One phrase that people say that make you CRAZY!

Options

Replies

• HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    "FML" I hate that ... Really here's a gun eat a bullet!

THIS TOO! Especially when referring to stuff like "FML big exam tomorrow," "FML I just ate way too much peanut butter" WHAT?

I feel old...don't even know what FML means....

It means F**k my life.

Wow...that is annoying when there are such huge problems in the world that an exam or overeating shouldn't be such a huge issue. Life is such a blessing, which is the largest thing I've learned from my healthy journey (which is far from over)
    I think all of you are taking those three little letter out of context. I doubt anyone is actually comparing their exam to a car bombing in the Middle East. FML is in the same category as "I hate Mondays". But what do I know, I only live on the internet.

I'm sure you live more than just on the internet :) (If you're on MFP that is)

I think small things like this desensitize and wear down the fabric of our society....slowly.

I'm also a huge proponet of 1st ammendment rights, so this is IMHO regarding the effects of such speach ...not saying it should be outlawed or anything (Hope IMHO isn't a phrase that drives people crazy :) )
    All my "friends" are internet people. And internet people aren't real. It's all just an AI system set up to ruin my life. I have no social life. So yes, I live on the internet. None of you people are real!
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    Why do people say: "I know, right?" That doesn't mike sense.....

LOL. I hate that one. Especailly when 40 and 50 year olds say it. I expect a 13 year old to say it because 13 year olds are idiots. But, i don't expect actual adults to walk around saying, "I know, right?"

I used to argue with our teenage daughters about how stupid this is & how it makes no sense & then soon after, EVERYONE is saying it!!!! Can't stand to hear it come out of adults mouths!!!!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    heee hee. There are some people have said on here that bug me too. I have a few:

The one my mom says is "They say...". WHO says that mom? WHO? ha ha. I tell her every time and she just tells me to shut up.

"It's not uncommon" - just say it's common.

The ones that REALLY tick me off are "when I was your age" or any variation of that like "you're too young to be ___" or "you shouldn't be ___ you're too young for that" or "wait until you're _____" and "wait until you have kids THEN ______" ARGH it boils my blood just thinking about it and I mentally slap everyone that spews that garbage at my face.
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    When people say "Whatever..." when they´re about to loose an argument.

Heh. I say Whatever to my husband when he has just lost an argument but won't stop trying to prove his point. It really means "I am right, you are wrong and the more you annoy me the more 'in trouble' you will be." And he knows it.
  • MelLouBro
    MelLouBro Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    "You're not fat. You're beautiful!"

No, dear, I'm fat! I'm over 50 pounds larger than I should be. WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU CALL IT?! Being beautiful has nothing to do with it. Don't lie to me. I'm fat!
  • Kristiina67
    Kristiina67 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    When someone gives their 110% -- where does that extra 10% come from?
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    My favorite, I don't hate this one, because I use it and it totally works is, " I'm just sayin..." That phrase has gotten me out of so many jams. Like me saying, "That's so f'ing gay", gay person gets all offended, and I say, "I'm just sayin'..." Totally diffuses everything. At least, in my mind. LOL.
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    "You people..."

Stick a fork in my eye - please
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    "I could care less" IT'S COULDN'T!! COULDN'T!! IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO SAY COULD!

Expert on subject - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

Ignore him after the could care bit though, even I think he takes it a bit far with the hold the fort things xD

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
  • april1126
    april1126 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    recently my daughter started saying WHATEVER for everything I hate that
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    "Just Sayin" I am sick sick sick of tht phrase!:grumble:
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    "That's legit" or any variation thereof. "I bought some legit shoes." etc. The word was cool like four years ago among skaters but it's been taken over by annoying people across the grid. Also applicable to "boss."

Whenever I argue with my sister (or whenever she argues with anyone) she tries to end it by saying "Oh my god, okay. Okay. Okay! Okay oh my god." over and over and over. It makes me so mad.

"How you lookin'" and "How you soundin'" are bad too.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    "I could care less" IT'S COULDN'T!! COULDN'T!! IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO SAY COULD!

Expert on subject - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

Ignore him after the could care bit though, even I think he takes it a bit far with the hold the fort things xD

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I second the 'Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.'. I hate when people say 'I could care less'. Grrrr
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I cringe when I hear "My/your/his/her BAD",
    "Y'all",
    and when people are referred to as "folks", in order of which makes me cringe the most to the least.

As well, any kind of bad grammer...the worst offender being, "I seen..." when it should be "I saw..." Ugh!

And I also hate the "You should have..." My mother uses that all the time and it drives me CRAZY!!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    You look great! You don't need to lose weight... Thank you, but I do and I'd appreciate your support. Please stop offering me sweets.

"I'm sorry" when someone dies. I do it too, because I really don't know what else to say, so I get it, but really when you say "I'm sorry your mom passed" I'm forced to say "its ok" and that ticks me off. It is not ok.

lol...rant over.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    "It's God's plan. Remember that God is in control..." Etc, etc, etc.

Yes, I fully believe that God is in control. I know that it's His plan. But sometimes I DON'T need a sermon. Sometimes I just need a friend who will let me just be upset. Just for a moment would you let me be human and cry and not throw religion in my face??
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    "This Journey" pertaining to weight loss, whatever it is they do on the Bachelor/Bachelorette, any kind of life change, pregnancy, whatever. It is so overused.
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    When I had a miscarriage, then an ectopic pregnacy, everyone said, 'well it wasn't meant to be' never really helped my feelings!!

I just recently (last week) suffered a miscarriage. The thing that drove me crazy was everyone saying this, if it wasn't "mean't to be" then why in the *bleep* did I get pregnant in the first place? Wouldn't it still not have been meant to be when my husbands guys met my egg? Why did it all the sudden become "not meant to be." Sorry mini rant.
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    "OMG!" because:

1.) They usually don't believe in God
    2.) It's hyper-drama that's overused to the point that it means nothing. "OMG, I just saw the best shoes EVAR!!!111" This really makes you that excited? Truly?
    3.) They'll say the initials as if people speak text.

kk thx bb ttyl
  • jbrinda1
    jbrinda1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    How long is this marathon you're running?