has anyone here lost weight without having a gym membership?

Options

Replies

• PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Lost 18 lbs eating by MFP's standards (and eating my exercise calories) and using Your Shape Fitness Evolved (both first and 2012 one)
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    For me, a gym membership is a waste of money. I workout from home. I use free online resources...such as bodyrock.tv and ZWOW (youtube) for some great workout routines. I go running outside. I do stair climbing. I ride my stationary bike.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I got rid of my frontal buttocks by working out at home. No gym, ever ever. I've been to hotel fitness rooms and if a gym has that same type of atmosphere, no way. Plus I can't afford it right now.
    I do bodyrock.tv workouts most of the time. I work out 6 days a week and went from a 34-35" waist to 25". I also have a treadmill when I want to mix things up or I run at my local park.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I don't have the extra money to do a gym membership. I just do videos and sometimes make out my own routines to do while watching TV. I work with free weights alot and on nice days go for a long walk/jog
  • Inspiredambition
    Inspiredambition Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :wink: I cant always get to the gym, so I do stuff at home.....workout dvd's, dance around the house, stretch and stuff like that. Im well on my way....you dont need the gym to get to your goals...it just helps. But the motivation comes from within. Good luck!
  • DorothyR87
    DorothyR87 Posts: 113
    Options
    I have lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks by changing my eating habits and going on a few walks. I think there are plenty of exercises you can do outside or at home for little to no cost. I would try that before going for the gym membership.
  • DenisePenland
    Options
    when i lost weight before i only did WWs and walked 10,000 steps everyday. Lost 40 pounds in 6 months
  • stewiejrt
    stewiejrt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have lost 30 pounds since June 11. I walk 2-3 miles a day. We have an elliptical at home but I only use it when the weather is really bad. I also have hand weights and the 30 Day Shred. My neighbor loves the Leslie Walking CD's. You can do it!!
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    My first 15 lbs or so came off just from eating at a cal deficit, and running outside.

If you have the drive, you will find a way!
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 lbs, and no gym. I changed my eating habits and walked A LOT.
  • ShandaLeigh
    ShandaLeigh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    no gym membership here. i lost 30 pound last jan-april by using an elliptical and doin crunches every night and eating right! i gained 25 of them back this winter and now i lost it again by eating right i have barely done any exercise this time the weight just fell off. drink the right amount of water and dont eat late . i eat no later then 7 and im in bed by 9 :)
  • ltosoni
    ltosoni Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a gym membership in 10 years, I always workout at home, I use bodyrock.tv, you don't need a gym to get in great shape!!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    No gym here! Although, I think it'd be more motivating, but yes I've lost some weight working out at home.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I do both. I workout at home to dvds then hit the gym. I can't workout 5 days a week at home because I won't workout in front of my husband in this small living room with him sitting on the computer staring at me..makes me feel weird. The gym is my escape for an hour and half each day 6 days to get out of the house. I put on my music and forget the world!
  • ncole3
    ncole3 Posts: 164
    Options
    Yes. I lost lots of weights walking outside and doing workout videos/DVDs at home.
  • reashamoriba
    reashamoriba Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I lost the first 60 pounds working out at home and now I have joined the "Y" and to lose the next 120 to tone and for the classes they offer. Plus my kids love the "Y".
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    All of my weight has been lost doing workout DVD's at home & eating better. But, it's all about what works for you and would keep you motivated.
  • alyssaanagram
    Options
    I'm definitely the type of person that needs the gym atmosphere - I'm too distracted at home!

Most gyms will give you a few days as a free trial - I suggest doing that with as many gyms in your area (you could get as much as 2 months free out of it if you go from gym to gym each week haha). That way you'll know if it works for you without paying yet!
  • Falling_star
    Falling_star Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    ive lost 44 ib i go to zumba once a week but that is pay as i go then i just do work out dvds at home, it can be done if you cannot afford it you just have to have the motivation.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I've lost 9 lbs from eating well and doing TurboFire, definitely don't need a gym!