what color is your natural hair?

Options

Replies

• Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    From a distance I appear to have dark blonde hair. Up close you will see Blonde, Red, Brown, Black, and even White hairs on the top of my head... This is all natural. I have dyed my hair before, but not in about 4 years.
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to call it exactly. A little bit darker than golden brown?
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I'm a dirty blonde. ;D

That sounds sexy.
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Naturally jet black >.<
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm naturally blonde. So blonde in fact that in the summer it looks a whitish. I have done pretty much everything to my hair. I keep it dark brown with a red tint. Here is an example of pretty much doing everything to my hair...
    http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u275/TwIzTiDeAd/Amy/009.jpg
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Lightish brown - lighter in summer when it gets the sun... but getting lighter all the time as I get more and more grey hairs.
    I've dyed it many variations of red, auburn etc but I cut it short a few months ago, so I'm being brave and leaving it to see what happens as it grows a little.
  • sarahbeth73
    Options
    i'm a hairstylist, so i change it up, usually, but have been pretty attached to black with fire engine red chunks :)
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Naturally, I'm a mousy brown, about a 6N. Currently I use a demi in 4A - that comes out a medium ash brown that compliments my skin tone and grey eyes.

I've been the range of natural colors from black to blazing red and several shades of blonde from honey to almost white. Loved the platinum but a friend made me swear never to do that again. :( I used manic panic on my bleach job when it was growing out so I had purple and blue tips for a while.
    I've never done highlights- I had a 'frosting' done in high school that, along with a perm turned me off them ever since.
  • anna_love
    anna_love Posts: 177
    Options
    I was born !! With blonde hair !! Then I start"d growing up and it was always light brown after (:
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I was blonde when I was like 5... but now it's brown.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    My natural color is dirty blond. But I've been dying it interesting bright colors since I was 12.
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what my natural color is.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    dark, dark brown. I've never colored/dyed it. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. When you say you color your hair do you have someone do it or do it yourself most of the time? What advice would you give to someone who has never tried to?
  • idesam10
    idesam10 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    auburn. I can't go to the hair salon without being asked if it is my natural hair color.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    lets just say the curtains no longer match the carpet !
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    natural - red (have been going natural since 2005!)
    winter - closer to a auburn
    summer - closer to strawberry blonde

If I had naturally red hair I would NEVER EVER EVER dye it. I have major jealousy of red heads...mostly because I could never even dye my hair that shade without looking ridiculous (seeing as I'm brown).

I've always said that if I had natural red hair, I would NEVER dye it. Red hair is so pretty!

as for the hot factor, that's true, too! Hot redheads are hard to come by!
    yea, when i was in middle school i tried dying it blonde... BIG MISTAKE... and my mom still made me go to school :grumble: BUT i used to hate my hair color, till i went natural for locks of love. then i was told my natural hair color was a color people would "die for", also i found out that hot red heads were hard to find...

Question for the natural red heads: All the red heads that I have encountered have had a strange hair texture, kinda like a wire-haired dachshund, and I was wondering if that was an individual attribute or if it's all red heads? Keep in mind, I've known probably only 3 red heads, so I know that it very well could be individual, but I was curious.

actually me and 1 one of my sisters are redheads and she has that texture of hair. i was born a strawberry blonde and as i aged (and dyed my hair) my hair became a bit darker so my hair is soft, thick, and totally red! (thank god!)

My hair strands are really thick and whenever I don't put any smoothing serum it's really frizzy. Other than that, not too many problems. I do have some cousins and omg I wouldn't wish that hair texture on anyone!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    dark, dark brown. I've never colored/dyed it. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. When you say you color your hair do you have someone do it or do it yourself most of the time? What advice would you give to someone who has never tried to?
    I dye my own but use salon-quality hair color. Boxed kits like you buy at the grocery or drug store can be good but hardly anyone will get the color on the box. I stay away from them now after a few bad experiences.

If your hair is dark brown you'll likely pull more red/orange (brassy) if you lighten it yourself. If you've never done it I'd suggest just going to your hairdresser or a friend with experience and having them put a few highlights and/or lowlights (darker color) in. Chances are even that small change will seem big to you until you get used to it.

Ask them if they recommend using a Balayage technique- it produces highlights that grow out more naturally than other techniques, in case you decide it was too much.

*not a hairdresser. I just play one on tv. :)
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm strawberry blonde and my profile pic is my natural hair color...dyed it medium brown a couple years ago and didn't like it, so after it grew out I tried some reddish highlights, which I liked, but most people couldn't really tell because I tend to have some reddish highlights in my hair naturally. It was a new experience, but one I'll probably never repeat...maintenance costs just aren't quite worth it lol
  • Emabo
    Emabo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    <--- The same as my photo shows, red.
  • LatinaButterfly
    LatinaButterfly Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    <
    Natural Brunette. :)