansgirldana
    dansgirldana Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 47 yrs old, 5'6 and my start weight was 173.4. I am now 161.0 and would like to be around 140-145.
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 6 1/2 and I am aiming for 150 lbs as that would put me into the "healthy weight" on the BMI Index. I am currently at 185 lbs so a way to go yet, but since I started off just inside the the "obese" range, I am happy to say right now that I am "simply" overweight! It has taken me ages just to get this far, but I press on...!
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" & 1/2. I started at 195, and I'm currently 150 wearing a US size 8. I keep saying that I want to get to 130, but for now, I'm ignoring the scale for a while, and lifting heavy weights and trying to eat cleaner.
  • shelbyalexarich
    Options
    Im 5'7 and 139, ideally I want to be around 130 or 120.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and started at 190, currently 162. I put in goal that I want to be 140. But, it will depend on how fit I am at that time. I would like to be about a size 4 or 6. I think 140 would be good if my stomach starts shrinking soon. My legs and arms are getting fit. I don't think I would want to be any lower than 130.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6" and in my adult life have weighed from 118-145. Ideally, I'd like to be about 130, because anything less than that is just not practical to maintain. When I got down to 118 I was on a very low calorie, no fat, low carb diet, working out a lot, and was also experiencing a lot of stress. I can tell you I was not healthy! If you have a very narrow frame 125 is probably the lowest you should aim for, but that said 150 can still look great on 5' 6". I've seen some lean, mean, muscle machines that weigh 150 and can still wear size 4 because they are so compact.

Whatever your goal is, make sure it's realistic and that it's something that you can maintain.
  • redwoodbsq1
    redwoodbsq1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I want to be 150. Not sure why that number specifically, but remember my mom looking really really good at 150 and it's just stuck in my mind.

I was 220, got the nice desk job, was 250 by Thanksgiving, got super sick (I called it the flu that came to stay) and started my journey with gusto in January.

I want to lose it in two 50 lbs increments; down to 200 by my birthday in January, and down to 150 before our trip to Paris in two summers.
  • hrs80
    hrs80 Posts: 11
    Options
    I am 5'6" and am currently 170... first goal is to get to 145... ultimate goal... 135!
  • jnbeckham
    Options
    I have pretty athletic frame, so I am shooting for 150 lbs.
  • LuckBeWithU
    LuckBeWithU Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm going to 135, my marriage start weight(21 years ago)
  • justgonzo
    Options
    im almost 5' 7" My highest is 249lbs, in 1 yr and 7months I LOST 100LBS! Ive gained a little back to im around 160lbs now. aiming for 130... but in high school at the same height I was 117lbs... so that something i think about /-:
  • Nerdybookgirl
    Nerdybookgirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 150 -- although My husband would like it to be around 175... he is afraid I'll loose my butt. LOL!
  • AnnaCVeach
    AnnaCVeach Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I always feel like the odd one out on posts like this...my goal is 160(or in the 160s..) I'm currently at 169(down from 235!) :)
    I have a larger frame, and I just don't see the need for myself to reach anything lower...I want to live, and enjoy eating still! :)

I know what you mean! I also have a larger frame and I started at 230. I want to get down to 160 and will look at things again when I get there. I know how I look at 129 and trust me..it AIN'T pretty! I think I'll look good at 160 but according to that dreadful BMI..I should be no more than 145. I don't want to look like I'm sick so we'll just have to see. Great job on your weight loss!
  • aeberly01
    aeberly01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a larger frame (and larger breasts), but would like to see the 150's. Right now though, I'd be happy with 1anything! :laugh:
  • Ninnyninball
    Ninnyninball Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I always feel like the odd one out on posts like this...my goal is 160(or in the 160s..) I'm currently at 169(down from 235!) :)
    I have a larger frame, and I just don't see the need for myself to reach anything lower...I want to live, and enjoy eating still! :)

I am the same! I think 160 is where I am happy ( I would be a UK 10 -12 at this weight) - I am currently 174 - Started at 182. Getting there slowly but surely!
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 6 & 1/2Inches - my goal is 133, my 1st goal was 135 I got there then got to 133. I gained back to 138 which feels like defeat and I don't think I am fat or anything I just hate that I went and gained it all back so fast. I can't get below a certain weight or my cheekbones stick out too much and my boyfriend thinks it is gross.
  • aranchmom
    aranchmom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and 166 lbs. I started at 170, and would like to be 145. I was 145 when I got married (11.5 yrs ago!) and thought I was perfect then. I am doing T-Tapp to tone. (sorta like Pilates)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!