may as well just sit on my bum

Options

Replies

• rockinsue285
    Options
    fed up of repeating myself as no-one reads it anyway but I DO EXERCISE JUST WANTED TO KNOW THE IMPORTANCE OF EATING THOSE CALS BACK

I actually have seen it with my own yes, I eat the calories back and for some reason, I lose more weight faster. I also just upped my calories by 200 and jump started my weight loss again.

I read on your profile where you would like to be able to walk with out being winded. I think weight should be the least of your worries, how about exercising so you can play with all 8 of those grandchildren? Or would you still rather just sit on on your bum?

Geesh, and they say Americans are fat and lazy.............
    so rry but have you bothered to read I do exercise, I walk every weekend, I do strength exercises every day, linedance class every monday for 90 mins, every tuesday for 150 mins, wednesday apart from strength exercises and walking my 4 dogs which by the way I also do every day its sorta my day off, then thursday its exercise bike, I do play with with my grandchildren thank you and see them all or one or other every week plus I run around caring for my disabled son, as for being lazy I THINK THIS RULES IT OUT.

RE comment about being fat well thats not very nice but again if you read you would have seen until 18mths ago I was a uk size 10/12, much smaller than us sizes , I put on weight because of meds but now in 2 weeks ive lost 9lb and dropped to size 14 to whole sizes, and to quote you unlike you I would never say americans are fat and lazy thats just plain horrible.

You have not read my comments at all just thought Ide jump on the band wagon
  • Stuartm1
    Stuartm1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    The reason some people are being a little less than nice is;

1. Whether you meant to or not, your OP had a lot of attitude in it. If we could picture you saying it you'd have your hand on your hip and rolling your eyes.

2. You don't want to listen to any helpful information we are trying to give you. You've decided that eating E calories back is stupid and that's that.

3. You're helping to spread bad information. When I first started here, I also asked (asked, not made a post just to let all of MFP know what I was going to do) if we should eat back the calories we burn. Many people gave me excellent explanations as to why we should eat them back which I was grateful for. It then made sense to me, I just had to clarify to make sure I was doing it right. However if I were a newbie today asking this question, I would be so confused because every other person argues to the death that you shouldn't eat them back. What you choose to do is your life and no there is no law that says you have to do it.....but people who come here that genuinly want to follow the program the correct way, the way the program was designed need to get the correct information. Eating E calories back will NOT make you gain weight, it will NOT make you maintaine weight. If you want to following the program the way it was meant to be followed, you SHOULD eat your E calories back.

Best response of the night but there again some people don't want help
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    what is the point to exercise if you have to eat the cals burnt back?, may as well sit on my bum, do nothing and enjoy the cals

Yep, may as well.

May as well lose all muscle mass.

No benefits to exercise at all. Enjoy the couch.

LOL :heart: *love*

HMM ENJOY THE COUCH LOL

monday 90mins linedance class and strength exercises/ walk 4 dogs

tuesday 150 mins linedancing class/ strength exercises/walk 4 dogs

wednesday sort of day off but still walk 4 dogs

thursday exercise bike 30mins and strength exercises/ walk 4 dogs

Friday varies/ walk dogs

Weekends country walks with family friends and dogs

On top of that I regularly see and play with my grandkids and a carer to my disabled son

My question was just a general one, however had you read all the posts you would have seen I exercise
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    what is the point to exercise if you have to eat the cals burnt back?, may as well sit on my bum, do nothing and enjoy the cals

Yep, may as well.

May as well lose all muscle mass.

No benefits to exercise at all. Enjoy the couch.

LOL :heart: *love*

HMM ENJOY THE COUCH LOL

monday 90mins linedance class and strength exercises/ walk 4 dogs

tuesday 150 mins linedancing class/ strength exercises/walk 4 dogs

wednesday sort of day off but still walk 4 dogs

thursday exercise bike 30mins and strength exercises/ walk 4 dogs

Friday varies/ walk dogs

Weekends country walks with family friends and dogs

On top of that I regularly see and play with my grandkids and a carer to my disabled son

My question was just a general one, however had you read all the posts you would have seen I exercise
    You just replied to the VeRY first response, this is going to take time methinks.
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    pounds is a very loose term and can mean lots of things. is your weight fat, muscle, water? calories is not the only stat out there and neither is pounds. that's misleading.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    th_keyboard.gif
  • Stuartm1
    Stuartm1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    fed up of repeating myself as no-one reads it anyway but I DO EXERCISE JUST WANTED TO KNOW THE IMPORTANCE OF EATING THOSE CALS BACK

I actually have seen it with my own yes, I eat the calories back and for some reason, I lose more weight faster. I also just upped my calories by 200 and jump started my weight loss again.

I read on your profile where you would like to be able to walk with out being winded. I think weight should be the least of your worries, how about exercising so you can play with all 8 of those grandchildren? Or would you still rather just sit on on your bum?

Geesh, and they say Americans are fat and lazy.............
    so rry but have you bothered to read I do exercise, I walk every weekend, I do strength exercises every day, linedance class every monday for 90 mins, every tuesday for 150 mins, wednesday apart from strength exercises and walking my 4 dogs which by the way I also do every day its sorta my day off, then thursday its exercise bike, I do play with with my grandchildren thank you and see them all or one or other every week plus I run around caring for my disabled son, as for being lazy I THINK THIS RULES IT OUT.

RE comment about being fat well thats not very nice but again if you read you would have seen until 18mths ago I was a uk size 10/12, much smaller than us sizes , I put on weight because of meds but now in 2 weeks ive lost 9lb and dropped to size 14 to whole sizes, and to quote you unlike you I would never say americans are fat and lazy thats just plain horrible.

You have not read my comments at all just thought Ide jump on the band wagon

OK so you exercise so what's your point?? Simple fact if you have set your calorie target to lose weight and exercise there is no harm in eating back some or even all calories excercised because basically you still eat below maintenance calories and therefore should lose weight. If you don't eat all exercise calories back you will still lose weight. You have to find what's best for you and also change tack occasionally, the body needs the odd shock to make sure it doesn't get used to a routine. You have lost 9 pounds in two weeks so you must be doing something right!!!!
  • elbandito
    elbandito Posts: 157
    Options
    Exercise starts the fire.

Eating those calories back fuels the fire. It burns brighter.

Bonus: FOOD! :D
  • zoedallas
    zoedallas Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    ^ THIS is why people think you don't exercise. You later stated that you do, but this stongly implies to intend to stop as you "might as well sit on your bum".

Do you intend to exercise or not?
    Do you intend to eat back your calories or not?

After 11 pages of advice, what is your conclusion?
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    The reason some people are being a little less than nice is;

1. Whether you meant to or not, your OP had a lot of attitude in it. If we could picture you saying it you'd have your hand on your hip and rolling your eyes.

2. You don't want to listen to any helpful information we are trying to give you. You've decided that eating E calories back is stupid and that's that.

3. You're helping to spread bad information. When I first started here, I also asked (asked, not made a post just to let all of MFP know what I was going to do) if we should eat back the calories we burn. Many people gave me excellent explanations as to why we should eat them back which I was grateful for. It then made sense to me, I just had to clarify to make sure I was doing it right. However if I were a newbie today asking this question, I would be so confused because every other person argues to the death that you shouldn't eat them back. What you choose to do is your life and no there is no law that says you have to do it.....but people who come here that genuinly want to follow the program the correct way, the way the program was designed need to get the correct information. Eating E calories back will NOT make you gain weight, it will NOT make you maintaine weight. If you want to following the program the way it was meant to be followed, you SHOULD eat your E calories back.

Best response of the night but there again some people don't want help

Well thankfully I dont pre judge people
    INTELLIGENT TO REALISE THAT THINGS CAN APPEAR DIFFERENT WHEN WRITTEN DOWN
    I also dont jump to conclusions about people I dont know AND if you knew me would know im well liked, kind and caring
    As for bad info ive asked a question, never blindly go into anything, and again if you read my posta you would see ive said different things work for different peeps what works for me may not work for you and vice versa.
    You also assume that every one wants to follow the plan to the T, I know many on here who just use it for guidance, check their cals etc, thankfully the friends I have on my own profile are very supportive
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    ^ THIS is why people think you don't exercise. You later stated that you do, but this stongly implies to intend to stop as you "might as well sit on your bum".

• lauehorn
    lauehorn Posts: 183
    Options
    creepy-willy-wonka-meme-generator-kill-me-now-29c55f.jpg

^^ THIS ^^
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Do you do any exercising? Like maybe line dance or something?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    This is an observation from being a forum-geek for over a dozen years.

You get what you give. You're continuing to focus on the negative posts and bumping this back up, while giving no indication that you read or understood any of the posts from those, like myself, who tried to explain the reason calories are added when you exercise and the importance of eating them. You might give a little "thanks to those who haven't been mean old bullies," but that's STILL giving more focus to the negative.

How about throwing a little bone to those of us who've tried to help? Some indication that what we said either made sense to you or didn't make sense to you?

Because, personally, I'm so amazed at the success I've had following the guidelines set by this site, and I want to see others have the same sort of success.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    banghead.gif

enough said....
  • frandev
    frandev Posts: 2
    Options
    I just walked 3 miles fast and I'm not going to eat the extra calories. Ate a Quizno.....bad girl.....but the walk did help. So I can sit on the sofa and watch tv!!
  • DeniseChilver
    DeniseChilver Posts: 185 Member
    Options

You get what you give. You're continuing to focus on the negative posts and bumping this back up, while giving no indication that you read or understood any of the posts from those, like myself, who tried to explain the reason calories are added when you exercise and the importance of eating them. You might give a little "thanks to those who haven't been mean old bullies," but that's STILL giving more focus to the negative.

How about throwing a little bone to those of us who've tried to help? Some indication that what we said either made sense to you or didn't make sense to you?

Because, personally, I'm so amazed at the success I've had following the guidelines set by this site, and I want to see others have the same sort of success.

^^^^^
    Can't help but agree, sorry, but I've read most of this post and have found some really helpful positive information, so I thank everyone who took the time to explain :flowerforyou:
  • rockinsue285
    Options

yes I intend to continue with my exercise plan
    no I dont intend to eat back all my cals but will eat extra should I feel hungry enough to and certainly if a party or other special occasion would not feel guilty or deprive myself one bit
    I will however take on board those polite and reasonable comments but totally dis regard anyone who has bullied me on here as if they can bully then their comments account for nothing.
    if you read I have infact thanked those who have been sticking to the advice rather than add sarky comments and childish pictures
    At the end of the day what works for some may not work for others
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    i stopped reading after "what is the point"

nothing good can come of a post that starts with that kind of negativity
  • rockinsue285
    Options

^^^^^
    Can't help but agree, sorry, but I've read most of this post and have found some really helpful positive information, so I thank everyone who took the time to explain :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.