men and women

Options

Replies

• Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    my head hurts

At least yours just hurts. Mine exploded.
  • kantone999
    kantone999 Posts: 174
    Options
    Do you have other friends? If not, you need to make some. How about moms of kids your daughter's age? You automatically have at least one thing in common.

It's NEVER a good idea to make one person your sole source of friendship, entertainment, etc. It's just too much of a burden for anyone, no matter how much they love you. Get some more people in your life and you won't be so tempted to call him all the time.

As for trust, if he hasn't given you a reason to distrust him, you just have to keep reminding yourself that it isn't HIS behavior that's a problem. It's yours. It's not easy to trust, especially if you've been hurt or disappointed before but the quickest way to repeat the past is to keep brining it into the present.

When you find yourself picking up the phone after one check-in, call someone else. Go for a walk. Play a game with your little one. The best way to break a habit is to replace it with another one.

Good luck!
  • Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    The replies here are intentionally cruel without any trace of genuine concern or interest in this woman's predicament. She asked for help and admitted to something, so you shame her? That kind of attitude is what leads people to give up on self-improvement. I thought this website's purpose was to provide support to people...

Anyway, to address the OP's concerns: There is something here causing you to act this way. Insecurity? Learned behavior? Jealousy? Past emotional trauma? Genuine distrust for a guy you know is sleazy? It would be impossible for anyone else to say why without wild speculation. Only you can really figure out why after much introspection. Regardless of why it will take baby steps toward what you want to achieve. There is no "fix" and there is no "one solution". You're going to have to work for it. You'll take a step, then fail miserably, then try again, then be successful for a while, then fail even more miserably than ever before. Communicate with your partner, seek professional assistance, talk to your friends or family, pick up a new hobby. Be mindful to make yourself the woman you want to be to make you the happiest for yourself.
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    LadySnox did it mention anything about weight loss in that post. This is supposed to be about weight loss support not Oprah
  • greenbubblegum
    greenbubblegum Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Are you a big fan of The Jerry Springer Show and want to be a guest on the stage? Click here or call the show at 1-800-96-JERRY
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    My husband and I met on a fluke, dated 7 days and he proposed. I was 19, he was 30. There was NO WAY we should have had anything in common or any way we'd stay together. But we did. We'll be celebrating our 19th wedding anniversary in June. And the cornerstone of our relationship has been this: He waited until he was 30 for me. I was old enough to stick with a decision at 19. If either of us is going to go anywhere for anyone else, we're gonna do it despite (or maybe because of) all the nagging from the other one. There isn't one ounce of jealousy or mistrust between us. We stay together because we wanna stay together, but the door's open if one of us wants to leave. There is, however, a caveat. If you leave, you ain't never coming back. Wouldn't you rather him to want to come home to a loving partner, rather than dread coming home to a nagging shrew? If you don't get it together, you're gonna drive him away anyway.
  • bigd65
    Options
    2 posts up she is talking about concern for the op but goes on to ask if the guy is a sleez. 1-800-Jerry is correct
  • kantone999
    kantone999 Posts: 174
    Options
    LadySnox did it mention anything about weight loss in that post. This is supposed to be about weight loss support not Oprah

If her insecurity causes her to overeat to make herself feel better, the connection to weight loss is obvious.
  • bigd65
    Options
    first line THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MFP
  • creative1981
    creative1981 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    The narrator voice in my head when I read this sounded like Chip or Dale on some really good speed....

Now THAT made my head explode.
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    Advil anyone?
    Yes please
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    my head hurts

this. I made it through 2 lines and gave up.

It took me 5 attempts to get through this. Our schools suck.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    first line THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MFP
    THAT'S PROBABLY WHY IT'S IN THE CHIT-CHAT FORUM
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    While everyone else has a hard on about the punctuation in this post, all I'm doing is jumping up and down, pointing, and screaming 'She said, St. Patty's Day. She said, St. Patty's Day!"
  • theleftie
    theleftie Posts: 366
    Options
    While everyone else has a hard on about the punctuation in this post, all I'm doing is jumping up and down, pointing, and screaming 'She said, St. Patty's Day. She said, St. Patty's Day!"

I <3 you!!! (Especially when you jump up and down....)
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    my head hurts

This.

This squared

I'll just add this is the longest sentence I've ever seen.
  • cuatromommy
    cuatromommy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I also had a hard time reading this, but I do have a bit of advice. And...the advice is for your own sanity. Quit trying to be his mom. In the long run you will end up losing your mind if you continue to play that roll. Be a Man AND a Woman...have your own lives and your lives together. Just be a mother to the toddler.
  • Freax
    Freax Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    too many run on sentences and not enough punctuation and i couldn't even get through enough to help out because my eyes hurt and it doesn't make sense without capital letters punctuation not going to be able to figure out what you want to know so i can't help sorry
    I see what you did there. :laugh:
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    too many run on sentences and not enough punctuation and i couldn't even get through enough to help out because my eyes hurt and it doesn't make sense without capital letters punctuation not going to be able to figure out what you want to know so i can't help sorry

Same here. I really want to help, I just did not understand what was going on.
    She said that she's been with this guy for almost 5 years and they have a child, and he's never shown any signs of cheating. He is visiting someone out of town and wants to go out for St. Patrick's Day, and she's freaking out and angry because he doesn't have concrete plans on where he will be going, even though she wants to do exactly the same thing.

Wow.. thank you for interpreting..lol. I was so confused!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    It is difficult to follow but what it sounds like is that any time he is away from you you are badgering him as to where he is and who he is with.
    You admit to going places without him and enjoying your time.

Now he has asked the same of you as to where you are going and with whom and it has made you angry.
    On top of that you are attempting to rationalize away the obvious hypocrisy.

There is an easy answer,you know what it is but doubt you are ready to yet but here it goes...

I could just tell you to stop doing it but that is pointless,you will not.
    What you have to do is some real soul searching as to who you are and if that is a person that deserves to have his love.
    It is clear to me that you are not putting him or his happiness equal to or above your own,in short you are being childishly selfish.
    Sorry to be blunt but I think it is what you will understand right now.

Look in a mirror and ask yourself if you would want to be with you.