Looking good for Christmas Week 2!!

Options

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Jennifer--I LOVE the Kraft Raspberry Vinagrette as well! I always keep a bottle in my little fridge at school. :happy:

II got on the scales and saw that I lost half a pound. Not bad I guess, considering it was my first week (although I heard a lot of people lose a lot in their first week?). Then, to top off my disappointment on the scales, I had a bad lunch. Without thinking I got frozen yogurt for dessert today at lunch. It is beautiful out here, and I didn't think it was as bad as it was until I logged it into my food diary. :noway: It is supposed to be my day off from running, but I am going to have to if I want to eat anything for dinner! Lesson learned! :grumble:
    Don't kick yourself too hard. We all have our moments. Chalk it up to a little slip and learn from it. You will do better tomorrow. What I try to do is log in all my food for the day before my morning snack. That way it is in and I don't want to have to change it or add to it. Keep it movin' :bigsmile:
  • Renee973
    Renee973 Posts: 28
    Options
    Thats great advice! Thanks! :smile: I will do that tomorrow, and see if it works out better!
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Back on track today. Had to go to a really hard funeral yesterday afternoon :cry: so, I found myself doing some emotional eating last night. Not much I can do about it now, except be back on track this morning.

Waiting for the sun to come out from behind the clouds so it can be a beautiful Friday! :flowerforyou:

Have a great day everyone, and hope that you have a great weekend!

:flowerforyou: :smile: :drinker:
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Weighed in in the last thread.

228075.png

Off to the gym... :happy:

Happy Friday! :drinker:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Back on track today. Had to go to a really hard funeral yesterday afternoon :cry: so, I found myself doing some emotional eating last night. Not much I can do about it now, except be back on track this morning.

Waiting for the sun to come out from behind the clouds so it can be a beautiful Friday! :flowerforyou:

Sorry you had to experience such a bad and sad day. Hope you're doing okay :flowerforyou:
  • VardaElentari
    Options
    Starting @ 200 lbs

Week 1 @ 200 lbs :frown:

Goal by Xmas = 160 lbs
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    II got on the scales and saw that I lost half a pound. Not bad I guess, considering it was my first week (although I heard a lot of people lose a lot in their first week?). Then, to top off my disappointment on the scales, I had a bad lunch. Without thinking I got frozen yogurt for dessert today at lunch. It is beautiful out here, and I didn't think it was as bad as it was until I logged it into my food diary. :noway: It is supposed to be my day off from running, but I am going to have to if I want to eat anything for dinner! Lesson learned! :grumble:

The ones who tend to lose a lot in the first week or so are usually people who have a lot to lose. I have to lose 113lbs from my start weight so I lost quite a bit the first two weeks. Now it is slowing down.

You aren't losing that much so it will likely be slower. But it will happen!!! :smile:
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    This morning I did Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk for the first time. Usually I do my Wii Active workout. But it was nice for a little switch up.
    I'm down 1 pound, but the inches seem to be coming off faster, and that makes me more happy than the number on the scale.
  • Cynder
    Cynder Posts: 79
    Options
    Not off to a great start for this week. Went to a pizza buffet and stuffed myself way past the point of being full. I felt like I was going to explode :explode:

Better start today
    B-Blueberry Bagel with FF cream cheese, SF Skim Rasberry Latte,

S Lf yogert with blueberries

L-Salad or a turkey sub

D- Breaking out the grll :happy:
  • Renee973
    Renee973 Posts: 28
    Options
    Not off to a great start for this week. Went to a pizza buffet and stuffed myself way past the point of being full. I felt like I was going to explode :explode:

I get upset with myself when I eat something I really shouldn't or I overeat, but then I realize how much I would have eaten before I started watching portions and exercises, and then I don't feel so bad! I bet you didn't eat as much as you would have before, so you definitely still have that to be proud of. As long as you can get right back on track (which it looks like you did) I don't see a problem in a pizza buffet every once in awhile! :smile:
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    patting myself on the back here- my students had a pot luck for us (as a suprise) and even though there was a lot of pressure, I HAD NOTHING WITH SUGAR!!! YAY! Go me! I never would have had the strength to say no before I had all of this great accountability. So, thanks, guys, for all your support!:drinker:
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    .....did I mention that there was homemade brownies and KRISPY CREMES?!?!?
  • Cynder
    Cynder Posts: 79
    Options

I get upset with myself when I eat something I really shouldn't or I overeat, but then I realize how much I would have eaten before I started watching portions and exercises, and then I don't feel so bad! I bet you didn't eat as much as you would have before, so you definitely still have that to be proud of. As long as you can get right back on track (which it looks like you did) I don't see a problem in a pizza buffet every once in awhile! :smile:

No, I ate as if I wasn't trying to lose weight. :mad:

I've told my husband that I am not going back there until I can get my willpower back under controll. If he wants it, he can take the kids without me.
  • sjmay
    Options

Sorry you had to experience such a bad and sad day. Hope you're doing okay :flowerforyou:

Thanks so much for your concern. I am doing alright. Sometimes, these are the things I have a hard time dealing with. There were 2 deaths, but I could only handle one funeral. And they were both young lives (18 and 22) so that makes it harder. (I am 26) But, I must go on.

I thought that I was back on track, however I just binged at lunch, and I now feel like crap. :grumble: BUT, I will just have to work it off when I get home. I hate that I eat to grieve.... At least with exercise, it always makes me feel better, so I just need to turn to this instead :smile:
  • Iffer75
    Options

I am sorry to hear about the funeral yesterday. I will keep you in my prayers. You are so right to dust yesterday under the rug and start today as a new day. Have a good weekend.:bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    This morning I did Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk for the first time. Usually I do my Wii Active workout. But it was nice for a little switch up.
    I'm down 1 pound, but the inches seem to be coming off faster, and that makes me more happy than the number on the scale.
    It is always hard not to look at the scale, but you are right to look at your measurements, that is more important. You are also right to switch things up. Your body gets use to the same thing after a while and then it stops lossing. Make sure to switch up every few weeks to keep your muscles confused. You are down a pound that is fantastic. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    patting myself on the back here- my students had a pot luck for us (as a suprise) and even though there was a lot of pressure, I HAD NOTHING WITH SUGAR!!! YAY! Go me! I never would have had the strength to say no before I had all of this great accountability. So, thanks, guys, for all your support!:drinker:
    That is great. Isn't it nice to be able to do that?
  • Iffer75
    Options
    .....did I mention that there was homemade brownies and KRISPY CREMES?!?!?
    I am drooling just reading this. :tongue:
  • Iffer75
    Options

Thanks so much for your concern. I am doing alright. Sometimes, these are the things I have a hard time dealing with. There were 2 deaths, but I could only handle one funeral. And they were both young lives (18 and 22) so that makes it harder. (I am 26) But, I must go on.

I thought that I was back on track, however I just binged at lunch, and I now feel like crap. :grumble: BUT, I will just have to work it off when I get home. I hate that I eat to grieve.... At least with exercise, it always makes me feel better, so I just need to turn to this instead :smile:
    I know it is hard to get away from emotional eating. One thing you might try is walking away from it when you feel yourself going to food. Find something to occupy your mind for at least 20 mins. Start dusting or take a walk, anything. Then after 20 mins you should not either be craving those foods or you will make a better choice when you do go to the kitchen. Hang in there, it will get easier.
  • sjmay
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about the funeral yesterday. I will keep you in my prayers. You are so right to dust yesterday under the rug and start today as a new day. Have a good weekend.:bigsmile:

Thank you! I hope you have a great weekend as well :flowerforyou: I am going to try more walking this weekend when my mind needs a break