One phrase that people say that make you CRAZY!

Options

Replies

• jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    How about when people say "It's not healthy to not eat meat."
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    :explode: anything with the word "retarded" or "that's so gay"...really!?!? From the gay perspective it makes me want to smack the living **** out of you and using the word "retarded" is classless and insulting to those who actually are mentally challenged. They both are downing...

In an effort to stop using the "R" word for political correctness, I have decided to call people "straight irregular" because that paradox matches the ignorance of their actions.

THIS! I hate when people throw around the word retarded and gay like nothing else. I know a girl going to school for special ed who preaches up and down how much she hates when people throw around retarded but uses gay like no tomorrow. UGHHHH
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    "can't never could"

Ahhhhhh - you are right I never could fly or lose 1000 lbs a month or whatever. Sometimes you really can say "I can't do that!" and it's not a quitter attitude!!!!

Grrr Grrr grrrrowllll:mad:
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    "Ya know??"
    OMG. My mother in law uses it every 5 words! :explode:
  • Shaz_74
    Shaz_74 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    "It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle." :sick:

I think "gay" and "retarded" are an 80's generation thing - we never used to get so offended back then. I've had to learn to bite my tongue and not use them ... but sometimes they just describe a situation so perfectly :wink:
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Why do people say: "I know, right?" That doesn't mike sense.....

my friend and I use this when quoting mean girls :D
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    "Epic", "Fail", "Epic Fail". It was cool 5 years ago when gamers used it, but now it sounds absurd when people are talking about their clothes, sports, and such.
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    "literally".

As in, "My head literally exploded!", or "I'm literally on fire it's so hot in here!".

It makes me want to punch people in the face.

literally.
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    I can't think of a particular phrase, but I hate how Kentuckians pronounce the word CRAYON. They say "crown." THIS IS WRONG!!!
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    "same difference"

i HATE that.. doesnt make any sense!
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    "how can I help you?" It's MAY people, How MAY I help you!
  • gwenguin
    gwenguin Posts: 74
    Options
    ugh... i hate it when people are listing stuff and they say

Me, Gwen, and Natalie

when they should say Gwen, Natalie and I

ummm... also i find it highly annoying when people say lolololol because it makes no sense, your supposed to only use one lol!!! ugh -.-

haha :) this is a fun game :D
  • JonGrandi88
    JonGrandi88 Posts: 137
    Options
    Do You Know The Jersey Shore Cast?..................All Summer long Philly/New Yorkers people ask me this because i work near the Jersey Shore,Like no numb nuts your at the wrong shore to even ask me that grrrrrr
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    "lol i no rite?"

Bane of English teachers worldwide.
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    when normal-skinny girls say "I'M SO FAT!" or they tell me (i'm over 150 lbs OVERWEIGHT) "you aren't fat!"

W T F??????

This! It's one thing to think of yourself as fat, but another thing to talk about it in the presence of people who weigh more than you. It's so rude.
    In an effort to stop using the "R" word for political correctness, I have decided to call people "straight irregular" because that paradox matches the ignorance of their actions.

I like that phrase ;D
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

Whoever said that is eating all the wrong foods. I would - and did - choose being overweight over giving up yummy foods.

Thankfully, I found you can be lean and still eat what you love... and it's actually a lot easier than avoiding deliciousness.
    that is absolutely what I was going to say. I had a friend that told me that several times when we were out eating, and all she got was a salad of lettuce, spinach, mushrooms, and peppers. I was full when I was done with my grilled chicken, healthy salad, and a small both of soup. She still doesn't get it.You have to eat to lose weight!
  • Lakesideretirement
    Lakesideretirement Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    DONCHA. Instead of don't you.
  • gwenguin
    gwenguin Posts: 74
    Options
    "same difference"

i HATE that.. doesnt make any sense!

agreed! and when people say "nothing" when you ask them what they are doing... because they are obviously doing something even if it is staring a wall...
  • cassavaca
    cassavaca Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people say - "Should you be eating that on your diet" - give me a break!

this really pisses me off. My husband says this ALL the time and i usually want to punch him. It makes me look like I dont know what i am doing.
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    1) "It is what it is"
    2) "To each their own" WAY overused on this site in my opinion
    3) "FML" and now all of a sudden there's "SMH" Where do people come up with this crap?