One phrase that people say that make you CRAZY!

Options

Replies

• SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Can I ask you something?

Ummm is saying no going to keep you from asking me? Didn't think so, so just ASK! :grumble:

I usually say, "You just did." Which is equally annoying, or maybe slightly more so.
    My comment is usually, "You just did, but I'll give you a second question because I like you!"
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    BRO!!!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    "I could care less" IT'S COULDN'T!! COULDN'T!! IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO SAY COULD!

Expert on subject - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

Ignore him after the could care bit though, even I think he takes it a bit far with the hold the fort things xD

THIS!
    Also when a couple or guy says "We're pregant" Seriously SHE"S pregnant...you're not carrying around an extra load for 9 months and than pushing another human being out of you as the grand finale pal.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    ASAP

Really, if you put that acronym in an email to me, I will put your request at the bottom of the pile.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    It's not really a phrase so much as a grammatical error, but... "I seen," drives me absolutely bananas. No, you didn't "seen," you freaking "saw."

Oh - and "should of." It's "should have."

And St. Patty's Day. It's "Paddy." St. Patrick was not a girl.
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    this one was probably said already but "muscle weighs more than fat" NO it doesnt. a pound is a pound.
    Muscle does weigh more than fat by volume, and that's exactly what people mean when they say that.

Haha, I hate people that say they hate muscle weighs more than fat! It just makes you look up yersel, because people mean by mass not weight, and they're correct!

i suggest you look it up, you may come across lots of useful information. :smile:

A other people have said repeatedly to you, when people say "muscle weighs more than fat" they mean by mass. Muscle takes up less space than fat, so by mass is weighs more. If you took a chunk of fat and a chunk of muscle the exact same size, the muscle would weigh more. Muscle DOES weigh more than fat, by volume. And that's what people mean when they say it. AND THEY ARE RIGHT.

In weight loss, it means that you can lose inches without changing weights, because you're burning fat but building muscle, and since by mass muscle weighs more, you can become slimmer, without losing weight.

I think you're beating a dead horse here.
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    this one was probably said already but "muscle weighs more than fat" NO it doesnt. a pound is a pound.
    Muscle does weigh more than fat by volume, and that's exactly what people mean when they say that.

Haha, I hate people that say they hate muscle weighs more than fat! It just makes you look up yersel, because people mean by mass not weight, and they're correct!

i suggest you look it up, you may come across lots of useful information. :smile:

A other people have said repeatedly to you, when people say "muscle weighs more than fat" they mean by mass. Muscle takes up less space than fat, so by mass is weighs more. If you took a chunk of fat and a chunk of muscle the exact same size, the muscle would weigh more. Muscle DOES weigh more than fat, by volume. And that's what people mean when they say it. AND THEY ARE RIGHT.

then how hard is it really to change the phrase to add information that would make it true? i know exactly what they mean, but thats not what they say. but like i said, the phrase, in and of itself, IS NOT RIGHT. bottom line. when people do not have previous knowledge of this information it leads them to believe what is said, and unless someone clarifies what they "mean", the information is incorrect.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    So anywho....................
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    "Really" "Seriously"
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Or using the word "axe" in replace if "ask." For example. "Let me axe you something..." It's ask. ASSSSSKKKKKKK!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Also when people say literally when they mean figuratively
  • Moeblessings
    Options
    Can I ask you something?

Ummm is saying no going to keep you from asking me? Didn't think so, so just ASK! :grumble:

I usually say, "You just did." Which is equally annoying, or maybe slightly more so.
    My comment is usually, "You just did, but I'll give you a second question because I like you!"

HA HA this is a good one too! I have to write these down!
  • _Shelley_
    _Shelley_ Posts: 206
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

Whoever said that is eating all the wrong foods. I would - and did - choose being overweight over giving up yummy foods.

Thankfully, I found you can be lean and still eat what you love... and it's actually a lot easier than avoiding deliciousness.

THIS THIS THIS

I'm sorry. Chocolate cake tastes way better than skinny.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Okay so this is an offshoot of the "one word that makes you cringe" topic.

Mine is "It is what it is..." I can't stand it when someone says that. It is totally over used, and makes no sense whatsoever.

that instantly came to mind as my choice when i read the thread title. it makes me cringe.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    "real talk"
  • Anathama
    Anathama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    In response to they way I eat. "Oh that's not heathy."

Really? Are you a medical scientist or doctor? More to the point are you a medical scientist or doctor that isn't on the dole of Big Pharma and the major food companies? Probably not, I'll wager.

Besides, is it less healthy than me being 363 lbs? yeah didn't think so.
  • mrsbarz
    mrsbarz Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people say SHOULD OF instead of SHOULD HAVE.
  • snwolfe
    snwolfe Posts: 6
    Options
    "Quite simply." If it's so simple, perhaps you should drop that ridiculous embellishment and stop condescending. (my husband is BIG TIME guilty of this one!)
  • mammaFireBear
    mammaFireBear Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I do not like to hear the following things.....

"Dude"
    "That's O.K." and then they tell you how bad their stuff is compared to yours
    "Seriously?"
    "Really? " ....my usual response is .."no, I am lieing to you."

There are more but that is a good sampling
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    " You carry your weight well" This drives me nuts, is there such a thing as you carry it badly?!?!

Yes. And be glad you don't.