One phrase that people say that make you CRAZY!

Options

Replies

• abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Swag/Swagger, in any form, at any time, in any setting
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I hate when people, after talking about a subject (mostly politics or social issues), add:

"...but whatever, I don't care."

YES YOU DO, you just talked about it for several minutes.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    If you want to get pregnaant you should stop trying..... basicaly implying that I am doing somthign wrong and it' smy fault I haven't been able to get pregnant in the last 4 years. Try to not think about having a baby when you ae ready to have a baby is harder than trying to lose weight.
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    When I had a miscarriage, then an ectopic pregnacy, everyone said, 'well it wasn't meant to be' never really helped my feelings!!

This. Or (for the same situation) "at least you're still young."

I'm sorry what did you just say to me?

"Have you taken your medication?" also bugs the heck out of me. I'm bi-polar and a lot of the people that know me ask me this question if I'm having an off day (or a headache/stomach ache or cramp/ feeling tired/lazy). I'm having an off day because I'm human, you *kitten*, not because I'm not medicated.

I think my number one thing is ATM machine. The M in ATM stands for MACHINE!! ugh >.<
  • cassavaca
    cassavaca Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    "literally".

As in, "My head literally exploded!", or "I'm literally on fire it's so hot in here!".

It makes me want to punch people in the face.

literally.

HAHA
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I can't stand WTF. If you don't have the stones to say the whole phrase to your boss/parents/teachers/etc., don't hide behind initials.
  • darylinny
    darylinny Posts: 146
    Options
    I can't stand it when someone starts a sentence with "My, myself, personally..." :grumble:
  • gwenguin
    gwenguin Posts: 74
    Options
    when normal-skinny girls say "I'M SO FAT!" or they tell me (i'm over 150 lbs OVERWEIGHT) "you aren't fat!"

W T F??????

This! It's one thing to think of yourself as fat, but another thing to talk about it in the presence of people who weigh more than you. It's so rude.

i hate it when skinny girls in the lockeroom call me superskinny even though i (had) a bmi of 24 at the time and they are going around calling themselves fat when they are a bag of BONES.... one person came up to my friend and said... "i think i'm fat" and i was like EXCUSE ME??? look at mE!!! thanks for making me feel like crap! THE END...
  • JonGrandi88
    JonGrandi88 Posts: 137
    Options
    -LOL

( We all know your really not Laughing Out Loud so please just STOP IT!)
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    "literally".

As in, "My head literally exploded!", or "I'm literally on fire it's so hot in here!".

It makes me want to punch people in the face.

literally.

If you're going to use the word, use it right! I also agree with the "but whatever, I don't care." Lies! Man up and use your words damn it.
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this offends any Americans...

When I lived in London, England, and worked at the Westminster Abbey Bookshop, and the American tourists would ask if we carried certain books in "American"...

Ummm...You're standing in London, England, and you're looking for the book in WHAT LANGUAGE??
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    It makes me crazy when people cannot complete a sentence without adding the word *LIKE* at least 5 times!! It makes me feel like this --> :explode: (oops, there I go saying it!...frustrating sigh!)
    ^^^^^^ this.

Also people who start sentences with "Basically ........" or "In an ideal world........" or "At the end of the day....."
  • Shaz_74
    Shaz_74 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    This is phrase that I say, that drives my KIDS crazy .... whenever they want to go somewhere or do something and I'm not interested, I hit them with:

"Let's not and say we did." :laugh: (it was a favorite phrase of my 4th grade teacher and it stuck)
  • Kristiina67
    Kristiina67 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this offends any Americans...

When I lived in London, England, and worked at the Westminster Abbey Bookshop, and the American tourists would ask if we carried certain books in "American"...

Ummm...You're standing in London, England, and you're looking for the book in WHAT LANGUAGE??

Hehe... you should have asked if they wanted the Midwest or southern version :D
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Okay so this is an offshoot of the "one word that makes you cringe" topic.

Mine is "It is what it is..." I can't stand it when someone says that. It is totally over used, and makes no sense whatsoever.

I concur! This is very irritating!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    when people say "O-M-G" I don't mind text speak in text, but when you say it outloud it's like an assult on my brain.
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    When are you due??

I AM NOT PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Why do people say: "I know, right?" That doesn't mike sense.....

Haha! I abuse that one all the time!
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    "Not Gonna Lie..." Ummm, I didn't think you were going to in the first place.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    "Just sayin" is my personal pet peeve at the moment. "Epic fail" is right up there as well.