Replies

• Kellelizabeth
    Kellelizabeth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :happy:
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I'm confused, if my BMR is ~1400 and I eat 1270 plus whatever I burn exercising, is that "starvation" ? I always eat if I'm hungry and have felt plenty fueled for my workouts but I don't want to be starving myself either! I've set my goals at 1/2 lb per week because I am very close to my goal weight.

I recently bought new rules of lifitng for women, so I may start following those eating guidelines to support my lifting anyways, but I was just curious :)

If your estimated healthy BMR is 1400, and you've been NETting at 1270 and not hungry, then that is actually your BMR.
    So a loss of 130 cal a day from just that isn't totally awful.

But now all your daily activity calories use less calories because metabolism is slower.

Which just means your deficit is not as great as it looks on paper.
  • Raina27
    Raina27 Posts: 133
    Options
    You all give me hope!! Great Job Everyone!! :D
  • NicholeRobb
    NicholeRobb Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! This is indeed great motivation! And I never realized how huge a difference strength training could make! Thank you!
  • Ohbutiloveicecream
    Ohbutiloveicecream Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Before - A day at the beach at 15 1/2 stone (217 lbs)- FlausaDunes3.jpg

During - Running (wtf?) a half marathon at 11 stone (154 lbs) - CropRun.jpg

Almost there now! - Christmas Night Out at 9 1/2 stone (133 lbs) - Carnboothcrazylaugh.jpg

I don't have a current pic, but I'm now 9 stone (126 lbs) and not so worried about the scale. I ate below 1400 calories once and about ripped someone's head off, so gradually started upping my calories. I started out power walking and doing body weight resistance training, moved onto running and body weight resistance training, and now run, walk, row, and lift 2 x's per week. I'm currently working towards maintenance and eat from 1900-2300 calories a day. My abs are slightly more flabulous than I'd like them to be, but every week I'm noticing positive changes even though the scale isn't moving. I looooove food, but I love it in a healthier manner these days!
  • itslucyr
    itslucyr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump - an incredibly motivating series of stories! I'm currently set to 1200 and eating that + exercise calories without feeling too hard done by but having read these I think I'm going to try upping it. Doing Davina exercise DVDs that have some strength built in but also going to have a go at the 100 press-up challenge. No gym access (ridiculously expensive over here!) so always on the look out for free strength training ideas - any suggestions?
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I'm loving the pics of fit, healthy *toned* ladies! Very inspirational as I really don't want to eat or look like a stick insect or spend my life at the gym.

I'm currently eating 1310ish a day and walking a lot! Once I get more settled, I'll see if I can add some different types of exercise like yoga and Zumba back into the mix. I'm keen to finish losing my initial goal of 10 kilos (20 pounds) and then maybe take off another another 5 kilos (10 pounds) of fat.

My goal is to be a healthy, somewhat toned size 12 (UK - USA size 10, I think) who can maintain with penty of water, fruit n veg but also cake! And I want to be able to have time for hobbies that don't all relate to fitness!
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Wow! You guys are awesome!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I constantly am eating above my BMR, I do eat back my exercise calories.... (current BMR is 2160 with my 500 calorie deficit built in to lose 1 lb. a week and I am eating around 3000 calories a day currently)

May 2009 @ 560 lbs.

2009May2.jpg

3frontalshot.jpg

3Sideshot.jpg

DSCF0100resized.jpg

2012-01-15120616.jpg

2012-01-15120454.jpg

Facesidebyside20112.jpg

Current weight @ 257 lbs.

WOW!!! Incredible!
  • swifta
    swifta Posts: 7
    Options
    bump
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    No starvation. In fact I'm eating more and more often that I have when I weighed a lot more. Making better choices, though, and exercising a LOT more. I made it to my goal weight, so now I'm going to start lifting to develop a little more muscle. I expect I'll be eating even more during this phase.

ProgressionVar-1.jpg

WOW!:bigsmile:
  • RoxyLDN
    RoxyLDN Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Here's my before and after pics. It took me 17 months to do this, and I did NOT starve myself, take any pills, or do anything else that people may think is a 'shortcut'.

BeforeAfter2_smaller.jpg

Wow! Well done! You look great! :-)
  • RoxyLDN
    RoxyLDN Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wow! In fact it's full of inspirational people! Great pals!
  • jayne2177
    jayne2177 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love food - no starving myself here! I think the least I ate was around 1500, but now that I'm maintaining I try to eat a minimum of 2300 calories/day. I'm 5'10" btw.

Before (294 lbs, approximately 56% body fat):
    003-4-1.jpg
    37600_139117492784657_100000592214278_278412_3914396_n.jpg

Now (156 lbs, approximately 22% body fat or maybe a little less):
    017-6.jpg
    014.jpg

btw - strength training rocks
  • jayne2177
    jayne2177 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Amazing! :)
  • tateslady
    tateslady Posts: 13
    Options
    bump
  • Puckeysrun
    Puckeysrun Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Weightlossprogresscopy-1-1.jpg

SW:180
    CW:139
  • Alkirra
    Alkirra Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    YOU are ALL Amazing and I am now upping my calorie's. The one thing that you all have in common is you Work out, Cardio and Weights ... wonderful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!