sentence/phrase that helps you stay focused/eating/exercisin

Options

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I enjoy running I like the one Someone busier than you is outside running right now and also one I found from here

Every choice you make about what you will put in your body and how you will move your body will either put you one step closer to good health or one step further away."

Also Its funny Ive been thinking of asking for peoples inspiration quotes.

Also I was in the US Army so sometimes when Im running and getting mentallly to the point I want to quit I think of my Drill Seargarent running next to me doing a excellent job at motivating me.

Thanks for the Topic

You are so welcomed and it's funny...when I'm working out--I often imagine I'm a soldier heading for battle. I've never been in the military, but that's what I imagine--it's like it's like I'm heading for battle and in a way, I guess I am in a battle...the Battle of the BULGE!
  • mazari
    mazari Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mine is "not worth the calories"
  • RunTLS
    RunTLS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I've seen so many that I loved. I usually just lurk but figured that I've seen enough of these that I would have one that others would like.

"Suck it up, and someday you won't have to suck it in."
    "You won't get much done if you only work at it when you feel like it."
    "There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
    "If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up."

Oh, ha ha plus a picture I saw that said "I exercise because I know I would have been the first person to die in the Hunger Games!" I love those books so that helps too lol.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    "Either get busy livin' or get busy dyin'"
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Bathing suit weather is just around the corner. LOL
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    I sing the chorus to Eminem's "I'm Not Afraid"...I'm not afraid, to take a stand, everybody, come take my hand, we'll walk this road together, thru the storm........the whole song basically...lol
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I usually need it most when I'm exercising, and it's usually "come on, fatty. you delivered 2 babies and you're going to complain about this?" or the little tune that Dory in Finding Nemo sings ("Just keep swimming just keep swimming just keep swimming swimming swimming") but more appropriate to whatever exercise I'm doing lol
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Cowgirl up- It's from my dad, who kept telling me this when I was helping him move furniture into the 2nd floor condo- no elevator.
    Ich bin unsterblich. Flieg hoch, leb laut.- It's from a song called Unsterblich. It means I am immortal. Fly high, live loud.
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My 4:45am alarm: "The only workout you regret, is the one you didn't do."

My 4:50am alarm (just in case the 445 alarm gets turned off at 446am): "No excuses."

Brilliant! Thanks for the suggestion! Mine is this:
    "The short-term suffering of getting back into shape is NOTHING compared to the long-term suffering of NOT getting back into shape."
  • ahubacek
    ahubacek Posts: 135
    Options
    I have this on my desk at work because I work a crazy high stress job, but I have found it helpful in my workouts too--

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do."-- Eleanor Roosevelt
  • lrpfann1
    lrpfann1 Posts: 2
    Options
    When I'm at a buffet....I tell myself, "Only feed the skinny Linda!" :drinker:
    My goal is that if I keep only feeding my skinny self,,,,the leftover...
    fat part of me will die off! Yea!
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Do what you know is right and the numbers on the scale will follow.
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Bump! Bump bump bump bump! BUMPITY BUMP! (Thanks guys; these are great.)
  • kezziemc
    kezziemc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Will eating this junk/chocolate/pizza help me get into my skinny clothes? no.

if nothing changes, then nothing changes

eat to live, not live to eat
  • Dannosjourneytofit
    Dannosjourneytofit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    mine is the verse "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    About a month ago I challenged myself to do 60 minutes on the Arc Trainer. I almost gave up at the 40 minute mark because I ran out of water. For the next 20 minutes, I kept telling myself:

I DO HARD THINGS!!

Not, "I *can* do hard things" I know I can......but I actually DO them now! I was so happy when I saw the machine hit 60:00 I almost cried. I keep a reminder (IDHT) on my computer monitor. It applies to a lot more than exercise.
  • rainbowfaye
    rainbowfaye Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    When I really don't want to exercises I think "I can do anything for 30 minutes". On an unrelated note this also works for cleaning.
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    ...and the winner is...
    This will be worth it when the Zombie Apocalypse comes!
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm a full-time student and have this posted close to my home desk:

"You don't get it by Staring;
    You don't get it by Wishing;
    You don't get it by Drooling;
    You don't get it by Hoping;
    You don't get it Easy;
    You get it by
    Getting off your *kitten*
    and working for it
    Every second of every day
    For the rest of your life!!"

It's not one that I repeat to myself, but it has motivated me to get off my butt a few times and do a workout :)

I love everyone else's quotes too, one of my favourites is, "Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels" and I use the "Just 5 more" too lol. It's pushed me much farther than my big behind thinks it can go. Oh, and I always tell myself "NO MORE EXCUSES", because frankly I had one for everything :ohwell:
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    While lifting - I am strong & powerful!
    While running - I imagine I'm relentless like the Terminator!
    Re food - Only I control what goes in my mouth! & Everything I do affects how I will feel in the future!

If it's important to you, you will find a way. If it's not you will find an excuse.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!