One phrase that people say that make you CRAZY!

Options

Replies

• PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I don't have any particular phrase, I just hate the word "SWAG"!

Wat the fck is that? Please speak correct English please. Thank you!

:)
  • cneale91
    cneale91 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

Whoever said that is eating all the wrong foods. I would - and did - choose being overweight over giving up yummy foods.

Thankfully, I found you can be lean and still eat what you love... and it's actually a lot easier than avoiding deliciousness.

this was said by kate moss a while ago and she got into ALOT of trouble over it cos its now a moto used by pro-ana sites and alot of young girls worship her to be a size 0 (unhealthy btw- i know alot of women are naturally small)
  • annabelsmommy
    annabelsmommy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people say, "Nip it in the butt." It's nip it in the bud, the BUD!!!!!!
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    this one was probably said already but "muscle weighs more than fat" NO it doesnt. a pound is a pound.
    Muscle does weigh more than fat by volume, and that's exactly what people mean when they say that.

i say, say what you mean, and mean what you say. muscle does not weigh more. period.

It seems you are the one not saying what you mean. If you mean a pound doesn't weigh more than a pound, then say that. If someone else talks about fat and muscle why assume they have a pound of each or that they even use pounds as a unit of measurement? You do know what happens when you assume, right?

i meant a pound is a pound. and thats what i said. and it doesnt matter really what they use as a unit of measurement. any "unit" of muscle weighs the same, as that same "unit" of fat. they just take up different amounts of space. the phrase is flawed in that it does not clarify. and it drives me crazy.

No, any unit of muscle does not weigh the same unit of fat. Only the same unit of weight measurement weighs the same, and that's where the assumption part comes in. Because a cubic inch of muscle does not weigh the same as a cubic inch of fat.

You are assuming they mean a weight measurement, which is really assuming they are not all that bright.. It seems far more logical to assume they are of at least average intelligence and they mean volume.

read what I posted/
  • wks8483
    wks8483 Posts: 4
    Options
    "Not for nothin'...." This makes no sense.
    Also "I could care less" makes me want to pull my hair out.
  • Krahn1984
    Krahn1984 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    "You're a vegetarian? I'm suprised you haven't lost any weight."

Umm...cheese & chocolate.
  • Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The phrase that drive me crazy and makes me cringe is "No Problem" instead of "Your Welcome". Especially at restaurants.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I hate when people act like they don't know what you mean. Like when you say, "Muscle weighs more than fat." And, then they give you the stare, and walk away abruptly, possibly upsetting furniture.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    "I know right" or in a text IKR
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    "I'm just sayin'" or "No offense, but...." it's like people want to continue b*tching but can't think of anything intelligent or relevant to say. And "No offense" almost always precedes something offensive.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't have any particular phrase, I just hate the word "SWAG"!

Wat the fck is that? Please speak correct English please. Thank you!

:)

Hmm, what does it mean in the context to which you refer? I am a geocacher and swag is the term used for trade items.
  • KoH_
    KoH_ Posts: 4
    Options
    'Take care'. I don't know what it is, but when people end a conversation online or in person i want to strangle them.
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few in mind right now but I think they've all been accounted for already. Actually had to stop reading the posts because I was starting to have a small anxiety attack. :-/
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Why do people say: "I know, right?" That doesn't mike sense.....
    this exactly! I also hate, "tell me about it " Makes me feel like they ar e not listening
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    'Take care'. I don't know what it is, but when people end a conversation online or in person i want to strangle them.

That one really grinds my gears too. Take care of what???
  • Asces
    Asces Posts: 182
    Options
    People down east (in North America) use some in an annoying way! They say things like "Your daughter is some pretty" or "that was some annoying"... seriously? I feel like they are saying partially and it drives me nuts! lol It just isn't in my non east vocabulary
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    "Stupid B****!"

I HATE when men say this!!!! *luckily they don't say it to me just at other women when driving or shopping, etc.*
    I say that about women all the time. Usually the ones that pull out in front of me and drive slow. THERE'S A WHOLE ****ING LANE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF ME ***** MOVE THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!

Then they look at me weird when I speed pass them and then reclaim my spot in front.

I also call them stupid ***** when they stare at me weird because I'm trying to get something from an shelf and they're taking up the whole freaking aisle. And don't get me started on the gang of females that like to walk extra slow at the mall while I'm trying to get somewhere. MOVE THE **** OUT OF THE WAY!

No one likes a stupid *****
    I, too, hate stupid *****es.. They make the rest of us look bad but I REALLY hate the one's in the movies that try to run from the killer in high heels.....
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    "FML" I hate that ... Really here's a gun eat a bullet!

THIS TOO! Especially when referring to stuff like "FML big exam tomorrow," "FML I just ate way too much peanut butter" WHAT?

I feel old...don't even know what FML means....

It means F**k my life.

Thanks, I didn't know either.
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    this one was probably said already but "muscle weighs more than fat" NO it doesnt. a pound is a pound.
    Muscle does weigh more than fat by volume, and that's exactly what people mean when they say that.

i say, say what you mean, and mean what you say. muscle does not weigh more. period.

It seems you are the one not saying what you mean. If you mean a pound doesn't weigh more than a pound, then say that. If someone else talks about fat and muscle why assume they have a pound of each or that they even use pounds as a unit of measurement? You do know what happens when you assume, right?

i meant a pound is a pound. and thats what i said. and it doesnt matter really what they use as a unit of measurement. any "unit" of muscle weighs the same, as that same "unit" of fat. they just take up different amounts of space. the phrase is flawed in that it does not clarify. and it drives me crazy.

No, any unit of muscle does not weigh the same unit of fat. Only the same unit of weight measurement weighs the same, and that's where the assumption part comes in. Because a cubic inch of muscle does not weigh the same as a cubic inch of fat.

You are assuming they mean a weight measurement, which is really assuming they are not all that bright.. It seems far more logical to assume they are of at least average intelligence and they mean volume.

im not assuming they mean weight, the phrase is muscle WEIGHS more then fat. thats not in any way an assumption. and i agree that the same unit of weight measurement is what weighs the same. knowledge aside, the phrase is flawed. not to mention, SO many people dont know this information. with weight loss, muscle gain, etc. there is so much information that newbs recieve, i just think that the information they recieve should be correct and not under the assumption they know that by that phrase we mean density, not weight. which is the word used.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I cringe when people say "Ya, ya betcha" It doesn't happen too often but, we DO NOT talk like that in Minnesota....seriously :)
    Oh yeah; I guess I forgot I live in Wisconsin now. Ha! moved to WI a year ago and lived in MN before that for 27 years. I keep thinking I still live in MN.....LOL!!