Replies

• mandy_lynn
    mandy_lynn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You look so much younger and happier :)
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting. I can relate to your size (both height and weight) and battle of the bulge. I just turned 60 and it is like chizziling cement to get the weight off. I too have the borderline numbers and do not want to go that direction. You didn't mention, but did your numbers get back to where they should be? I really did need to hear that you are NEVER too old. Thanks, again.

I had my yearly physical last week and will be having my blood work re-done in the next few days so my fingers are crossed that the numbers will show all my hard work! :glasses:
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!! You know, the secret is it also shaves of years....so....I think it's safe to say you are 21 again ;-)

Hahaha, I don't know about 21, 46 maybe! :blushing:
  • Armygirl67
    Armygirl67 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You look amazing ! I'm so proud of you !!!
  • mekkzy888
    mekkzy888 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You are such an amazing inspiration!! I love hearing stories like this, keep up the good work :)
  • toglamgirl
    Options
    This is very good info for me to look at! I sometimes feel like I can never do it. I've been fat all of my life in various degrees. Good work!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    congrats, you are fabulous!
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your commitment to yourself & your well being! You look absolutely wonderful :flowerforyou: All the best in the future!
  • mamorganor
    Options
    Truely remarkable...Congrats! You look fantastic!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    HUGE congratulations and what a great inspiration!
    You have truly proved your words - well done! :smile:
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your response. Yes, I have been "dieting" all this time. Usually I am under my calorie allotment but too high in sugar. I only get 33 grams per day and my 1/2 grapefruit in the morning uses 11 of those. I like fruit so my sugar is always too high. I have just added protein whey shakes to boist protein on the advice of my trainer. The exercises I do are:
    squats three sets of twelve, bench presses 45 lbs, hamstring curls 20 lbs, crunches 70 lbs. pull-ups 12 lbs bicep curls 12lbs, triceps, lat pull downs... all sets are repeated three times three days a week. My trainer says I do alot better than some much younger people. He is so attentive and supportive. I wouldn't be so faithful about working out if it weren't for him. I walk on the treadmill for 20-40 minutes. I think that's my weak point. He would like me to walk more. Aaargh!
    What is the name of the book you recommended about strength training?
    I have real sugar cravings and think I am addicted by the way I respond to them. It's an almost automatic response when sugar is put in front of me. Once I start I don't stop.
    Thanks again for your interest. I am so impressed with the way every one is so supportive of one another. This is a very nice list to read.
    The book is "Lift Like A Man Look Like a Goddess." I'm 59 and I lift. I modified the program recommended in the book because of old knee injuries from competitive team sports.

My hard hat is off to you! A wonderful accomplishment!
  • vryanz
    vryanz Posts: 49
    Options
    You're AWESOME!
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!

You look absolutely stunning! You look so pretty and so healthy compared to your before pics.

You should be soooooo proud!

Awesome commitment! You're a true inspiration.

Thanks for sharing.

Darla
  • alangholz
    alangholz Posts: 69
    Options
    So very inspiring!!!
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Great Work!! :)
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on your HUGE accomplishment!! You look awesome! Very inspiring to us "beginners"! Thanks for sharing your success! Best wishes to you! :flowerforyou:
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You, my dear, are an inspiration!
  • Jackieb301
    Jackieb301 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are an inspiration for this 45 year old:) Congratulations and thank you for sharing your successes!
  • LynneGG
    LynneGG Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You inspire many...thanks for sharing!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Wow! Lookin' Good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!