5*9 to 5*11 women

Options

Replies

• WhitneyW78
    WhitneyW78 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", but I'm not all the way to a "success" story yet, so I'll hold off on pictures!

SW: 530 pounds
    CW: 291 pounds
    GW: 180 pounds

Just 111 pounds left!
  • KathyEarhart
    KathyEarhart Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just to add to the existing answers - I'm 5'9" and am aiming for 149 - currently 158. Looking at pics of the lovely ladies I really don't see myself as looking as skinny and gorgeous as they do. Guess a lot of this is in the mind.

Loads of luck!

So true about it being in the head. I look in the mirror and see my stomach fat and every negative area on my body. I feel smaller, but not skinny. I guess it takes the mind a bit to catch up to not being the big. Being tall we are already 'bigger' than most people, then when we are heavy, it justs gets more uncomfortable.
  • meganlee85
    Options
    I'm 5'9", but I'm not all the way to a "success" story yet, so I'll hold off on pictures!

Just 111 pounds left!

Wow, that is so inspiring! Congratulations on all the hard work and good luck on the rest of your journey :)

I love this thread and all the various body shapes that the same height women have.

I' m 5'9" and over halfway to my goal of losing 52 lbs

SW: 197
    CW: 168.5
    GW: 145

I've just started back with MFP after months of eating without counting calories (gained 10lb back. So frustrating.) and I'm horrible with exercising, so I have lots of flab, especially around my c-section area. I'm still snugly in size 12 jeans, but I'd love to get serious with an exercise routine and see if my size drops more drastically, even if my weight doesn't change as much.
  • goodhealth2012
    Options
    bump for later!
  • hudnharsmom
    hudnharsmom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/

i dont know if any one had posted this site to you yet but it is awesome it will show you pics of women at any height and weight hope this helps it did me:smile:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Ladies you are all inspiring! If you haven't join the group Totally Tall Women of MFP please do!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/90-totally-tall-women-of-mfp
  • KaylaPeterson24
    KaylaPeterson24 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 11" almost 6'

SW: 198
    CW: 175
    GW: 160 (we'll see when I get here, possibly 150)
  • Katmckee89
    Options
    http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg606/Katmckee89/Photo0392.jpg

This is something I did for my blog as a bit of a motivation too (I had a contrast for it too) but this is the lightest I had ever been, and I think I weighed 150 or so, I'm wanting to be just a little lighter or more toned because I still did have some trouble areas in my stomach and thighs. :D If anyone wants to friend that would be awesome too.
  • klpruitt7
    klpruitt7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lenya_maria4516
    lenya_maria4516 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5'9". I was 154 now down to 144. I'm feeling great but have added an extra 7lbs (total eventual loss of 21lbs) and will see how I get on. I think 140 is probably about right for our height :)
  • andyp79
    andyp79 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11.
    SW was 195 but I don't think I've got any photos of me at that weight - i hid when I saw a camera!
    CW is 181. I really wish I looked like some of you at 180!
    GW is 160 I think I'll go more on how I feel rather than a number on the scale.
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    bump
  • annafonte
    annafonte Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi Mandie,

I completely agree with you. I'm 5'11 and my weight is about 229 now - I used to be so much heavier but I've always looked slimmer than I weight. I am curvy (thank God) so I'm very small up top and I carry hips on my bum, thighs and hips and abdomen - as people would call - pear shaped lol but I love my shape, and I dont want to lose any of my assets, I just want to drop some weight.

Maybe we can be friends and help eachother through this. We seem to be quite similar :)
  • Katmckee89
    Options
    bump
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options

Just 111 pounds left!

Holy crap woman, I would definitely call you a success story already, that's extremely impressive.
  • linajon
    linajon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I would like to join this group. I am 5'10" and recently had a baby where I gained 80lbs (yikes). I have lost some weight on my own but would live a support group. I am currently at 219.5lbs and my goal is to get down to 175lb... So 45 lbs is my goal...
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    *Bump for inspiration!!
  • kellyhass
    kellyhass Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9... And just started......hope to post a great success story
  • kellyhass
    kellyhass Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring
  • sockablooie
    Options
    Awesome thread. I'm 5'11 with a large frame (based on wrist size):

SW: 237 size 18W
    CW 212.6 size 16 regular
    GW - 177

You all look gorgeous and are doing a fabulous job! It's so interesting how different folks have different clothing sizes at the same weight. I totally agree about lifting heavy weights - I'm pretty sure that's the only reason I have gone down three sizes when I have lost just 25 pounds via the scale.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!