How did every 1 gain weight

Options

Replies

• auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I became Jabba the Sloth and stopped working out and continued eating **** and drinking soda.

I gained 50 lbs in two months. At my heaviest I was 272 lbs.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    recovering from EDNOS.
    and then developing a binge disorder.
    depression
    falling in love
    moving 100 miles away from everyone i knew
    to start college
    oh an :smokin:
  • burkea2
    burkea2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I gained weight growing up, gradually. I became addicted to food and followed a very sedentary lifestyle. It got to the point where I was considered obese. After dropping sixty pounds I now work hard to keep the weight off, and don't let myself get back to the point I was at. I'm trying my best to stay on the right track!
  • reggiepe
    reggiepe Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I was always considered chubby. When I got a job out of high school that had me outdoors all of the time and physically working I started losing weight and looking fit. I was able to eat what I wanted as I naturally worked it off. 17 years later I get a desk job and continued to eat the same way. I got lazy and started pouring on the pounds. Over a 10 year period I gained about 120 lbs. My health slowly deteriorated....High Blood pressure, Sleep apnea, borderline diabetes. The doc asked me at a visit in early February if I needed help. I told him I did in fact need someone to work with me. He set me up with a friend of his that runs a weight loss clinic. I saw him on February 29th. He schooled me in how my body is working right now and what I can do to start reeling it back in and getting my health back in order. March 1st, I started here and it has been a great learning experience. This place and the tutoring from my Doctor is helping me immensely. I go see him tomorrow afternoon and weigh in with him after a two week stint here. I have not gone near a scale since I was weighed by him two weeks ago. He will also go over my diary and show me what may need adjusted. I am actually excited to go see him tomorrow.
  • lr8812
    lr8812 Posts: 111
    Options
    Got a job that offered free food, beverages and pastries. I went from 170-ish to over 200. Eventually I came here, corrected that issue and I'm in better shape now than ever. Hmm.
  • Bethee101
    Bethee101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Babies, marriage and happy comfort food. I was a happy fat person and my husband and I loved good food! Unfortunately I gained weight and he stayed small... (must be nice!!)
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    i made a huge pile of money before the crash and had the best everything. on weekends i had a chef come over to cook lunch and dinner for all of my friends. it was awesome. the best restaurants, front row tickets to the timberwolves. life was grand.
  • sooty1munchkin
    Options
    I was having a really tough time at work with a previous manager and some not so subtle bullying.... I turned to food for comfort to help pick up my mood and ended up gaining around 20lbs. I was addicted to sugar at night to help with the moods and being tired, and during the day at work I wasnt able to have proper breaks so I was eating high carb convienance food (if anything at all)

I tried dieting before while it was all going on, with zero success.

Now it's all over and done with, I've been able to concentrate on me again and getting both my mental and physical self healthy!
  • eattherude
    eattherude Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    When I was 12 I got incredibly ill....the kind of ill where my mum was just pleased I was eating regardless of what it was...the treatment was very long and I was really ill during that time so I didn't exactly do much exercise....just never really tried to lose any of the weight I put on until now....
  • naughtia1978
    Options
    I love food, I have always had problems managing it! It seems I can be good for a very long time, and then I cheat once and everything goes to crap!
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Lazy. Hit 40, metabolism slowed down but my eating didn't. I am 6'5" and got to 230, which isn't bad, but I had enough of getting fatter. Cholesterol was creeping up to.

Joined a gym, stopped eating crap, and lost 22 pounds. Hope to drop a few more, but I'm ok where I'm at now. Cholesterol is back to normal, and I feel amazeballs!
  • EarthMuffin2012
    EarthMuffin2012 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started working nights. Packed on 15 pounds. Trying to figure out an eating schedule was different and what types of meals to bring to work. With this site, and Jillian Michael's program, I've lost 11 pounds. Also, fitting in at least 7 hours of sleep a day is importants. Working nights affects one's cortisol levels which affects metabolism, which affects weight.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Master's Thesis=Stress+Sitting at a computer+Grilled Cheese Sandwiches+Packaged Cookies (I never ate that badly before but I never wrote a dissertation before!)

Didn't help that I was doing lentils, and the fact that I was slightly undercooking them on a regular basis meant I was giving myself food poisoning on a regular basis, and that when I figured that out, I switched away from the lentils as food...
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I broke my leg and was bed ridden and non weight bearing for 6 months!! I maintained my weight throughout the healing process but once I was up and walking again I picked back up my fork! I was very active before my injury. I was a zumba instructor, I rode horses, I groomed and mucked a 8 horse barn AND was a full time student and worked a part time retail job.

I am just now starting to become more active again. My ankle still blows up but I just push though it.
  • ajl93
    ajl93 Posts: 22
    Options
    i come from a spanish family and i can't resist spanish food
    I've been swimming my whole life
    also when i get bored i tend to snack no on the most healthy things
    when i was in 7th grade i weighed 170
    then sophomore year high school i became anorexic and i went down to 145 in a matter of months
    then when i started eating again senior year i gained weight and was at 155
    I'm now in college and fighting to stay down...i quite swimming everyday...its my second semester and i now weigh 160
    i want to learn how to eat healthier

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE YOU CAN DO IT

SI, PODEMOS!!!
  • Sidonas
    Sidonas Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Fibromyalgia. Gained 30 pounds in about 2 months.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I stopped playing so many sports and kept eating the same.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Ladies, ladies, ladies. Having kids is not what made you fat. Being pregnant is not what made you fat. Eating too much and not getting exercising is what made you fat. You just did it WHILE being pregnant.

I am so tired of people telling me I dont look like I had kids because I am not fat. Having kids does not equal being fat. Bad food choices and lack of exercise is what makes people gain weight. I made good choices and didnt have to lose weight that wasn't necessary to gain while pregnant.
  • mkayb1
    mkayb1 Posts: 21
    Options
    I was raised on fried bologna sandwhiches, chicken nuggets and french fries. If I saw a vegetable growing up it was buried under breading and deep-fried...
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i love junk food and im Very lazy..