Replies

• MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    :glasses:
  • jhajnal
    jhajnal Posts: 6
    Options
    Looks like it! You got a rockin' bod girlfriend (if that is you in your profile pic). LOL!
  • trinaballerina75
    trinaballerina75 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I miss my beer sooo much, but not quite as much as my favorite jeans!
    I have cut back to drinking just over the weekend and in moderation. I have also started drinking Bud 66 as it is only 88 cals per bottle and try and have no more than 4 when I want a beer.
    Beer was certainly the cause of my weight gain when I quit smoking last year, I took to drinking more beer instead...it was fun, shame about the consequences!! :)
  • MLA5FL
    MLA5FL Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love my beer! I make the big sacrifice every year for Lent (even though I'm not Catholic) and give up all alcohol for the 46 days. I never realized until I joined here that I was getting my calories about half from food and half from beer!! I guess I just never really thought about it since this is the first time I've ever been a calorie counter. Good thing I'm a light eater! Once Lent is over I'm going to really make an effort to stick with mostly weekends and maybe try some of the lighter calorie beer since I've always been a full flavor fan. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • vsmurrow
    vsmurrow Posts: 145
    Options
    getdrunknotfat.com
  • PeterSullivan93
    Options
    drink the 67 calorie molson canadian!, or got to liquor, a flask has the same amount of calories as like 1-2 beers :P just does way better
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Have not and will not stop drinking beer, i moderate, drinking a lot less than i used to. But there is no way i'm stopping my beer!!!!!!!! Drink Kronnenburg 1664 its mighty!
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I will not give up my beer. Luckily for me I like budweiser and stuff, and not the dark beers. My favorite beer is Michelob Ultra, I like the taste and 1 bottle is only 95 calories. I just make sure I have it in my calorie allotment and if I don't I still log it and learn from it. I think if you try to give up things you love its way to easy to fail. This is a new life. Good Luck
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You don't have to give up beer on your diet plan - just plan for it!

If i have 600 calories to go to my daily net, I know I can spare 250 calories for my favorite IPA. I've added a great many beers to the MFP database (no nutrients, just calories), so it is easy to locate quality suds to add.

In case you're curious, a 12oz 5% ABV beer is approximately 150 calories (Budweiser, for example). Thus, you can extrapolate any beer's calories if you know its alcohol content and volume by this formula:

((vol * %ABV)/60)*150 = calories
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I saw a news story a while back about a guy that fasted (from food) for a few weeks and consumed only beer the entire time. He didn't drink to excess and continued going to work the whole time and lost weight while not doing anything else different.

He was inspired by some monks he read about who used to brew and drink their own beer and they would do this "beer-fasting" process on a regular basis.

I'd have to look it up and get more details about what type of beer he used, but it sounds like something I might try on my vacation!

:drinker:
  • muzmacol
    Options
    I live in Utah so no problem for me to pass on beer ;) but when I do get some, I definitely log it... and work harder that morning to earn 1 or 2 more beer;))

I'm from england, so i apologise, but whats the problem with beer and utah??
  • muzmacol
    Options
    i plan on getting leathered later on today. I haven't drank all week, i've ate sensibly, run for miles, lost weight, so calories are not an issue today, its well earned!

beerandsports.com (my family can come too)
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Queen of beer here! I drank it almost everyday but when i decided to lose weight I totally cut it out for about a month to prove I could do it and get myself in gear. My husband has now taken it upon himself to get us out of the house so we now go to happy hour once a week and I have 3-4 and it hasn't sabotaged anything. We don't always do it though. I found that it was the bottle in my hand syndrome for me. Now I just carry my tin water can around everywhere. Works great for me. I don't miss it at all but I do love me some football and beer! Sometimes its just habits. Change your beer habit. You will soon find out you can make it!
  • thelassiemickyjames
    Options
    I was in your boat. I LOVE crazy microbrews. Especially IPAs, which are the highest in calories. I drank 3-4 nights a week at my favorite pub and had probably 4-5 pints each night. The same problem, I couldn't loose. I had to give up beer entirely before the scales would budge. Occasionally I'd go drink beer instead of dinner I loved it so much, but that was unhealthy. I stick to wine or liquor & sugar free mixers like soda water and diet coke. Sucks but it had to happen (at least for me). I still have good beers on special occasions.
  • NiniLeeMarie
    Options
    Try the light beer or vodka instead. I gave up alcohol recently for 40days once the 40days are over I'll probably just drink every other weekend.
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love my beer! I make the big sacrifice every year for Lent (even though I'm not Catholic) and give up all alcohol for the 46 days. I never realized until I joined here that I was getting my calories about half from food and half from beer!! I guess I just never really thought about it since this is the first time I've ever been a calorie counter. Good thing I'm a light eater! Once Lent is over I'm going to really make an effort to stick with mostly weekends and maybe try some of the lighter calorie beer since I've always been a full flavor fan. Anyone have any suggestions?

I love stella artois (sp) and red stripe. Not sure the calories but red stripe will knock you on your a@@ so you won't need but a couple! Bud light, michelobe ultra amber has more flavor too
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    I'm a craft beer fan, which are often higher in alcohol content (and hence higher in calories) than your typical Bud Light.

Important thing is to log your alcohol, to remind yourself how quickly the calories add up.

In the case of craft beers, few of them are in the MFP database, and most breweries don't post their calorie content. I get around that by estimating the number of calories by looking up the ABV% on beeradvocate.com, and then referencing the chart on this page:

http://www.simplybeer.com/how-many-calories-are-in-my-beer/

(Note: This chart assumes a 12-oz. serving. So be sure to multiply by 4/3 if you've been served a full pint.)
  • mamacita99
    mamacita99 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy beer & wine - but haven't had a beer in a month at least, and have seen results. I stick to vodka tonic when going out - and a glass or two of red wine during the week. I think it's easier since it's cold and winter months - I tend to enjoy a nice cold beer on a hot day - so I'll just have to lose the weight before then!! :)
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I live in Utah so no problem for me to pass on beer ;) but when I do get some, I definitely log it... and work harder that morning to earn 1 or 2 more beer;))

I'm from england, so i apologise, but whats the problem with beer and utah??
    I wondered that too, maybe they forgot to repeal prohibition? :bigsmile: