Healthy fast breakfast Idea's???

Options

Replies

• thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Special K with sliced organic banana and chocolate protein powder mixed in.
  • mamaof4boyz
    Options
    Cheese and Turkey Bacon Muffins 2 whole eggs 1 carton of egg whites Salt and Pepper 1/4 cup Shredded Cheese 5 Slices of chopped Turkey Bacon Blend Egg whites, eggs, salt & pepper together. Pour into olive oil sprayed muffin tins. Add a pinch of cheese and a pinch of turkey bacon equally between 12 muffins. Bake 350 degrees for approx 20 mins. Makes 12 Muffins

Apple & Oats Muffins ~ 2 Whole Eggs 1 Carton of egg whites 1 small chopped apple Oats Cinnamon Blend egg whites and eggs. Add 1 Tb of large flake oats to olive oil sprayed muffin tins. Add Eggs. Add approx 1 tb of chopped apple to each muffin, then sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at 350 degrees for approx 30 mins. I bake these a little longer so the apple is fully cooked. Top each muffin with 1/2 tsp of peanut butter
  • sabriel
    sabriel Posts: 46
    Options
    I often have an omelet with 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg, mushrooms and a little bit of cheese.
    I have a plastic thing that means you can make it in the microwave which speeds it up in the morning.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    -hard boiled eggs
    -egg scramble (1whole egg, 1 egg white, veggies, salsa)
    If you cut up the veggies ahead of time, it only takes about 5 minutes to make it.
    -greek yogurt (you can jazz it up by adding fruit, honey, cinnamon, etc)
    -protein shake
    -bananas
    -peanut butter w/ toast
    add a glass of milk or natural fruit juice to any of these.

I also always look for organic/natural stuff.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I make a whole bunch of old fashioned (or steel cut) oats on Sunday and portion it for my breakfast during the week. The great thing about making old fashioned oats is you can put whatever you want...

Canned Pumpkin
    Banana
    Choc Chips
    Strawberries
    BlueBerries

Or you can make baked oatmeal (this heats up nicely in the microwave).

I also have made egg casseroles and portioned up for breakfast.
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Slice of whole grain toast (cut in half), heat and serve turkey breakfast sausage, half a slice of cheese. Takes about two minutes to put it together.
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    I just tried plain yogurt this morning mixed with a small bit of cereal, and it was surprisingly delicious. I normally do the instant Quaker Oats, though.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I love plain greek yogurt blended with some frozen fruit, pretty darn quick.
    I second this. Quick and tasty. If I'm having it at home I'll add 20g of fruit 'n' fibre and to really push the boat out a swirl of honey as well. Still only 250ish cals.
  • FollowMeFit
    FollowMeFit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal. I make a big batch of old fashion quacker oats with optional ingredients: dried cranberries, walnuts, wheat germ, milled flax seeds, etc. on my day off and divide it in small containers 3/4 c servings. I pop it the microwave with a splash of milk and in 1:30 a hot, filling breakfast is done. My recipe makes 7 servings for each day of the week. I wouldn't start my morning without it. You can find the complete recipe on my blog..... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/FollowMeFit

P.S. Instant is not "bad" for you but it is processed which makes it easier to digest, quicker to turn to instant energy that your body will use before it uses the stored stuff (fat), and doesn't keep you as full as the unprocessed kind. :smile:
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    Whole grain english muffin with nut butter and flax
    Oatmeal (steel cut oats are best but anything is better than nothing - even the instant packets) with fresh fruit added in
    A banana with a handful of raw nuts
    An apple with 1/2 whole grain bagel and 1 to 1 1/2 tblsp fat free cream cheese (tip: try adding veggies like leafy greens, shredded carrot, and onion to your bagel to help get in those veggie servings)
    Skim milk and whole grain cereal + 1/2 cup fresh berries
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I like to take a greek yogurt, dump in it a tupperware container with a 1/2 cup dry oats and let sit overnight or for a few hours.
  • gordowens
    gordowens Posts: 55
    Options
    Protein Shake... I use herbalife and LOVE it!
  • honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I enjoy an apple with peanut butter and an atkins shake. Love Atkins for the very low sugar content.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    beat an egg and microwave in a small bowl (like a custard dish) for 45 sec on high. Add some cheese and maybe some diced ham. I'll also have a plum on the side.
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I throw this in the microwave: 1/2 c. chopped broccoli, 1 c. chopped spinach, 1/4 c. diced red (or yellow, orange, green) bell pepper, and eggs--either whole or egg whites (I get the packaged egg whites). I mix the eggs with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and then mix the veggies in. Microwave till done (for some reason, the times vary from 2-4 minutes, depending on the day). Sometimes I put a TBSP of cheese on and then flip it together. I can cook it while I'm getting ready to go, grab from the micro, eat really fast, and go. Good protein, veggies... and not horrible on the sodium.

Something else that's good is Greek yogurt with a scoop of protein powder mixed in.

Lately, I've been adding 1 TBSP of PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and a TBSP of sugar free preserves and mixing it with my Greek yogurt. It's like a PBJ in a bowl. YUMMY!
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I eat 2/3 cups of granola, a dannon light and fit yogurt or yoplait light yogurt with blueberries (if I can find them) or a banana if I can't find the berries due to the season. It keeps me full all morning and I pack it all separately and mix it together at work and eat it at my desk. I eat that in the morning around 830 and I'm good until lunch at 1230 and it is only around 400 calories and tastes yummy. My favorite granola is Cascadian dark chocolate almond
  • Mom777
    Mom777 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is: (and I cook this breakfast sausage ahead and keep in freezer)

1/3 cup egg whites
    2 oz. Isernio's Chicken Breakfast Sausage
    1 Eating Right (or Orowheat) Multi-Grain Sandwich Round

Put the sandwich round in the toaster. Spray a small fry pan with pan spray. Put in the crumbled sausage and heat over medium until it starts frying. Spread them evenly in pan, then gently pour in the egg whites and cook over medium heat until done. Break apart so the eggs/sausage fits on the sandwich round toast and viola! Only 205 calories.

This sandwich is huge and has plenty of protein to last me until lunch time. Sometimes I even have it for lunch with glass of fresh carrot juice.. yummy!

Edit: Oh, this takes about 5 minutes.

One more:

1 Ore-Ida hash brown patty square (come 9 in a box)
    1-2 eggs

Spray pan with pan spray. Fry the hash brown patty. Put on the plate. Re-spray pan and add egg(s). Cook to preference. With one egg 140 cal. With 2 eggs. 210 cal.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I l like peanut butter and banana on a wholewheat wrap....quick and easy!