DO ALL MEN!! WORRY ABOUT WOMEN WEIGHT

Options

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    As long as I can pick her up, throw her on the bed so I can make the sweaty, sweaty, I'm good
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    As long as I can pick her up, throw her on the bed so I can make the sweaty, sweaty, I'm good

That sounds like something my hubby would say!!! :laugh:
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'm about 55kg (I think that's 8.5 stone or sth?) with a height of 169cm (could be about 5'7") and my boyfriend's absolutly not satisfied with my body :(

Yes, I'm wabbly around my tighs, but I'm working on it, and my boyfriend is always like "u look good, but u could look so much better" ~ he tells me that he wants to motivate me, but really, I just feel miserable :(

(I mean, how could a girl feel comfortable around a guy who isn't absolutely amazed by your body?)
    Oh, sweetie. The first *boy* I married was like this. After I had his baby (and was about 15-20 lbs heavier), he began cheating on me, was physically abusive, and I left. No, I didn't get huge or "let myself go"--I was constantly exercising and dieting. But I was underweight when we got married, and I was at a normal, healthy weight after I had the baby. Looking back at pictures of myself then, I was beautiful! But all I could see in the mirror were flaws...because he pointed them all out to me.

Fast forward to today. I've been married for 12 years to a MAN, and we have had 5 children together in those 12 years. I accumulated about 50 pounds from those pregnancies, and never once he make a mean comment about my weight. Never did I catch him gawking at some other woman, much less comparing me to anyone else. He continued buying me chocolate treats, holding my hand in public, leaving me love notes where I would find them when he was gone...

I will be honest and say that there was a season in our marriage when I felt like he was no longer attracted to me. In my insecurity, I believed it was because I was fat and unattractive. But he maintained that it wasn't about my appearance as much as it was about our relationship; we had some stressors in our lives, had drifted apart, weren't spending time together, and weren't communicating. And because I felt bad about the way I looked, I abandoned the pretty undergarments and nighties I used to wear, wasn't teasing him like I used to tease...you get the picture. Once we reconnected and began working on our relationship, and once I began taking good care of myself and FELT better...well, the attraction came back (and then some!!!)
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Some of us worry about punctuation & grammar in thread titles.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Some of us worry about punctuation & grammar in thread titles.

/swoon
  • Huggenkiss27
    Options
    My man doesn't worry about my weight. I've put on over 20 pounds since we've met and he likes me with the extra curves and softness. He thinks that a woman should be soft and cuddly but I'm not a teddy bear so I'm losing weight for my benefit!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm wabbly around my tighs, but I'm working on it, and my boyfriend is always like "u look good, but u could look so much better" ~ he tells me that he wants to motivate me, but really, I just feel miserable :(

Who wants to be miserable all the time, knowing in the back of their mind their partner is not satisfied with their appearance??? So many guys out there would just be greatful to get to SEE those thighs (and what's attached to them). If this were me, I would run.

*Oh wait, this WAS me.*

I am sooooo glad I never have to go through another Valentines day hearing how I would have got chocolates but hubby didn't want to make me fatter. What's a shame is that, excluding times of pregnancy, I'm heavier NOW than I was when we were married!

Never again will I partner with someone who makes me feel bad about my appearance. I dated one guy who criticized me for a powerade after every long run (I was training for a marathon), "If you'd stop drinking so much sugar you could lose so much weight." I couldn't drop him fast enough.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    TO ALL!!
    DO ALL MEN WORRY ABOUT WOMEN WEIGHT AND WHY....You tell us that we are beautiful...but if we gain weight or have a baby...then you dont treat us the same anymore ....WHY?
    Actually it goes both ways. Some women aren't as compassionate about sex anymore after having a child. Some females think it's about how they look and are embarrassed to be naked in front of their husbands after having gained weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

ME!!!! This is ME!!!!!
  • PlasticPsycho
    Options

Who wants to be miserable all the time, knowing in the back of their mind their partner is not satisfied with their appearance??? So many guys out there would just be greatful to get to SEE those thighs (and what's attached to them). If this were me, I would run.

*Oh wait, this WAS me.*

I am sooooo glad I never have to go through another Valentines day hearing how I would have got chocolates but hubby didn't want to make me fatter. What's a shame is that, excluding times of pregnancy, I'm heavier NOW than I was when we were married!

Never again will I partner with someone who makes me feel bad about my appearance. I dated one guy who criticized me for a powerade after every long run (I was training for a marathon), "If you'd stop drinking so much sugar you could lose so much weight." I couldn't drop him fast enough.

Good you got rid of them :)
    But you probably know that when it's about feelings you can't just let the other one go ~
    He is a great boyfriend besides, he just has no idea of how to talk to a girl :'D
    Gonna just ignore him ~ I am exercising, not for him, but for me :)
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Not all men are like that. My husband is seriously in love with me no matter what I weigh. That is why it pays to be with someone who loves you vs a douchbag.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Good you got rid of them :)
    But you probably know that when it's about feelings you can't just let the other one go ~
    He is a great boyfriend besides, he just has no idea of how to talk to a girl :'D
    Gonna just ignore him ~ I am exercising, not for him, but for me :)

- It took a LOT of other misdoings to undo my marriage, so I understand not letting go
    - but now, the minute I feel disrespected or belittled I cross the man off the "possible permanent" list, no matter how great they are or how much fun we've had up to that point (when they aren't making me feel like dirt). Eleanor Roosevelt said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent," and that's true, but I'm not going to spend my life fighting people who are constantly trying.
    - Glad he's a great boyfriend besides... if you feel like he's not belittling you (but rather just poorly communicating) then good for you having a great boyfriend. :-)
  • alidaroxana12
    Options
    i asked my boyfriend to tell me if i ever started gaining weight. well i have gained about 30 lbs and this is the first time he has ever said anything. i am 5'4 and 182 lbs. he said my stomach looked fat but that he still loves me. he compliments me daily, but it is still hard to here. he encourages me to go to the gym and packs me healthy lunches but tonight he wanted to order pizza!! men.... they are so funny. he did what i asked him to do, kept his promise. i know he loves me either way, but i am very uncomfortable with this extra weight so it is a bit of a reality check. it is hard to hear criticism but it is a motivation. it is about myself and him, but it is about me first and foremost. i have more fun when i am thin... i have a ton of great clothes in my smaller sizes... i don't fit into them. i don't feel like i look all that bad but my clothes speak the truth!!
  • alidaroxana12
    Options
    amen! sounds like my situation
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    If we are being honest to a certain degree yes. I can't say all men but most men I know do. Granted having a baby and other life issues adds weight to a woman's body. It is inevitable that the woman you met and had children with is not going to remain the same weight ever again (in most but not all cases). That said a woman does not have to let herself completely go after a child and just give in completely to the weight gain. Work out. Eat right. Do the things you did before the baby.

I'm not saying you need to get down to 110, 120, 140 or whatever. Just care about yourself enough to get in the best shape you can once again. It is important for you and your family. I'm going to keep it real. Too often I see women who feel like I got him now (either married or been together forever) and have his baby. He ain't going nowhere no matter how I look now. What changed from when you were being sought after by him and wanted to look your best?

Granted, I understand all the responses from the women whose man loves them no matter how much they weigh now. That's beautiful. I, however, implore you to ask your man to truthfully tell you if he wishes you dropped a pound or two and got in better shape if you are no longer in shape. You want your man to look and feel his best right? Why not give him the same instead of making all these statements that he loves me just the way I am? Really? Ask him and tell him to be honest. Many times he is afraid to tell you for fear of hurting your feelings.

More importantly, why are you on this site if you are not concerned about your weight and overall health? Too often men and women make excuses about their weight and health such as I'm "big boned it." If you have children it is really important to stay in the best shape possible to enjoy and be there for them for years to come and hopefully run after your grandchildren some day.

Finally, as a wise brother said in an earlier post, it does matter when you are on top! Real talk.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Not all men are like that. I was always chubby through my teenage years and my man still thought I was beautiful. Now that I am getting into shape, he's proud of me but says he's always thought I was beautiful... In fact, just a few months ago, I got a lecture for criticizing my body!
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Not all men are this way. My hubby loves me and my body no matter my size :-) I guess I'm one of the lucky ones!!!! <3
  • lovetobethin86
    lovetobethin86 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't worry about my weight. He doesn't treat me differently when I'm overweight vs. skinny (the sex is better when I'm skinny but I think that is my own self confidence not him)....

I was going to say that maybe its because your confidence goes down if you weigh more and he can sense that?? I know if I'm heavier mine goes down and I am less open with him then...in bed, in small clothes etc..so maybe he doesn't want to hurt your feelings? Either that or he is a jerk lol.I've seen lots of them on tv
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    nope.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I think it's the men you have. I have been with my husband for 25 years (married for 23). When he met me I weighed 108 pounds. Throughout our marriage I have had 4 children and obviously my weight has been up and down. At my highest point I was just over 200 pounds. I currently hover between 135 and 140. My husband has never treated me any differently no matter what my weight was. If they truly love you, they aren't going to treat you different whether your fat or skinny.

I must be lucky too, my boyfriend didn't mind when I gained weight, doesn't mind that I have lost it or that I want to lose more. He is happy just to date me.
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I could take your man off your hands. I need something to throw darts at.:bigsmile: