what color is your natural hair?

Options

Replies

• shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    medium brown, with the beginnings of a grey streak at the front now lol (omg i'm only 32 hahaha...it actually looks kinda cool though)
    Until recently I dyed my hair all the time, dark brown, vibrant reds and purples were my favourites, but the last few times I dyed my hair (last summer/fall) i had some serious irritation, doesn't seem to matter if it's permanent or temp dye, so, worried that it would get worse I decided to go with not colouring it for a while and see what happened. My hair is growing in darker than I remember it being (though the last time I saw my natural colour I was about 15!) so far I don't mind it!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    A light blonde, with strawberry underneath.

No one believes it's natural, but I've never dyed my hair. =)
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    natural - red (have been going natural since 2005!)
    winter - closer to a auburn
    summer - closer to strawberry blonde

If I had naturally red hair I would NEVER EVER EVER dye it. I have major jealousy of red heads...mostly because I could never even dye my hair that shade without looking ridiculous (seeing as I'm brown).

I've always said that if I had natural red hair, I would NEVER dye it. Red hair is so pretty!

as for the hot factor, that's true, too! Hot redheads are hard to come by!
    yea, when i was in middle school i tried dying it blonde... BIG MISTAKE... and my mom still made me go to school :grumble: BUT i used to hate my hair color, till i went natural for locks of love. then i was told my natural hair color was a color people would "die for", also i found out that hot red heads were hard to find...

Question for the natural red heads: All the red heads that I have encountered have had a strange hair texture, kinda like a wire-haired dachshund, and I was wondering if that was an individual attribute or if it's all red heads? Keep in mind, I've known probably only 3 red heads, so I know that it very well could be individual, but I was curious.

actually me and 1 one of my sisters are redheads and she has that texture of hair. i was born a strawberry blonde and as i aged (and dyed my hair) my hair became a bit darker so my hair is soft, thick, and totally red! (thank god!)
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    natural - red (have been going natural since 2005!)
    winter - closer to a auburn
    summer - closer to strawberry blonde

If I had naturally red hair I would NEVER EVER EVER dye it. I have major jealousy of red heads...mostly because I could never even dye my hair that shade without looking ridiculous (seeing as I'm brown).

I've always said that if I had natural red hair, I would NEVER dye it. Red hair is so pretty!

as for the hot factor, that's true, too! Hot redheads are hard to come by!
    yea, when i was in middle school i tried dying it blonde... BIG MISTAKE... and my mom still made me go to school :grumble: BUT i used to hate my hair color, till i went natural for locks of love. then i was told my natural hair color was a color people would "die for", also i found out that hot red heads were hard to find...

Question for the natural red heads: All the red heads that I have encountered have had a strange hair texture, kinda like a wire-haired dachshund, and I was wondering if that was an individual attribute or if it's all red heads? Keep in mind, I've known probably only 3 red heads, so I know that it very well could be individual, but I was curious.

It's not all redheads. Although my white hairs are coming in a little wirey, my red hair never has been.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I was born with dirty blonde hair (actually I was born with no hair!)but it has since gotten darker so it's now brown. Never have dyed my hair either! :smile:
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Mousy brown :) I don't color my hair anymore, but when I was in high school, college and a couple years beyond- I was almost obsessed. I wanted auburn hair more than anything, and dyed it various shades of red all the time. Sometimes I would dye my hair a shade of blond so that the next time it went red, the color would show up better. I even dyed it black once (not a good look, as I'm very fair skinned). Combine auburn hair and green contact lenses and natural freckles- people thought I was Irish (I'm actually Polish, English, German and Scottish).

The best part- just before graduation I got a sample for Herbal Essences hair color (it was brand new at the time). I got the reddest I could find and the directions said that for normal color 20 minutes, for more color leave it for 40. Yup, I left in it for 40 minutes. I had the fire engine red hair for weeks!! Graduation from college, working at the Radisson hotel...

Stopped coloring when I just didn't want to deal with it anymore.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    super thick dark red hair all over my head with no signs of balding. and I shave it all off!
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Bald! However if I were tp let it grow out it's medium brown and grey on the temples.
  • xcrushx28
    xcrushx28 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Red, brown, gold, blonde

When I was a kid I hated it because I was quite different, now I love it because of the very same reason.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My hair is blond with some red, purple and orange in a sense of highlights, kinda.

Beard is kinda red, rustish.
  • geezer99
    geezer99 Posts: 92
    Options
    Nude
  • pwillini84
    Options
    The hair on my head is a light brown, naturally.

I dye it dark, dark brown...to match *wink*

So the drapes and carpet match! My type of lady!

Peyton
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    <--- I don't color at all. It's so dark that any change takes a TON of upkeep. I tried to go blond briefly, but it did not work for me whatsoever.
  • pwillini84
    Options
    Red

I'm SOOOOO partial to ladies with red hair.........................
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    My natural color is pretty much what you see in my profile pic....I usually dye light brown with red undertones.
  • ritasiav
    ritasiav Posts: 3
    Options
    light brown with a touch of grey

I use natural instincts "hot cocoa" 2-3 times a year for a pick me up. The color fades away over a month so I don't have to go crazy about roots.
  • pwillini84
    Options
    Honestly, I'm not totally sure. I seem to recall a dishwater blonde.....

Check downstairs....LOL

N/A .... my eyebrows are definitely dishwater though.

N/A! I like that!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I forget. Think it was red.
  • elbandito
    elbandito Posts: 157
    Options
    Mousey brown, with some salt and pepper creeping in around the sides.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    wow. there are more redheads than blondes in this entire thread. and only two super blondes - yummy and, erg, i just forgot. (sorry!)