St Patrick's Day and BEER

Options

Replies

• TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I will be drinking beer. Lots of it. I will probably go for a run Saturday morning but not enough to counteract the calories from beer.

This is your life......... so if you want to drink beer - JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) I am not going to give up things I love like the occasional pizza, beer, burgers whatever it may be.

I really do believe in working out hard and enjoying foods you love in moderation!

But.......... to each their own! :drinker:

QFT!!! Preach it!!!
  • Fipsie
    Fipsie Posts: 50
    Options
    St Paddie's (= 'Stralian, we always knock words short :smile: ) in years' past was a 16 hr or so blinder! Remember waking up one year with bruises on the back of my legs that were replicas of the stool I'd been perched upon! :drinker: Working this weekend :sad: but sure I'll have a brew or too on knock off!
  • AislingRA
    AislingRA Posts: 56
    Options
    It is ST PATRICK'S DAY not ever ever ever ST PATTIES DAY

I thank you :bigsmile:
  • AislingRA
    AislingRA Posts: 56
    Options
    Can I ask where the " Saint Patties Day" day saying comes from I'm from Ireland ive lived in Dublin all my live and have never heard St Patricks Day called that before Patty is short for Patricia which is a Girls name and St Patrick was a man!!

As someone born and raised in America, but raised in a large Irish family, I also wish people would stop calling it St Patty's day. If you feel the strong urge to celebrate it by blowing your diet you should probably understand the history. Paddy is short for Patrick. St. Paddy's day. Please.

<applauds>
  • Fipsie
    Fipsie Posts: 50
    Options
    Gah, saw it before your post - monkey see, monkey do. I'm blaming it on being on nightshift. :noway:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Vegas. I'm not worried about calories :)
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I don't call it cheating. I call it living.

:o)

Jameson all around.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Now, the irony is, traditionally pubs are closed in Ireland on St Patrick's day. It being a religious festival and everything.
  • allibabaadw
    allibabaadw Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    well i'm studying abroad in ireland right now so i think i'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and indulge :)
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    im going to the pub round noon and drinking all day with my dont give a **** look ..... oh ill prolly do a 50 mile bike ride in the am thou heh
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Drinking Michelob ultra (maybe one guiness; I'm 1/2 Irish) and making Shepard's Pie! It's a Holiday so I'm not going to stress but I will be working out that day as well. CHEERS!
  • reverie212
    Options
    I usually don't do anything for St. Patty's Day. If I do have any beer, I save my calories all day and have a few later on. Its managable without going off my diet.
  • SunLove8
    Options
    To respect my Irish heritage I plan on drinking whiskey, singing, and mayb even fighting...then drinking and singing some more with the person I just fought with. LOL

It comes once a year. I be goof this week, get in a good trail run that morning, and then attack the festivities with a vengance!

For me it's:
    Kick off: Jamesons Distillery Reserve on the rocks
    Jamesons 1812
    Firestone brewery's Velvet Merlin (it tastes like a Guiness, if Guiness were actually good)
    Close it down with Union Jack IPA as the eve wears on.

Lol, well put!
  • EllaScarlet
    EllaScarlet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Can I ask where the " Saint Patties Day" day saying comes from I'm from Ireland ive lived in Dublin all my live and have never heard St Patricks Day called that before Patty is short for Patricia which is a Girls name and St Patrick was a man!!

We're American; we ruin everything. :wink:

LOL at this. I was wondering about St Patty too. If you want to sound like you have a clue about Ireland then you should know that it is abbreviated to St PADDY's.

I will be at a race meet in Co Down watching some good turf jump racing and drinking Guinness :)
  • luckybunny84
    Options
    I am spending the day with my boyfriends large irish family, for the occasion I am making Guinness cake, which I will not be eating because I dont want to spend the day in the ER(highly allergic to beer). I will drink some O'Mara and coffee instead :)
  • pankybinky
    Options
    Now, the irony is, traditionally pubs are closed in Ireland on St Patrick's day. It being a religious festival and everything.

The pubs haven't closed since the seventies and are open every day except Good Friday & Christmas day. And yes... IT'S PADDY'S DAY!!!!!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    To respect my Irish heritage I plan on drinking whiskey, singing, and mayb even fighting...then drinking and singing some more with the person I just fought with. LOL

It comes once a year. I be goof this week, get in a good trail run that morning, and then attack the festivities with a vengance!

For me it's:
    Kick off: Jamesons Distillery Reserve on the rocks
    Jamesons 1812
    Firestone brewery's Velvet Merlin (it tastes like a Guiness, if Guiness were actually good)
    Close it down with Union Jack IPA as the eve wears on.

That velvet merlin is an awesome oatmeal stout!!!
  • SunLove8
    Options
    I am spending the day with my boyfriends large irish family, for the occasion I am making Guinness cake, which I will not be eating because I dont want to spend the day in the ER(highly allergic to beer). I will drink some O'Mara and coffee instead :)

I would be so sad if I was allergic to beer but probley a lot thinner, lol. I never had O'Mara and coffee, I'll have to try that one day.
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    It's a relief to see at least one true celt on here. ' Up North ' confusing Patty and Paddy could be extremely risky, so whether your colour is green or your color is also green, enjoy.
  • luckybunny84
    Options

I would be so sad if I was allergic to beer but probley a lot thinner, lol. I never had O'Mara and coffee, I'll have to try that one day.

LOL it does get frustrating not being able to drink beer specially since Guinness smells so good :) the O'Mara and coffee is great.