Need to loss 28 pounds in 6 weeks.... Meal Ideas Needed!

Options

Replies

• Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Not possible without ruining your health and body.
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi Louise,

First of all, what's your current weight and heigth???
    If you have just those 28 pounds extra, i believe it's almost impossible to lose almoste 5lbs/week.
    However, if you have extra 100 lbs, maybe you can.

Weating onlu chicken salad it's not correct.
    You have to get a variety of food in order to get all the nutrients you need.
    If you eat below the calories you should, your body may also think it's "starvation season" and make the process even more difficult.

Conclusion: Aim for smaler (and RECHEABLE) targets.

Kisses,

Tatyanne
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Been there, tried to do that. :flowerforyou:

I'm no expert, but I've seen lots of amazing transformations in body size by people who have started exercise programs such as the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels. Others have hit the weights.
    I think you might get better body transformation results this way rather than just focusing on a number on the scale.
    Your body will be tighter and so you'll look slimmer but not necessarily see it on the scale ... you'll lose inches which really, is more important.

In order to do this properly, you'll have to feed your body well ... lots of nourishing whole foods.

So IMHO, I would focus on working out instead of 'dieting'.

Enjoy your holiday in Spain and like LisaSmuts said ... "Don't make yourself ill over a holiday."
  • melpap12
    melpap12 Posts: 50
    Options
    In order to lose 28 lbs in 6 weeks you need to have a calorie deficit of 2330 EVERY day. That means that you can either eat 1200 calories and then burn 3530 ( running for approx 6 hours straight) or eat nothing and burn 2330 (running for approx. 4 hours).

Do you think you goal is realistic?

Math is awesome!

Thats a great way of putting it. Numbers dont lie.

I :heart: math!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    In order to lose 28 lbs in 6 weeks you need to have a calorie deficit of 2330 EVERY day. That means that you can either eat 1200 calories and then burn 3530 ( running for approx 6 hours straight) or eat nothing and burn 2330 (running for approx. 4 hours).

Do you think you goal is realistic?

Excellent way of putting it into perspective!
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi, have you tried the Atkins program.. My friend wanted to lose 80 pounds and she tried the Atkins..She lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks with the Induction phase and she remained on this phase for a month for a total of 25 pounds lost.. Visit their website and read about the induction phase. I plan to start this program next week. Good Luck!!

That is a sensible solution...it does take off weight rapidly. You rock!
  • TamImbrogno
    TamImbrogno Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend!! Alot of these people apparently have their heads crammed so far up their butts they cant think straight! I have lost 31lbs in 8wks....if you would like some of my suggestions just msg me. All together i am wanting to lose 40ish lbs.
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Why the specific time and weight to lose? It's not the sort of thing you can rush. A more reasonable loss would be 12 lbs in 6 weeks -- and even that is pretty low calorie and aggressive.

Try eliminating all starches from your diet for the duration. That includes: bread, pasta, rice, cereal, beans, corn, etc.

Then up the lean protein a bit.
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    okay here's the thing. You need to eat cat food, and ONLY cat food for the next 6 weeks. Seriously, have you ever seen an obese cat?

I eat so much cat food that I'm starting to think like a cat

Brilliant, you've given me my 1st laugh for the day, I mean, 2 stone in 6 weeks, might be achievable if you are morbidly obese, and are on tv's biggest loser, working out for 5 hours a day, realistically, you may lose a stone in 6 weeks, if you work hard enough for it, people should accept you for who you are, not matter what your weight is!!
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    okay here's the thing. You need to eat cat food, and ONLY cat food for the next 6 weeks. Seriously, have you ever seen an obese cat?

Sensible suggestions please!

How about sensible requests. 28lbs in 6 weeks is almost impossible and EXTREMELY unhealthy. You're setting yourself up for a disappointing failure. Try for 1-2 lb week loss, and continue the healthy changes, through and beyond, your Spain trip.
  • FluttershySweetie
    FluttershySweetie Posts: 216 Member
    Options

Sorry but a little tidbit of information.... over 50% of cats are not only overweight they are obese..... and most of those cats eat cat food only... not me just saying it but based on multiple sudies... I`m a small animal nutritionist... cats shouldnt weigh over 10 lbs, some not over 8lbs...

And back to the thread... Yeah unfortunately very unrealistic goal... will not happen no matter what diet ur on... just eat halthy and exercise... you`ll eventually get there just not in the amount of time you want.
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend!! Alot of these people apparently have their heads crammed so far up their butts they cant think straight! I have lost 31lbs in 8wks....if you would like some of my suggestions just msg me. All together i am wanting to lose 40ish lbs.

Im not trying to be mean but this isnt healthy..on some days your eating less then 400 cals..your body needs more then what your eating to even work.
  • creative1981
    creative1981 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it is possible but I am sure it'll leave you feeling pretty rubbish in time for your holiday.
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I don't think that kind of weight loss is possible...and if it is you're going to be doing some damage to your body. :/ This is something that takes TIME....everyone is looking for a shortcut and an instant fix, but there isn't one. This is the reason so many diet fads get popular is because some marketing guy convinces people they can get phenomenal results in super short amounts of time.

Budget what calories you take in.....do adequate cardio and strength training......win.
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Also, I sure wish I was in a clandestine group, with cool handshakes and secret knocks, etc. :)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Take a look at your diary. If you think it is ok to eat 300-700 calories a day, you need to seek medical advice. Any doctor will tell you this is very unhealthy and can cause long term damage to your health and metabolism.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    4 Pounds A Week??? -=Shakes Head=- Unless you have A LOT to loose, I dont see this as being very possible while eating a balanced diet.

Maybe stick to something more maintainable like 2 lbs a week. That is healthy, a huge success within itself, and much easier to pull off (even though I cant even do that haha).

As for low fat meals:
    Tilapia and Salmon (Salmon is technically high in fat, but incredibly good for you)
    LOTS O STEAMED VEGGIES
    Brown Rice
    Wheat Pasta
    Spinach Salads
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Try Juicing.

Watch the movie, Fat, Sick, and nearly dead.
  • ChubzMcGee
    Options

Brilliant... I'm getting me some whiskas!
  • lexidell46
    lexidell46 Posts: 143
    Options
    Why are you setting yourself up for a big disappointment?Just take it slow and steady . The weight will come off, you'll be much healthier for it. Just think the next time you go you can really wow you friends/family.