What is the name of the last book you read?

Options

Replies

• danapellerin
    danapellerin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just finished The Story, which is an abridged version of the Bible put in chronological order to read more like a... well....story. Now I'm half way into A Princess of Mars which is the book the new movie John Carter is from.

Is A Princess of Mars any good? I was considering reading that next.

I read a lot of sci-fi and I really like it so far. I hope the movie holds up.

They are making a movie?? I had no idea! My first name is Dejah and it came from the novel back in the 70's. I guess this means I won't be one of the few with that name anymore. :-/

Yeah, John Carter. Started last Friday. I finished the book yesterday and am going to the movie tonight. Did you know there's 19 books in the series???
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    A Dance with Dragons.....5th novel in the Game of Thrones series by George R.R. Martin.

Swords and Politics on a Grand Scale.....with Dragons and other beasties.

I'm reading this too. I only have a few pages left but it's taking fooorrrreeeevvvveerrrrr. Now we only have to wait another 7 years for the next book in the series. :sad:
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of reading Stephen King's The Dark Tower Series... So it was The Wastelands, lol ;).

Seriously one of the best series I have ever read!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    The sunrise lands -- S.M. Stirling

Another great series. I've read it like a half dozen times.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver. It's the story of a mother and her relationship with her son, who ends up committing a school shooting. It was very brutal and hard to read sometimes because of the subject matter. That said, it was very well written and I would recommend it to anyone who can handle reading something very dark and thought provoking.

Now I'm reading Adam Carolla's, In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks. I needed a laugh after that last one.
  • jkaupanger
    Options
    The Help... quite good... made me feel horrible at times.
  • butterflykoffee
    butterflykoffee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love to read but am taking an American Literature after 1800's class and currently reading The Great Gatsby (hope something happens soon!). Just finished To Kill a Mockingbird, and before that, Death of a Salesman and Ethan Fromme (which I thought is the stupidest book ever written!!) Can't wait to be done with these so I can get back to reading "fun" books!! My all-time Christian book is A Skeleton in God's Closet by Paul Maier (it is not scary).
  • CrawlingChaos
    Options
    Letter to a Christian Nation by Sam Harris
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    It was called "Menu".

Made me laugh!
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler. Funny! :)
  • bmatsumoto
    bmatsumoto Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Too Fat to Fish by Artie Lange - biography about the comedian, very in-depth and honest. great book though
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    The Help

About African American maids in the 50's and how badly they were treated. So they all band together and write a book about their experiences with a white woman who doesn't agree with how things are. I recommend it!

Me too... for our Book Club - LOVED IT!!! Am now reading Portia DeRossi's story "Unbearble Lightness: A story of Loss and Gain" about her going through tough times with Bulemia... really good also.
  • GunnerGirl029
    GunnerGirl029 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just wait til you get to the end.......
  • GunnerGirl029
    GunnerGirl029 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of reading Stephen King's The Dark Tower Series... So it was The Wastelands, lol ;).

Just WAIT til you get to the end!!!!!! I still have nightmares about the damn beach crabs lol
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    The Hunger Games. Now I am on the 2nd book, Catching fire
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Wuthering Heights!

I love reading books from this time period! (Suggestions appreciated) :)

Try Jane Eyre or Great Expectations.
  • irishmist40
    Options
    My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler. Funny! :)
    yeah its a funny one alright .
  • irishmist40
    Options
    Wuthering Heights!

I love reading books from this time period! (Suggestions appreciated) :)
    Love it .

Try Jane Eyre or Great Expectations.
  • irishmist40
    Options
    The Help

About African American maids in the 50's and how badly they were treated. So they all band together and write a book about their experiences with a white woman who doesn't agree with how things are. I recommend it!

Me too... for our Book Club - LOVED IT!!! Am now reading Portia DeRossi's story "Unbearble Lightness: A story of Loss and Gain" about her going through tough times with Bulemia... really good also.
    Unbearble Lightness is good
  • AmandaBroun
    AmandaBroun Posts: 126
    Options
    Becoming Odyssa