DO ALL MEN!! WORRY ABOUT WOMEN WEIGHT

Options
regina2063
regina2063 Posts: 203 Member
TO ALL!!
DO ALL MEN WORRY ABOUT WOMEN WEIGHT AND WHY....You tell us that we are beautiful...but if we gain weight or have a baby...then you dont treat us the same anymore ....WHY?

Replies

• SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I wanna know, too
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I think it's the men you have. I have been with my husband for 25 years (married for 23). When he met me I weighed 108 pounds. Throughout our marriage I have had 4 children and obviously my weight has been up and down. At my highest point I was just over 200 pounds. I currently hover between 135 and 140. My husband has never treated me any differently no matter what my weight was. If they truly love you, they aren't going to treat you different whether your fat or skinny.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    That may be your man, but it's not men. Don't blame all of us for the actions of whatever insensitive *kitten* you're with. Wise up and start choosing better partners.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I agree with Brett. Not *all* men are like this...and it's not just men...women do it to men too.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    That may be your man, but it's not men. Don't blame all of us for the actions of whatever insensitive *kitten* you're with. Wise up and start choosing better partners.

Preach it!
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    Do all men do anything the same?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    Because they're a jerk. Not all men, that one.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Only if she's on top
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    TO ALL!!
    DO ALL MEN WORRY ABOUT WOMEN WEIGHT AND WHY....You tell us that we are beautiful...but if we gain weight or have a baby...then you dont treat us the same anymore ....WHY?

I've known both types. Some men are obsessed with this, others are not. My husband doesn't care and doesn't judge me by what I weigh. He's treated me the same through all the different weights I've been.

A friend of mine who is a guy happens to feel differently. He thinks a woman who is overweight doesn't take care of herself well enough. He wants someone who will take care of herself. He doesn't judge women for what they weigh, but won't date a woman who is overweight.

Others I've known just seems to have only one body type they like. Not all men are the same.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options

Amen.

If your man treats you differently based on your weight, dtmfa.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I swear it is not you. Its me. I'm sorry.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Do all men do anything the same?

Poop?
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

Seriously. How you are treated is the direct result of the quality of man you choose. If you can't find a man of quality stay single.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    It's definately the men you're with. My husband has treated me exactly the same from day 1 (12 years ago), throughout having 2 kids, and today and when I weighed 20 lbs than I do now. He loves me no matter what weight I am and when I lose weight, it's because I want to...not because HE wants me to or treats me any different.

And actually he always tells me I have a beautiful body, which makes it less than motivating to try to impress him! LOL
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't worry about my weight. He doesn't treat me differently when I'm overweight vs. skinny (the sex is better when I'm skinny but I think that is my own self confidence not him)....
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options

She probably stuffed the better partners into the "friend category."
  • garita93
    garita93 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I think it's the men you have. I have been with my husband for 25 years (married for 23). When he met me I weighed 108 pounds. Throughout our marriage I have had 4 children and obviously my weight has been up and down. At my highest point I was just over 200 pounds. I currently hover between 135 and 140. My husband has never treated me any differently no matter what my weight was. If they truly love you, they aren't going to treat you different whether your fat or skinny.

^^This! Almost exactly the same for me. Weighted what my goal weight is now when my husband & I first got together. He has loved me through thick & thin no matter what!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Have you stayed 100 % the same or do you act and treat him different too?
  • KJVBear33
    KJVBear33 Posts: 628
    Options
    Okay.......first, I have to say to Snake Darling, your pup is ADORABLE!!! What breed is he/she and her/his name?

On topic: I think that its not just men.........its everyone. We aren't in tune with getting to know a person first before any judgements take place. Therefore our looks--face and body-wise are our "in" even if we don't want to do that nor want that to happen to us.

If someone treats you differently because you either gain/lose weight......or whatever it might be, then they should not be the one for you. If you feel like you are being treated differently by someone, tell them and ask them why, if they deny it and you still feel like they are doing it, its up to you to decide whether or not you should stay with the person. If they fully admit to it, then thats when you ought to talk about it and how it makes you feel. If they can't change the way they treat you, then everyone here is correct in saying that you need to dump them on their *kitten* and wait for someone else to come along that's going to be more sensitive to you and that will treat you with dignity and respect.

But that is just me and how I feel.........
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    TO ALL!!
    Actually it goes both ways. Some women aren't as compassionate about sex anymore after having a child. Some females think it's about how they look and are embarrassed to be naked in front of their husbands after having gained weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition