Want a 25-calorie (per cup!) replacement for rice?

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• Annette1513
    Annette1513 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Love all your recipes.Cant wait to try them.Thanks!!
  • pattan59801
    pattan59801 Posts: 142
    Options
    Just tried this tonight and it is AWESOME! I know a lot of you have tried the cauliflower substitute for mashed potatoes, but you can sub it for rice, too!

"Cauli-rice" (or Rice-aflower?!)

:)

You will need:

1 head of fresh cauliflower
    a food processor/blender
    a microwavable bowl big enough to hold your final yield

Do this:

Cut the florets off of the cauliflower. You can use the stem as well, just cut it into manageable chunks. Process raw florets (do NOT cook first!) until they are uniform "grains" and pile into the bowl.

Microwave for 3-5 minutes, uncovered, until cauliflower is cooked. DO NOT add water, seasonings or butter before cooking, or you'll end up with mush. Just microwave the processed cauliflower all by itself. Any seasonings can be added after cooking. Fluff with a fork, add spices, serve with anything you would make rice with!

I made a low fat/low cal shrimp creole (which I can also post if anyone wants it) and served over this tonight. I felt like I was cheating! I added to the whole bowl of "rice" a few shakes of land o'lakes butter sprinkles, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.

Per cup (with butter sprinkles) - 25-30 calories per cup!

I'm going to try this with curry and ginger and also as a mock fried rice. Will report results!

me me me me.....I want it
  • INGSA
    INGSA Posts: 6
    Options
    Will have to try this! I wonder if my son would notice?? Thanks for the suggestion x
  • Leaker12
    Leaker12 Posts: 57
    Options
    sounds great, going to try it.....
  • balletap10
    balletap10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This sounds AWESOME!!! To be honest, I've actually never had cooked cauliflower, so I'm definitely going to try it this way first. Thanks for the idea!!!
  • balletap10
    balletap10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump? What does this mean? Thank you!
  • christschild2
    christschild2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe. Will definitely try it.